CX A350 to Hong Kong, the Mira Moon Hotel, and a Run to Victoria Peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting back on the Y seat back.

Yes there is a very thin piece of plastic but I suspect is the soft textured type. The protrusion from my seat neighbor was profuse, if that is the weakest vocabulary to use.

Also the winged headrest wasn't very evident. Think I was the only one using it in today's 712

Comment

Originally posted by GR1 View Post
      Correct, I was seated in the CX A350 Economy on the return leg from SGN-HKG and did feel the seat to be rather disturbing at times, due to the person behind pushing/resting his knee on my seat back.
      Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
      Reporting back on the Y seat back.

Yes there is a very thin piece of plastic but I suspect is the soft textured type. The protrusion from my seat neighbor was profuse, if that is the weakest vocabulary to use.
      Thanks, GR1 and SINFJ! Looks like the lack of hard backing in the lumbar section of the seat is quite noticeable!

Also the winged headrest wasn't very evident. Think I was the only one using it in today's 712
      I didn't notice anything unusual about the headrest when I sat in the seat. I wish I examined it more closely. The design is certainly quite innovative!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        I didn't notice anything unusual about the headrest when I sat in the seat. I wish I examined it more closely. The design is certainly quite innovative!
        Yes. Rather than a fold in, it is a fold out. But the ridges are quite noticeable as the headrest is then now 3 equal pieces and instead of the one big piece and two small wings.

Comment

Hi SINFJ and yflyer

Hope you guys are well! I have been quite busy with work off late and hence not been on here very often.

Just wanted to let you guys know I managed to become a CX DM/OWE member this week, thanks to the input from both of you! Couldn't be happier with the move.

I probably won't work so hard anymore to maintain my KFEG status.

Comment

Hi SINFJ and yflyer

Hope you guys are well! I have been quite busy with work off late and hence not been on here very often.

Just wanted to let you guys know I managed to become a CX DM/OWE member this week, thanks to the input from both of you! Couldn't be happier with the move.

Hi GR1! Congrats on attaining CX DM/OWE! I was only ever OWE (Oneworld Emerald, via Qantas) very briefly, but felt quite pampered during that period. Got op-up'ed on QF, BA and CX ridiculously frequently during that period as well.

That said, as someone who is Singapore based, I almost regard KFEG (Krisflyer Elite Gold) as a basic human right as it smooths out travel on SQ and Star Alliance partners as well, with simple things like seat selection, lounge access and priority check-in. KFEG / Star Gold helped on a recent UA North America trip as well, with lounge access, and easier access to customer service in the United Club Lounge, when I needed help with a missed connection (The regular customer service lines outside the United Club were quite long). As Star Gold, I've never been upgraded on UA, since they seem to focus on their Global Services and Premier 1K pax more, but have been upgraded on LH, who seem to treat Star Gold quite well.

Comment

Love the look of the Mira Moon! Mate of mine recently stayed there and raved about it too.

We stayed at the Mojo Nomad in SheungWan this time which did the trick for a quick, spontaneous and relatively cost effective long weekend away. The location was brilliant for where we needed to be - all our favourite bars just steps away. My only issue is the amount of stairs to get to places!

I want to try the Ovolo in Central next, which is still within my SoHo/SheungWan/SYP bubble and right next to the large elevator which lessens the amount of stairs we have to hike up! (though probs for the best given the amount we ate - was afraid that we had to order extension seatbelts for the flight home haha).
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 24 June 2019, 03:58 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hi SINFJ and yflyer

Welcome to the Club. 😀

I have been seesawing between GO and SL every alternate year and even at that, the opups, the soft touchs really pulled me away from golden goose. I am sure as a DM, you are going to enjoy even more.

Hope to see you on a SIN HKG hop soon

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  Hi GR1! Congrats on attaining CX DM/OWE! I was only ever OWE (Oneworld Emerald, via Qantas) very briefly, but felt quite pampered during that period. Got op-up'ed on QF, BA and CX ridiculously frequently during that period as well.

That said, as someone who is Singapore based, I almost regard KFEG (Krisflyer Elite Gold) as a basic human right as it smooths out travel on SQ and Star Alliance partners as well, with simple things like seat selection, lounge access and priority check-in. KFEG / Star Gold helped on a recent UA North America trip as well, with lounge access, and easier access to customer service in the United Club Lounge, when I needed help with a missed connection (The regular customer service lines outside the United Club were quite long). As Star Gold, I've never been upgraded on UA, since they seem to focus on their Global Services and Premier 1K pax more, but have been upgraded on LH, who seem to treat Star Gold quite well.
                  That's great to hear, it definitely makes a difference being based out of SG.

Welcome to the Club. 😀

I have been seesawing between GO and SL every alternate year and even at that, the opups, the soft touchs really pulled me away from golden goose. I am sure as a DM, you are going to enjoy even more.

Hope to see you on a SIN HKG hop soon
                  Definitely, looking forward!

Comment

Working...
                  X