View Single Post
Old 20th April 2018, 02:39 PM   #33
Join Date: 16-Sep-2016
Location: Guangzhou
Programs: SQ*G KFEG, CX DM/OWE
Posts: 43

Originally Posted by EWR View Post
Thanks. I have tried two dozen times, if not 5 million, calling them now and then to check on availability but they wouldn't budge. New flights have been added to JNB and CPT, but the situation seems oddly the same. We are now 3+ months away from the trip. Should I call them some more, or just wait a week before the first sector? My sense is after we leave SIN, it would just be a hassle to chase anymore, and even to change flights since we will be in the middle of nowhere in Africa on some days...

CX is an option, with a bit of miles transferring. But then I have ticketed with SQ for a not as favourable return date
I understand your dilemma. I had again waitlisted for SIN-JNB vv. for late last month approximately 2 weeks prior to travel, and it did clear but only 1.5 days before the outbound departure date. I had by then (obviously) made alternate travel plans and had a confirmed ticket (on QR) and so let the award get cancelled automatically.
GR1 is offline   Reply With Quote