SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
    SVO looks to be out of service so should leaving soon.
    It has been the last few days I noticed but this has happened with SVH and SVO before, only to come back when you least expect...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      It has been the last few days I noticed but this has happened with SVH and SVO before, only to come back when you least expect...
      Hahaha I am hopeful since it turns 12 on 6 March and we know either SVH and SVO have to be gone by end of March

Comment

• I read the SQ on board magazine of Feb. Compared to January's, it shows that the fleet number has been decreased from 107 to 103. One 773 (9v-SYK), two 333s and one unrefitted 777-200ER has left the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
          I read the SQ on board magazine of Feb. Compared to January's, it shows that the fleet number has been decreased from 107 to 103. One 773 (9v-SYK), two 333s and one unrefitted 777-200ER has left the fleet.
          How many unrefitted 777-200ER is left in SIA's fleet?

Comment

• Two unrefitted 777-200ER

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
              Two unrefitted 777-200ER
              It looks like that may now have reduced to one.

SVH has been on the ground since 29FEB. If it is going the way of SVO, that will reduce SVF to being the only unrefitted 772ER and the purple cabin club to three in total, but since they are all SQ-owned, they could be hanging around quite a bit longer.

Comment

It looks like that may now have reduced to one.

SVH has been on the ground since 29FEB. If it is going the way of SVO, that will reduce SVF to being the only unrefitted 772ER and the purple cabin club to three in total, but since they are all SQ-owned, they could be hanging around quite a bit longer.
                Agree it certainly looks that way. A bit surprised it has happened so early as it appears the lease is until June.

Interesting to see what does happen to the 777s that are owned. Not much resale value and there is a big glut in the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
                  Agree it certainly looks that way. A bit surprised it has happened so early as it appears the lease is until June.

Interesting to see what does happen to the 777s that are owned. Not much resale value and there is a big glut in the market.
                  I am sure there's market for B777BCF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                    I am sure there's market for B777BCF.
                    There's a fairly serious technical barrier to a 777BCF. The floor beams on a passenger 777 are not aluminum - they are made of composite material. Reinforcing those (probably necessary for a freighter conversion) would add to the weight and make it more complex. (On a new-build 777F, they are aluminum.)

The other thing is that Boeing really wants to sell brand-new 777Fs now to close the production gap from the 777 Classic to the 777X. So you can get a pretty good deal for a brand-new 777F as well - or if that's too much plane for you, a 767F.

If there was demand for a 777 P2F conversion, chances are we'd already have seen one.
                    Last edited by leops1984; 11 March 2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• In checking SVH to see if it had returned to the skies, I also checked what SQ are using SVF for currently. I noticed that SVF has recently performed flights to both IST and CHC which would normally be covered by refitted craft.

This prompted me to check over the refitted 772ER fleet where I discovered the cause. SVG has been completely grounded for almost 3 weeks and SVI has been out of action for close to a week. This is stretching the 772ER fleet more than it can handle to cover its regular destinations.

SVG must be owned by SQ otherwise it wouldn't have been refitted and it couldn't have been leased to B8 either (I'm assuming), so I'm wondering if it's getting an overhaul for some reason and perhaps SVI is also unexpectedly needing work. When SVF is being called in to cover for its refitted colleagues, SRM seems to be filling the gaps on the flights SVF would normally perform.

And SVH is still on the tarmac, so given this current SV* series shortage, I'm inclined to think it may have departed.
                      Last edited by SQ228; 13 March 2016, 07:41 PM. Reason: Re-checking information

Comment

• 9V-SYK departed to Victorville this morning.
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

In checking SVH to see if it had returned to the skies, I also checked what SQ are using SVF for currently. I noticed that SVF has recently performed flights to both IST and CHC which would normally be covered by refitted craft.

This prompted me to check over the refitted 772ER fleet where I discovered the cause. SVG has been completely grounded for almost 3 weeks and SVI has been out of action for close to a week. This is stretching the 772ER fleet more than it can handle to cover its regular destinations.

SVG must be owned by SQ otherwise it wouldn't have been refitted and it couldn't have been leased to B8 either (I'm assuming), so I'm wondering if it's getting an overhaul for some reason and perhaps SVI is also unexpectedly needing work. When SVF is being called in to cover for its refitted colleagues, SRM seems to be filling the gaps on the flights SVF would normally perform.

And SVH is still on the tarmac, so given this current SV* series shortage, I'm inclined to think it may have departed.
                          SVG, SVH, and SVO are all withdrawn from service. A subsequent resurrection for -- perhaps -- one of them is possible, but I wouldn't expect it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                            SVG, SVH, and SVO are all withdrawn from service. A subsequent resurrection for -- perhaps -- one of them is possible, but I wouldn't expect it.
                            Good to get a confirmation on SVH but now I'm puzzled about SVG- this is one from left field!

SVG is refitted and SVF is not, but they are withdrawing SVG with its 2 year old J product while SVF flies around with 14 year old Spacebeds- the only plane in the fleet left with that product.

There has to be more to this...

Comment

Good to get a confirmation on SVH but now I'm puzzled about SVG- this is one from left field!

SVG is refitted and SVF is not, but they are withdrawing SVG with its 2 year old J product while SVF flies around with 14 year old Spacebeds- the only plane in the fleet left with that product.

A large amount of maintenance might be required?

Comment

can't beat SRL and SRJ ! that's probably the worst in the whole fleet !

Comment

Working...
                                X