Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do NOT fly or travel to HKG this Friday (26/7/2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure he's not a Fortune Teller so reaction was correct at the time.

The fact muppets closed the airport was not unexpected, and whilst hugely annoying and inconvenient, it was not unsafe for travellers who kept a couple of eyes open. The situation is not as "dangerous" as made out, keep your wits about you and carry on......there is a difference between inconvenience and danger/safety.

If it was THAT dangerous, I would fly my family living there, out yesterday already. We're definitely not at that stage......yet.

Comment

i've read about an upcoming protest possibly this weekend where the protesters intend to jam up transport routes to HKIA. Does anyone know if there is a reliable website I can use to stay up to date on such protest information? Will be in HK the next few days and will be flying back to SG on Saturday...

Thanks!

Comment

SCMP keeps a page up to date with links and a bit of basic information;

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...mp-latest-news

Comment

Since this has become the "should I go to HKG" thread:

Airport Express service from Kowloon station has been closed until further notice. Identity and ticket checks will take place at Hong Kong station before boarding, after which the train will make a non stop journey to the airport.

(yflyer's latest TR reminded me of this)
          an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
            Since this has become the "should I go to HKG" thread:

Airport Express service from Kowloon station has been closed until further notice. Identity and ticket checks will take place at Hong Kong station before boarding, after which the train will make a non stop journey to the airport.

(yflyer's latest TR reminded me of this)
            Thanks, yuuka_miya, for the update. Looks like for any future trips, it may be much less convenient to stay at the W Kowloon, as the train may no longer stop at the station there. I was trying to find current status of this measure, and whether or not it was still in place, but the regular MTR and Hong Kong Airport websites all seem to state that the airport express train is operating regularly. Wonder if this was only a temporary measure.

Does anyone know if the airport express train still skips Kowloon station, or have they reopened it?
            Last edited by yflyer; 29 September 2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Appears to be an adhoc thing when the airport has enhanced security measures in place. They did it the previous two weekends, but not last weekend.

https://twitter.com/mtrupdate/status...27114419736576

Best just to assume that AEL services aren't running to Kowloon, though there's still the Tung Chung line.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

deleted
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Latest news indicates all train services including the Airport line have been suspended.

Comment

Working...
                  X