Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer in YYZ?

Hi guys!

As you can see in my signature, I'll be flying to YOW in a few days. I wanted to ask if any of you has ever been to YYZ and could tell me something about the airport.

My KLM 777-200ER arrives at 10.20 in the evening and my AC flight is 11:55 in the evening - I've got 1h 35min to claim my baggage, immigrate and re-check in for the AC flight ... right?

Or do you know if it is possible to check in at VIE for the whole route from VIE to AMS with KLM, from AMS to YYZ with KLM and a seperately booked flight on AC from YYZ to YOW and let my baggage go all the way through without me having to do the whole immigration and reclaiming baggage at YYZ? I am just a little panicking because it is actually my first flight alone and if anything goes wrong ... i'll have to deal with it on my own. I heard KLMs tend to be late quite often .... I even have bad feelings, thinking the KLM plane to YYZ is late and I miss my connection flight to YOW. If this happens, I hope KLM pays me the next flight .... because my flight cannot be rescheduled or cancelled - it's Tango.

Any of you can somehow calm me down?

Thanks
    Home is where your heart is.

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
    Hi guys!

As you can see in my signature, I'll be flying to YOW in a few days. I wanted to ask if any of you has ever been to YYZ and could tell me something about the airport.

My KLM 777-200ER arrives at 10.20 in the evening and my AC flight is 11:55 in the evening - I've got 1h 35min to claim my baggage, immigrate and re-check in for the AC flight ... right?

Or do you know if it is possible to check in at VIE for the whole route from VIE to AMS with KLM, from AMS to YYZ with KLM and a seperately booked flight on AC from YYZ to YOW and let my baggage go all the way through without me having to do the whole immigration and reclaiming baggage at YYZ? I am just a little panicking because it is actually my first flight alone and if anything goes wrong ... i'll have to deal with it on my own. I heard KLMs tend to be late quite often .... I even have bad feelings, thinking the KLM plane to YYZ is late and I miss my connection flight to YOW. If this happens, I hope KLM pays me the next flight .... because my flight cannot be rescheduled or cancelled - it's Tango.

Any of you can somehow calm me down?

Thanks
    Would like to be able to calm you down but you will have to clear customs and immigration at YYZ. This can take some time unless you have "Iris scan thingy". You will then have to go and check-in for your AC flight (unless you do it online before, but you will still have the baggage hassle?) KLM and AC are in different terminals (KLM in T3 and AC in T1). If you really luck out then KLM will through check your baggage to YOW but you will still have to clear it through customs at YYZ. AC will not through check baggage on itineraries that include separate tickets even if they are all AC flights! Good luck with your transfer.........
    Last edited by ; 4 September 2007, 09:43 AM.

Comment

gosh haha ... sounds a bit complicated but i hope i'll manage to get through without a hassle.

question about the iris scan thingy ... what about it? i never heard about it ....

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
        gosh haha ... sounds a bit complicated but i hope i'll manage to get through without a hassle.

question about the iris scan thingy ... what about it? i never heard about it ....
        http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel/canpass/menu-e.html

BTW, if you are hoping AC will cut you slack on your Tango fare.........forget it !

Comment

ah ok thanks, then this program does not even apply to me ... anyway somehow i hope i'll manage

Comment

Working...
          X