Booking JL domestic "oneworld Yokoso/Visit Japan" fare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking JL domestic "oneworld Yokoso/Visit Japan" fare

Just some notes for anyone else who may want to do this. (NH has something similar.)

With a flat rate of 10,000 JPY per JL domestic sector for this fare, you can save a lot, e.g. I just booked Kagoshima to Haneda for 10,000 JPY (plus taxes) oneway next weekend compared to the 28,500 JPY it would cost otherwise.

JL domestic route map

Full details here but essentially:
    • For domestic flights served by JAL, JAL Express and Japan
      TransOcean Air (so you can go to places in Okinawa for example)

• Only available to non-Japanese residents

• It must be booked prior to leaving home

• It must be booked in conjunction with return travel on a single ticket to
      Japan on oneworld (if not, there's a more expensive fare - "Welcome
      to Japan Fare" - details in the same link above)

• Up to 5 flights; 10,000 JPY/flight + 5% tax + minor airport charges

• Blackout periods apply (a period in August 2010 plus Christmas and the New Year)

Notes:
    1. Booked through JL, e.g. JL UK (tel: 0844 856 9700).

2. You need your ticket number so that they can check your flights to/from Japan, e.g. for BA, it begins 125 and you can get this from checkmytrip.com / ba.com.

3. You must e-mail them (e.g. JL UK: europe@jal.com) quoting the reference number and a scanned proof of residence - something official (e.g. tax bill, credit card statement, utility bill etc) within the last 3 months showing your address (so a copy of a passport is not acceptable as it has no address). The evidence must be received by them before you leave home.

4. In addition to the above cost, there's a £10 non-refundable service fee.

5. No date changes allowed but you can change the time of the flight on that day. There's a cancellation charge of 5,000 JPY (plus you don't get back the above £10 service fee).

6. I think you can book what you want within Japan. So, for example, I'm flying into/out of Japan via Tokyo but I've only booked the above fare for a oneway from Kyushu back to Tokyo (I'm going to Kyushu on the train).

7. Only Y of course so StarG and some others won't be able to use this!
    Last edited by jhm; 1 April 2010, 09:35 PM.

These flights are always filled to the brim
    As for the Y part, JAL's domestic fleet have a great amount of legroom though the recline is rubbish!:@

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      • Only Y of course so StarG and some others won't be able to use this!
      However, you can purchase a day of departure upgrade to F still, correct? If so, does that still garner you elite EQMs?
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        However, you can purchase a day of departure upgrade to F still, correct? If so, does that still garner you elite EQMs?
        You can pay 1000yen more to upgrade to Class J or 8000yen more to upgrade to First Class
        Last edited by soarbeyond; 2 April 2010, 03:52 PM. Reason: left out a 0!shouldn't be 100yen

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
          You can pay 100yen more to upgrade to Class J or 8000yen more to upgrade to First Class
          Cool. That said, the two flights with true F should be noted:

JL 51 NRT-KIX
          JL 53 NRT-NGO

(credit to DFP)
          HUGE AL

Comment

You can pay 100yen more to upgrade to Class J or 8000yen more to upgrade to First Class
            Does that apply to this special fare though ? If so, that would be great for EQM as the HUGE one said. (However, I'm not sure I fancy my chances trying to do this at a small (?) airport in Kagoshima next weekend!)

You must e-mail them ... a scanned proof of residence ... The evidence must be received by them before you leave home.
            And they're serious about receiving it before I leave home ... having just received a phone call from them at 8am today (a public holiday) checking to see that I am going to send them the info before my flight leaves the UK in a few hours time!

Comment

Yes i did it last year when they had a similar promo and on the ANA promo too
              I must admit that Kagoshima(i'm from there ) is a small airport but the flights to Haneda are mostly full(with japanese business people)and sometimes you might not be able to upgrade as they are very popular with them.
              For the EQm,i think you would only be able to get a certain percentage of miles due to the special promo fares

Comment

For the EQm,i think you would only be able to get a certain percentage of miles due to the special promo fares
                I think it depends on which FFP you bank in, e.g. with BA, all revenue F fares of the same distance earn exactly the same.

Kagoshima(i'm from there )
                You are lucky! I'm looking forward to visiting Kagoshima next week for probably 2 nights. Going OT ... do you have any recommended places to eat or drink ?

Comment

You are lucky! I'm looking forward to visiting Kagoshima next week for probably 2 nights. Going OT ... do you have any recommended places to eat or drink ?
                  I do however,they are all really far from the city

Comment

Does that apply to this special fare though ? If so, that would be great for EQM as the HUGE one said.
                    I do know that on NH's FFP, the accelerator EQMs are given.

And they're serious about receiving it before I leave home ... having just received a phone call from them at 8am today (a public holiday) checking to see that I am going to send them the info before my flight leaves the UK in a few hours time!
                    This is surprising as NH only cares if the purchase was made outside Japan.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

You can pay 1000yen more to upgrade to Class J or 8000yen more to upgrade to First Class
                      does NH's airpass program have this same upgrade portion available to customers as well?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        does NH's airpass program have this same upgrade portion available to customers as well?
                        Yes 7000yen to upgrade to Premium class.
                        Though it's nothing much to shout about(don't think it's worth the money) unless you get an international configured aircraft and get the international J seats.
                        However, I think that there are some aircraft fitted with new??? Premium seats as i recently travelled on their domestic configured 772 and got a different seat that's usually featured on domestic/international planes
                        Last edited by soarbeyond; 4 April 2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Yes 7000yen to upgrade to Premium class.
                          Though it's nothing much to shout about(don't think it's worth the money)...
                          It most certainly is if you are racking up miles in NH's FFP. Remember, on top of COS bonuses, all domestic flights count as double EQMs.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Flying into KIX on CX, out of KIX on LH.

Read through the T&Cs, do not think these JAL OW Airpass or ANA * Alliance Airpass would work for me?

Comment

As per above:

It must be booked in conjunction with return travel on a single ticket to Japan on oneworld (if not, there's a more expensive fare - "Welcome to Japan Fare" - details in the same link above)

Comment

Working...
                              X