No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ868|16SEP (SIN-HKG) has been re-timed.

STD: 1955
    ETD: 0200+1
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
      I think business will be as usual tomorrow here in Hong Kong - it's T10 already and the typhoon is moving quickly.
      Schools have been suspended and buses are not operating - if you are going to Hong Kong today, you may experience major delays.

Comment

• Yes, just read about it in the separate thread on the topic! Oh dear...

Comment

• SQ468 SIN-CMB | 16SEP18 | 9V-STT took off over 3 hours late and the return flight, SQ469, left CMB just under 3 hours behind schedule.

Comment

• For SIN/HKG vv flights:
            SQ890/891 is upgraded from B772 to B773 to carry extra passengers stranded yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
              My FR24 did not show that SQ1 is cancelled.

Wonder did SQ put their plane/crew in the risk by choosing to land in HK?
              Who make the decision? The operation team or pilot? Think no one board the plane in HK?
              It showed for me, but only up to when SQ1 was active again on FR24 for the HKG-SIN leg. It ended up departing almost 20 minutes ahead of schedule before the storm got any worse. In any case, I'm glad SQ1 made it safely despite being the only active flight going thru HKG during that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                SQ is known for taking these risks. On the day of Typhoon Pakhar last year, they refused to cancel flights despite landings being near impossible at HKG. 890 and 860 made it in somehow but I was on 856 and we departed SG 4 hours late, circled an hour at HK and had to go around twice. The descent and approach was a roller coaster ride.
                I was quite annoyed they didn’t just simply retime the flight (wasted my entire Sunday reporting for the flight as scheduled when I knew there was obviously going to be a delay)!

Any insiders here know the risk tolerance for such decisions? Same thing happened to me earlier this year on SQ trying to land in KIX when the weather turned nasty and we went around twice before the pilots decided to detour to Nagoya until the weather improved. Scary as hell as it was very cloudy bouncy night flight

Comment

• SQ178|18SEP (SIN-SGN) was delayed for about 2.5 hours after the original operating aircraft (9V-SSB) came into contact with the aerobridge at gate E20 during push-back; necessitating an aircraft change to 9V-STY.

STD: 0945
                  ETD: 1145
                  ATD: 1214

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                    Any insiders here know the risk tolerance for such decisions? Same thing happened to me earlier this year on SQ trying to land in KIX when the weather turned nasty and we went around twice before the pilots decided to detour to Nagoya until the weather improved. Scary as hell as it was very cloudy bouncy night flight
                    As long as the airport remains open or even for example when HK airport remains open during a impending typhoon , it would mean that its still above or at the safe minimums of operating and it is up to the pilots to decide on whether he is confident and able to make a landing or decide to go for the alternate airfield. Believed that airlines all have their minimums protocols for their pilots to decide on the approach or take off.
                    Last edited by flyguy; 19 September 2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• SQ830 SIN-PVG | 19SEP18 | 9V-SKW diverted to Hangzhou and spent over 2 hours on the ground there. The flight eventually landed in PVG around 19:00 LT, 3.5 hours late. SQ833 is taxiing to the runway at the moment (21:05 LT), over 4 hours behind schedule.

SQ346 SIN-ZRH | 20SEP18 has been retimed to 03:30
                      Last edited by Bon; 19 September 2018, 11:33 PM. Reason: Retiming of SQ346

Comment

• SQ255 SIN-BNE | 20SEP18 has been retimed to 02:30 (original departure 00:45)

Comment

• SQ866/865 SIN-HKG-SIN | 21SEP18 | 9V-SWA Both flights departed 3 hours behind schedule.

SQ872/871 SIN-HKG-SIN | 21SEP18 | 9V-SSD SQ872 took off about 2 hours late and SQ871 took off around 2.5 hours late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                            SQ866/865 SIN-HKG-SIN | 21SEP18 | 9V-SWA Both flights departed 3 hours behind schedule.

SQ872/871 SIN-HKG-SIN | 21SEP18 | 9V-SSD SQ872 took off about 2 hours late and SQ871 took off around 2.5 hours late.
                            Usually, from FR24, SQ866 usually gets the frame from SQ1 during the Northern Summer schedule. However, the frame from SQ1 (SWG) ended up going to PVG as SQ836. I wonder if there was an issue with SWG that prompted to swap with SWA which came off SQ827 (From PVG) and this likely caused knock on effects to other flights.

Because of SQ865's very late arrival (around 1:20AM), SQ306 to LHR has also been delayed and only departed close to 3AM. At the time, SWM (From SQ11) was available could have covered that flight as it arrived with enough time on the ground.

Comment

• SQ345|21SEP (ZRH-SIN) operated by 9V-SKU diverted to BKK. Currently en-route BKK-SIN.

STA: 0555
                              ETA: 0825

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                SQ345|21SEP (ZRH-SIN) operated by 9V-SKU diverted to BKK. Currently en-route BKK-SIN.

STA: 0555
                                ETA: 0825
                                That’s interesting, I wonder what happened? 9V-SKU is already approaching SIN and actually scheduled to depart again as SQ856 to HGK at 9:55AM.

Let’s keep an eye on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X