No announcement yet.

Security check when leaving the plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes its somewhat time wasting and especially for those who have connecting flights - think this checks are just more for training the security guys. In fact, if they seriously want to screen all arriving passengers, there's an x-ray machine just before the arrival exit door.

Comment

In what must be more than 100 times flying through Changi, never had an arrival scan. Didn't even know they existed, until it happened to my flight from DPS on SQ947 last Sunday night. Thankfully I was in row 31 so I got through quickly. Didn't hang around to see the carnage behind.

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
        In what must be more than 100 times flying through Changi, never had an arrival scan. Didn't even know they existed, until it happened to my flight from DPS on SQ947 last Sunday night. Thankfully I was in row 31 so I got through quickly. Didn't hang around to see the carnage behind.
        They have a few Arrival Screening stations around the airport.

At the 2 sides of the T1 piers, T2 (near gate E10 and opposite F34), T3 (at both sides of the A16-A20) common-gate hold room.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

and from the papers today, we may have passports checked on exiting the plane too as ICA have been doing that over the last week.

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
            seem SQ047 got screen "frequently". happened again on 18-Dec.
            visit my blog

Comment

They screened arriving passengers from MUC on SQ327 last week... Are they going nuts now?

Comment

Am not sure if this is a random thing depending on which aerobridge the plane docks at. I experienced it two weeks ago when I got off at T3 around the A15-A21 end. At that time, I thought they were targeting regional flights originating from less-than-100%-secure airports ... I came in from KUL.

Comment

Came in from KUL on TR yesterday at T2. I think it was one of the E20-something gates. They roped off all the gaps between the travelators and stationed auxiliary police to make sure all arriving pax gets funnelled through to a consolidated checkpoint.

Comment

Got this again last week on arrival from CGK. I asked that the purpose was, was again told 'security' and when I again questioned what 'security' it was as our flight was now finished, I was heading to my hotel and those on connecting flights are getting screened at their gates anyway they couldn't offer an explanation of the purpose of it.

Comment

Flew ZNZ-ADD-SIN with the family on ET over the weekend. Security screenings at both ZNZ and ADD were among the most lax I've come across (ZNZ is just a shed with the guy manning the x-ray device paying greater attention to his mobile than the screen, while at ADD, the metal detector beeped as my son walked through, but they did not do a secondary screening! ).

So I thought they'd screen us for sure on arrival. But guess what? Nothing!

Just a data point to confirm the randomness of the whole process.

Comment

Arrival from BKK seems to be a safe bet. Wednesday another one arriving on SQ.

Comment

I am now on a hat trick for SQ regional arrivals getting this nonsense. After getting it on arrival from CGK last month I got it again earlier this week from BKK. As soon as they tell you the gate is F41 you know whats coming.

As ever, nobody can offer a plausible explanation about why they do it.

Comment

IMHO the aftermath of the FAA and ICAO safety rating for Thailand and Thai carriers. It was lifted but not all concerns are to date fully adressed.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                              IMHO the aftermath of the FAA and ICAO safety rating for Thailand and Thai carriers. It was lifted but not all concerns are to date fully adressed.
                              FAA and ICAO safety concerns were more due to the operational safety oversights of the airlines under Thai registry rather than Thai airport's security.
                              Security check screenings at Changi airport are determined by the airport police and they seem to be operating with a list that was last updated more than 10 years ago.

Comment

Another data point: got screened yesterday (Sunday 14 April 2019) coming off MI351 (PEN-SIN). Gate was E10.

Comment

Working...
                                X