Airbus A300's production line is being off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus A300's production line is being off

I've received the latest news from an aviation magazine, and would like to report it to all the SQTalk members.

Is that the French manufacturer Airbus Industrie has announced after the production of so many A300s from the 1970's, the model will eventually go into history. The last production will be delivered to Federal Express, and is the type of an A300-F4-605. The machine is being tested in Toulouse on 11-7-2007.

The CEO of Federal Express was interviewed and he praised Airbus' great contribution for Federal Express and the great reputation and prestige in aviation industry.

For me, I've tried the A300 for 1 time in Korea by Korean Air, it's a domestic flight. Very nice experience, very spacious cabin if you think of the size of the aircraft.

Have you tried it before?? What about your experience then???Share it with us! OK!!

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
    I've received the latest news from an aviation magazine, and would like to report it to all the SQTalk members.

Is that the French manufacturer Airbus Industrie has announced after the production of so many A300s from the 1970's, the model will eventually go into history. The last production will be delivered to Federal Express, and is the type of an A300-F4-605. The machine is being tested in Toulouse on 11-7-2007.

The CEO of Federal Express was interviewed and he praised Airbus' great contribution for Federal Express and the great reputation and prestige in aviation industry.

For me, I've tried the A300 for 1 time in Korea by Korean Air, it's a domestic flight. Very nice experience, very spacious cabin if you think of the size of the aircraft.

Have you tried it before?? What about your experience then???Share it with us! OK!!
    Yeah, I kind of enjoyed my domestic flight on the A300 with Korean Air too. The cabin was spacious but the seats looked very dated. However, that was like maybe four years ago? Not sure whether they have updated their cabin since then. Heard KE has plans to retire its fleet of A300 soon.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I flew an A300 on a LH domestic flight. This was after a catastrophic weekend-trip to London during which no flight or flight-connection fitted as it should have. The only plane that was on time and not broken down was this A300. Very spacious seats&interior, and it truly was a "whispering giant"
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

My A300 experiences were all on TG. And as some would agree, its not very nice, feels quite dated.

But then, its the A300 that set Airbus on its way, so I guess she'll always be remembered

Comment

I can't believe they're still producing it now, thought it was long gone with the introduction of the A310

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
            I can't believe they're still producing it now, thought it was long gone with the introduction of the A310
            I also had thought production had ended a long time ago.

I did get to fly in the second A300 prototype that was sold to the Belgian charter airline TEA (RIP). Then on TG and the TG ones have indeed dated interiors.

Comment

Trying to replace an A300 with an A310 would be like trying to replace the 767 with the T7.
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

whoops, forgive my massive faux pas, I didn't read the wikipedia article too closely

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  I also had thought production had ended a long time ago.

I did get to fly in the second A300 prototype that was sold to the Belgian charter airline TEA (RIP). Then on TG and the TG ones have indeed dated interiors.
                  I think you must be not so familiar with Airbus' production.But never mind,I may tell you some details.

Actually, A300, that particular model has been produced for about 30 yrs, but of different variants. A300B, A300-B2,A300-B4 & A300-B4-600R, the oldest one is A300B, and the newest one is A300-B4-600R, that's the only A300 with winglet.
                  The A300B, A300-B2 & A300-B4 use traditional analogue flight display and use less computer automation,no FADEC,ECU etc...,where the 600Rs use CRT display and more computerized, but not fly-by-wire(invented at the time of A320). Also,600R has added the winglet which gives a better aerodynamic structure in order to save more fuel and fly faster.
                  Airbus has still delivered 6 A300s during 2007, but after that last 6, the line will completely off,as many would tends to buy the more advanced A330,it is also the model to replace the A300.
                  So, A300 will surely become you and my collective memory!!

Comment

My only A300 experience was a short jaunt round trip on TG from Singapore-Phuket in 2004. It was pretty old and dated, and I was a bit freaked from the constant smell of fuel and the flickering overhead light above my seat. The seats were also in the tooth and the o utside of the plane was a bit dirty. The only redeeming factors were the meal which had the best pasta I've had on a plane, the taro coconut cake dessert, and the very accomodating FAs!
                    Last edited by sqforever; 1 September 2007, 11:42 PM.
                    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

did SQ run these to Guangzhou? because I may have flown on one, or an A310, I can't remember well

Comment

did SQ run these to Guangzhou? because I may have flown on one, or an A310, I can't remember well
                        When was your Guangzhou flight? Cause the A300s were phased out quite sometime back. Whereas the A310s continue to serve SQ till recently years.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

2001(I only remember because I can still remember the film they were showing on the projectors!!), so it must have been an A310

Comment

Working...
                          X