Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any luck with redemptions on new Suites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any luck with redemptions on new Suites?

Has anyone had luck either upgrading to/ purchasing a redemption ticket in the NEW Suites yet? The SQ booking engine always shows "Not Available" for flights operating the new product. Am looking to purchase a J seat and upgrade.
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    Has anyone had luck either upgrading to/ purchasing a redemption ticket in the NEW Suites yet? The SQ booking engine always shows "Not Available" for flights operating the new product. Am looking to purchase a J seat and upgrade.
    I do see availability for SQ221 to Sydney for some days in oct doing a dummy booking but only at advantage level none for saver

Comment

At the beginning of this year I flew SQ232 SYD-SIN in Suites on an Advantage points upgrade from a paid business class ticket.

I did the upgrade online on SQ's website. On the website, no saver upgrades were available, but advantage upgrades could be waitlisted. I opted for a waitlisted advantage upgrade. The waitlist cleared a few days before departure. More in this TR.

Comment

I enquired about availability of redemption upgrade to the new Suites when departing LHR last week in revenue J. As in, upgrade at T2 check in counter.

Possible, but only at the 130k miles rate. They will be willing to upgrade you at that rate as long as there are still empty seats available when check in opens at LHR.

Comment

I know of someone who cleared saver x 2 today from ZRH-SIN ... 12 hours before departure.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            I know of someone who cleared saver x 2 today from ZRH-SIN ... 12 hours before departure.
            You?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              You?
              Nein! Was an acquaintance from an FB group

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                I redeemed for new Suites for SIN-SYD (Saver), SIN-HKG (Saver) and upgraded SIN-ZRH (Saver).

For PPS, they entertain requests to be put on the waitlist for Saver. Standard awards are not a huge issue and every basic Krisflyer members stands a good chance for those.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  I redeemed for new Suites for SIN-SYD (Saver), SIN-HKG (Saver) and upgraded SIN-ZRH (Saver).

For PPS, they entertain requests to be put on the waitlist for Saver. Standard awards are not a huge issue and every basic Krisflyer members stands a good chance for those.
                  I've had no luck with waitlisted Savers clearing in the last twelve months. F or (old) Suites. Eventhough I was offered Standard/Advantage at check-in. I must be doing something wrong. But I'm not giving up. Tying again next week. Fingers crossed.
                  Last edited by Desert Traveller; 2 October 2018, 03:50 PM. Reason: ...
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

Does anyone know when CDG will come online with the new Suites? Am booked to fly on March 31st, 2019, and it shows the old 12 Suite cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post

Wow that's incredible! I know there's been luck with Advantage awards but 3 sectors in Saver is amazing! PPS must surely help. How early did the waitlists clear?
                      Fly well,
                      Travel safe,
                      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Planning a Europe trip 6-months out on the new suites. Are these the routes available?

* Singapore – New York (JFK) – Frankfurt
                        * Singapore – Hong Kong
                        * Singapore – London
                        * Singapore – Tokyo – Los Angeles
                        * Singapore – Paris
                        * Singapore – Sydney
                        * Singapore – Zurich
                        * Singapore – Auckland
                        * Singapore – Delhi
                        * Singapore – Bombay
                        * Singapore – Shanghai
                        * Singapore – Beijing

Comment

Originally posted by tonylim View Post
                          Planning a Europe trip 6-months out on the new suites. Are these the routes available?

* Singapore – New York (JFK) – Frankfurt
                          * Singapore – Hong Kong
                          * Singapore – London
                          * Singapore – Tokyo – Los Angeles
                          * Singapore – Paris
                          * Singapore – Sydney
                          * Singapore – Zurich
                          * Singapore – Auckland
                          * Singapore – Delhi
                          * Singapore – Bombay
                          * Singapore – Shanghai
                          * Singapore – Beijing
                          Singapore - Shanghai has the new suite option on one of the daily flights
                          Singapore - Los Angeles (via Tokyo) is still 77W

Comment

Working...
                          X