The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
    According to this press release, SQ has put aside money for cabin fitting for only 20 78Js.

Besides the 2 that got transferred to Scoot, could we see further changes to the remaining 27, especially with the concerns of Charleston's production quality?
    Lately SQ seems to like to deal with batches of either 19 or 20 aircraft when they make decisions, e.g. SWA-T, STA-S, SKA-T all come to mind. From memory I believe SMU was an add-on due to deployment changes they made as SMA-T were arriving. They may have done all the budgeting and contracts for the first 20 787 interiors but are waiting to see how they go before committing to more, possibly.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Anyone knows if the 2 787s that are grounded due to the RR engines issue, are still on the ground as have been like 2 weeks already.
      Still grounded. SCD/SCI. SCI is only 2 month old. Not sure why they choose to ground this plane

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Lately SQ seems to like to deal with batches of either 19 or 20 aircraft when they make decisions, e.g. SWA-T, STA-S, SKA-T all come to mind. From memory I believe SMU was an add-on due to deployment changes they made as SMA-T were arriving. They may have done all the budgeting and contracts for the first 20 787 interiors but are waiting to see how they go before committing to more, possibly.
        Maybe they will fit some PE seat as well to the balance 787-10.

Comment

• Wow, SQ241|28APR (SIN-SYD) is scheduled to be operated by B787-10 (9V-SCC).
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            Wow, SQ241|28APR (SIN-SYD) is scheduled to be operated by B787-10 (9V-SCC).
            Wow!! 241/242 are always operated by the 77W, so a little surprising to see it's getting the 78X. This is the first time I am hearing about a swap from a 77W to a 78X

However from Monday it should go back to its regular 77W schedule

Comment

• Makes me wonder how they're going to deal with F/PEY bookings, unless it's particularly weak for that flight.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                Makes me wonder how they're going to deal with F/PEY bookings, unless it's particularly weak for that flight.
                SQ woud have probaby offered and moved its F and PEY pax to its other 4 flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Wow!! 241/242 are always operated by the 77W, so a little surprising to see it's getting the 78X. This is the first time I am hearing about a swap from a 77W to a 78X

However from Monday it should go back to its regular 77W schedule
                  It's an operational swap made shortly before the flight. It is the first that anyone has heard of it. fr24 still had it default listed as 77W even after such time as the flight should have departed. Let's not give anyone the impression that this was in any way planned, permanent, likely or deliberate.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    Still grounded. SCD/SCI. SCI is only 2 month old. Not sure why they choose to ground this plane
                    It's new, so the two engines have almost all of their projected 650 cycles ahead of them. Both engines off SCI were stripped to return two of the others to service.

9V -SCJ has entered revenue service. 9V-SCK made a (final?) 2 hour 20 minute test flight at Charleston on the 25th. Looks like every flyable 78X will be needed come 1 May to protect the five added 78X rotations showing in the GDS...
                    Last edited by Bitterroot; 29 April 2019, 09:45 AM. Reason: Corrected the added rotation count

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                      It's new, so the two engines have almost all of their projected 650 cycles ahead of them. Both engines off SCI were stripped to return two of the others to service.

9V -SCJ has entered revenue service. 9V-SCK made a (final?) 2 hour 20 minute test flight at Charleston on the 25th. Looks like every flyable 78X will be needed come 1 May to protect the six added 78X rotations showing in the GDS...
                      SCK was schedule to arrive on 2nd May from another post. Not sure whether they have enough 787 to run the new rotations on 1st May.

Comment

SCK was schedule to arrive on 2nd May from another post. Not sure whether they have enough 787 to run the new rotations on 1st May.
                        The latest 787 production list now says SCK is for delivery 9 May. I'm also skeptical there will be sufficient frames flying to protect all rotations 100% of the time. There have been occasional substitutions of 772 and A333 aircraft on SQ 656, 672, and 876 over the last couple of weeks -- but those all took place before SCJ showed up.

Comment

The latest 787 production list now says SCK is for delivery 9 May. I'm also skeptical there will be sufficient frames flying to protect all rotations 100% of the time. There have been occasional substitutions of 772 and A333 aircraft on SQ 656, 672, and 876 over the last couple of weeks -- but those all took place before SCJ showed up.
                          SQ872/871 and SQ918/915 are temporarily operated by A333 due to the 787 grounding.

Comment

SQ876/877 to TPE is going A330 between May 1 and May 5, so that might provide relief for the 78Xs until SCK enters service.

(Earlier I stated SQ970/973 to BKK which was wrong... that flight is going 78X from A330 from May 1. My apologies.)
                            Last edited by SQ957; 30 April 2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                              SQ970/973 to BKK is going A330 between May 1 and May 5, so that might provide relief for the 78Xs until SCK enters service.
                              SQ876/877 to/from TPE are also reverting to an A333 until at least 5 May. And SQ638/637 to/from NRT have switched to a seasonal A388. So, there's two more rotations that won't require 78Xs from 1 May.

Comment

SQ876/877 to/from TPE are also reverting to an A333 until at least 5 May. And SQ638/637 to/from NRT have switched to a seasonal A388. So, there's two more rotations that won't require 78Xs from 1 May.
                                Just received an email from SQ notifying the change of AC (to 333) for my TPE flights SQ876 on 9 May and SQ877 on 13 May.

Comment

Working...
                                X