• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KF Award Table from 24/Jan 2019

Awards Prices going up....

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...a-7622b9e70923

Annoying, but in a way, expected.

However, the online 7-day availability chart should be useful.

Comment

not all bad news though.
      Those two class upgrade is really what I need.
      https://mainlymiles.com/2019/01/03/m...flyer-changes/

That 7-day availability for redemption was there 1-2 years ago, but they removed. It was only viewable when accessed via the then app, before that ability was removed. I used to use that feature a lot. glad it is back

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        Annoying, but in a way, expected.

However, the online 7-day availability chart should be useful.
        Glad they decided to make it easier to search for award availability. It has been so troublesome looking at it on a day by day basis, having to click each time and with the slow website

Comment

That waitlist part needs to be clarified in my book. So are we to assume that when T-14 is reached one can no longer waitlist for a flight at all?

Several times I had really short notice trips for which I wanted to use miles and when they cleared (not always the case of course) it usually offered decent value as last minute revenue fares can be on the high side as we know.

Unless SQ also opens up remaining availability on flights at T-14 and includes saver bucket then this is a rather unwelcome and a crappy move to me. YMMV

Comment

I've noticed that SQ kind of makes a decision on all waitlists at roughly the 14 day mark and the around 3day mark again. So I guess the 14 day mark thing is just making it official, and perhaps used for marketing a benefits amidst the devaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
              That waitlist part needs to be clarified in my book. So are we to assume that when T-14 is reached one can no longer waitlist for a flight at all?

Several times I had really short notice trips for which I wanted to use miles and when they cleared (not always the case of course) it usually offered decent value as last minute revenue fares can be on the high side as we know.

Unless SQ also opens up remaining availability on flights at T-14 and includes saver bucket then this is a rather unwelcome and a crappy move to me. YMMV
              I was wondering the same thing, and as I had to talk to SQ anyway I asked this question a few minutes ago. After some time on hold while the agent checked on this, he said that this was still under review and could not give me a definitive answer right now! That's... surprising? Not ideal? I guess we'll have to wait until they figure it out.

One would have thought that they had nailed this down before announcing the changes... I do concur that not being able to waitlist anymore in the T-14 window would be a negative change, but then again, if they do allow it, what's to stop you from re-waitlisting immediately? That would undo the whole (supposed) point of the T-14 cutoff.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                I was wondering the same thing, and as I had to talk to SQ anyway I asked this question a few minutes ago. After some time on hold while the agent checked on this, he said that this was still under review and could not give me a definitive answer right now! That's... surprising? Not ideal? I guess we'll have to wait until they figure it out.

One would have thought that they had nailed this down before announcing the changes... I do concur that not being able to waitlist anymore in the T-14 window would be a negative change, but then again, if they do allow it, what's to stop you from re-waitlisting immediately? That would undo the whole (supposed) point of the T-14 cutoff.
                A bit off topic, but here it is.

I found that the call centre recently has been very unprofessional and uninformed. Once I was told that the qualifying period will be uniformed to dec 2018, and that I will receive email about it in due course and that they received a lot of complaints regarding this change. Of course no email came and my qualifying period remains november. My worries was completely in vain.

Also on that same phone call, my elite mileage was 54000 and the agent told me to fly further 6000 to get that elite gold rewards at 60000 miles. Little did she know that it only applies to SQ flights, which mine stand at around 23000. She also sounded confident when I told her I took half of my flights with ANA “no sir, you will get your reward if you fly another 6000 miles)

Can they just stick to simpler rules like it was before. Everything were a lot simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post

I found that the call centre recently has been very unprofessional and uninformed. Once I was told that the qualifying period will be uniformed to dec 2018, and that I will receive email about it in due course and that they received a lot of complaints regarding this change. Of course no email came and my qualifying period remains november. My worries was completely in vain.

Also on that same phone call, my elite mileage was 54000 and the agent told me to fly further 6000 to get that elite gold rewards at 60000 miles. Little did she know that it only applies to SQ flights, which mine stand at around 23000. She also sounded confident when I told her I took half of my flights with ANA “no sir, you will get your reward if you fly another 6000 miles)

Can they just stick to simpler rules like it was before. Everything were a lot simpler.
                  Wait. What are elite gold rewards? You don't mean qualification do you

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                    Wait. What are elite gold rewards? You don't mean qualification do you
                    Different....... http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16283

Comment

Actually elite miles can be earned through Star Alliance or Partner Flights, only PPS$ needs to be on SQ/MI metal

Quote for SQ Website
                      "When you fly with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Virgin Atlantic^, Virgin Australia*, Vistara#, any Star Alliance airline or selected Star Alliance Connecting Partner airlines, you’ll also earn Elite miles, which are used to track you towards Elite Silver and Elite Gold status." https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...er/#Elitemiles

So your ANA flights do count in your Elite Mileage towards KrisFlyer Gold but not for PPS$ and PPS status
                      Last edited by alian; 8 January 2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                        Actually elite miles can be earned through Star Alliance or Partner Flights, only PPS$ needs to be on SQ/MI metal

Quote for SQ Website
                        "When you fly with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Virgin Atlantic^, Virgin Australia*, Vistara#, any Star Alliance airline or selected Star Alliance Connecting Partner airlines, you’ll also earn Elite miles, which are used to track you towards Elite Silver and Elite Gold status." https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...er/#Elitemiles

So your ANA flights do count in your Elite Mileage towards KrisFlyer Gold but not for PPS$ and PPS status
                        726 was referring to the Elite Gold Rewards and not the KF Gold mileage.

Comment

I found that the call centre recently has been very unprofessional and uninformed.
                          Sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience. I have had the opposite observation, which is that in the last two dozen interactions or so, I've only had one poor agent. Then again I now almost always use PPS Connect, so perhaps that makes a difference?

I am not sure I understand this sentiment. Elite Gold Rewards did not exist previously, so a return to "before" would mean eliminating them. Simpler, to be sure, but not better.

I do agree there is some unnecessary complexity, and change does bring challenges, but on balance I am happy to trade simplicity for real improvements.

Comment

I agree the call-center is somewhat quite uninformed. I had confirmed a redemption Zone 12-Zone 6 in J class (98K miles) and waitlisted for F-Saver (138K miles). This was for Feb '19 travel and the reservation was done in Oct '18.

Per the de-valued rates it would be 153K miles for F-saver.

I am PPS and usually if the F-cabin is relatively empty it gets cleared after a call with the agent and a chaser. Anyways, it kept being on waitlist. Behold the devaluation was scheduled for 1/24/19... voila on 1/24/19 I get the e-mail that the waitlist had cleared (SQ bean counters at work...)

Anyways, so I call and the agent tells me it is an additional 70K miles (?!) I was shocked. Even if they charge the de-valued rate, the difference is 55K miles. Anyways, after some push-back and debate we agreed that the reservation in J-class already existed and the waitlist for F-class was on the SAME reservation. Therefore, they honored the old rates and I just had to shell out the additional 40K miles.

I have been taking the non-stop flights from US->SIN with only J-class recently so doing F on this personal trip was appealing. I doubt I will shell out 153K miles in the future for this unless they brings Suites back to the US West Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post

I thought I'd follow up on this as I have recently been making redemption bookings again. Firstly, you can definitely still waitlist for flights on (very) short notice, as in departing tomorrow. Secondly, it may be the case that waitlisted flights within the T-14 window get confirmed quickly; this just happened to me to a T-13 flight which I'd waitlisted earlier today but I have only one observation thus far. I do have an active T-17 waitlist as well; we'll see what happens in a few days. Thirdly, if this is the case, I don't really see much difference with the old system.

I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences with this...

Comment

Working...
                              X