X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far ahead can you book BTC?

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    As soon as you make your flight booking
    This does not seem to be true (for my Suites flights JFK-FRA-SIN-BOM). I have my flight in 3 months and BTC is not available online on SQ website. So I called an operator who said it's too early to book special meals and suggested I try later...

Comment

• Originally posted by LifeInCMH View Post
      This does not seem to be true (for my Suites flights JFK-FRA-SIN-BOM). I have my flight in 3 months and BTC is not available online on SQ website. So I called an operator who said it's too early to book special meals and suggested I try later...
      Unless that's a very recently introduced rule that's bollox. You can BTC when your flight is booked.

Comment

• Can't BTC for my flight in Nov as well....
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

My experience has all along been that online BTC selection is not available till closer to flight date but I don't remember it being that close! I thought it opened about 6 months ahead or so.

But on the other hand, is there a need to be able to make a meal selection so far ahead? I don't even have an idea of what I'd fancy eating a week ahead, much less 3 or 6 months.

Comment

• November 2015 flight BTC is open

just did my BTC for SQ26 and SQ15

Comment

• Would also appreciate some recommendation and opinion on the following dishes:

For SQ26

1) Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass in Bouillabaisse Broth
              2) Artichoke-tomato crusted loin of lamb in thyme sauce, French beans with bacon, and gratin potatoes

and for SQ15

1) Roasted Chilean bass in creamy cider vinegar sauce with roasted tomato, parsley potato, baby carrots, and asparagus
              2) Korean Galbi / Samgyetang

Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by TTOTY View Post
                November 2015 flight BTC is open

just did my BTC for SQ26 and SQ15
                Yeah. It opened up for me as well. Chose following:
                1. JFK - FRA, Lobster Thermidor (just had to have one!). If it's chewy, I hope SQ will allow mains from the on-board menu.
                2. FRA - SIN, Lamb Rendang for lunch and Prawn Wanton soup for breakfast (I don't like German food all that much, and I also don't expect much for SE Asian cooking ex-Frankfurt!). Previous experience of a Keiseki meal on LH F metal (FRA-NRT) was not good and I hope catering for SQ is from another kitchen!
                3. SIN - BOM, Kyo Keiseki (I love Japanese food) but don't eat beef/veal. I wonder if there's a way to insert additional notes within the BTC. I didn't see any place on SQ website - suggestions anyone? I could revert to Shahi Thali from the on-board menu.

Comment

Yeah. It opened up for me as well. Chose following:
                  1. JFK - FRA, Lobster Thermidor (just had to have one!). If it's chewy, I hope SQ will allow mains from the on-board menu.
                  2. FRA - SIN, Lamb Rendang for lunch and Prawn Wanton soup for breakfast (I don't like German food all that much, and I also don't expect much for SE Asian cooking ex-Frankfurt!). Previous experience of a Keiseki meal on LH F metal (FRA-NRT) was not good and I hope catering for SQ is from another kitchen!
                  3. SIN - BOM, Kyo Keiseki (I love Japanese food) but don't eat beef/veal. I wonder if there's a way to insert additional notes within the BTC. I didn't see any place on SQ website - suggestions anyone? I could revert to Shahi Thali from the on-board menu.
                  I am doing the opposite of you : SIN-FRA-JFK.. and I chose the lobster for FRA-JFK leg (hopefully it is not chewy, last 2 lobsters with them was kinda tough and chewy)

Tried the kaiseki once ex-Sin - booked it for my wife. She only managed to eat 1/3 of the things..

Comment

I am doing the opposite of you : SIN-FRA-JFK.. and I chose the lobster for FRA-JFK leg (hopefully it is not chewy, last 2 lobsters with them was kinda tough and chewy)

Tried the kaiseki once ex-Sin - booked it for my wife. She only managed to eat 1/3 of the things..
                    As in not good (kyo kaiseki)? Have you tried the Indonesian/Malay dishes? Nasi Lemak and such...

Comment

As in not good (kyo kaiseki)? Have you tried the Indonesian/Malay dishes? Nasi Lemak and such...
                      I guess it doesn't suit my wife's taste bud

I have not tried the Malay dishes but my friend who flew on SQ recently gave a thumbs up for the Nasi Lemak

Comment

• Hi all,

Has anyone tried the laksa recently?

Comment

The BTC Nasi Lemak is good and authentic. Don't bother with the onboard menu Nasi Lemak though.

Comment

• BTC-ed nasi lemak for my breakfast on the SIN-FRA sector

Need some recommendation on this:

Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass in Bouillabaisse Broth
                            An adaptation from its Marseillaise original, its broth is flavoured with saffron, white wine and a splash of Pernod. Served with slow-cooked capsicum confit and zucchini pasta.

has anyone tried it? tentatively booked this for my supper - was thinking of the 8oz ribeye though, but worried that it may be too heavy for supper

Comment

tentatively booked this for my supper - was thinking of the 8oz ribeye though, but worried that it may be too heavy for supper
                              Nah, it's dinner time in FRA

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                Nah, it's dinner time in FRA
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X