Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Ahh interesting to know

What did BNE get prior to the A330? The SQ/SR 772 series?
    I could be completely wrong here but I seem to recall that prior to the intro of the A330s on the SIN-BNE route, I think SIA only operated once a day (maybe 2 flights a day on selected days) to BNE, and that is SQ235/236. From memory that flight was operated by their B744 (and B743/74D/742 before that). Somehow I don’t seem to recall the SQ/SR 772 being put on the route. As I indicated, my memory is patchy so I could be completely wrong here...
    Last edited by wlgspotter; 9 January 2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
      I could be completely wrong here but I seem to recall that prior to the intro of the A330s on the SIN-BNE route, I think SIA only operated once a day (maybe 2 flights a day on selected days) to BNE, and that is SQ235/236. From memory that flight was operated by their B744 (and B743/74D/742 before that). Somehow I don’t seem to recall the SQ/SR 772 being put on the route. As I indicated, my memory is patchy so I could be completely wrong here...
      I remember in the mid-2000s it was served by the 772. Not sure if the 744 was used at some point though.

Comment

• I remember in 2008 going to BNE (for the first time) in a 772.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          I remember in 2008 going to BNE (for the first time) in a 772.
          Thanks @SilverChris and @FN-GM - I stand corrected on that.

Comment

• 787-10 receives certification from FAA

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-01-...Administration

Boeing announced today the 787-10 Dreamliner received an amended type certificate (ATC) from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), clearing the airplane for commercial service.

The awarding of ATC caps a successful flight test program that began in March 2017 and involved three flight test airplanes that accumulated about 900 test hours. Boeing's flight test program team took the airplanes through a series of tests to confirm the airplane's handling, systems and overall performance met internal requirements and certification standards to ensure safety of flight.

"We are pleased to have met the rigorous standards set forth by the FAA and are eager to bring the airplane to market for our valued customers," said Brad Zaback, vice president and general manager of the 787 program. "After years of design and testing, our team has proven the quality, safety and reliability of the newest member of the Dreamliner family and we look forward to seeing the airplane in service later this year."

Other aviation regulatory agencies are expected to follow the FAA's lead and certify the airplane before it enters service.

Comment

• 1st Delivery in Mar

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-march-445159/

Comment

• Nice! The pic is SCA although posters had mentioned SCB will be delivered first.

Also, took me a little while but the SC* series were used on the 744 BCF's

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Nice! The pic is SCA although posters had mentioned SCB will be delivered first.

Also, took me a little while but the SC* series were used on the 744 BCF's
                  SCB was built first but joined the official Boeing test and certification campaign. It needs some rework into customer fit and will therefore deliver second, in April. SCA will deliver first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post
                    SCB was built first but joined the official Boeing test and certification campaign. It needs some rework into customer fit and will therefore deliver second, in April. SCA will deliver first.
                    Ah! I see, no March delivery I suppose then.

Comment

/Desert Traveller

Comment

SCA should still deliver end of March, SCB April, SCC, SCD, SCE in May, SCF June, SCG August, SCH October. Then none till 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                          My bad. I thought initially the first 787-10 was supposed to be delivered in March. Anyway sorry for confusing you all.

Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post
                          SCA should still deliver end of March, SCB April, SCC, SCD, SCE in May, SCF June, SCG August, SCH October. Then none till 2019.
                          Gotcha! So only 8 frames to be delivered this year I suppose.

Comment

My bad. I thought initially the first 787-10 was supposed to be delivered in March. Anyway sorry for confusing you all.
                            Your post doesn't clarify anything. It implies that your initial understanding of a March delivery is wrong and you're apologizing for perpetuating that misinformation. Did you doubt the Flightglobal link which you apparently opened, swayed because another poster mentioned the delivery date of the second aircraft without mentioning the delivery date of the first?

If there's anyone who's still confused, it is you.

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            Gotcha! So only 8 frames to be delivered this year I suppose.
                            I suppose, until you get confused and have to apologize to us.

Comment

• 26/Mar

Seems like 26/Mar is 1st delivery now...

In a statement to ch-aviation, the carrier's Public Relations and Marketing Executive, Jessica Fabrizi, said the first -10 was now expected to be delivered on March 26.
                              https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...e-in-late-1q18

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                Seems like 26/Mar is 1st delivery now...

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...e-in-late-1q18
                                And BKK is getting an increase in A330 operations around the same time, so one could guess that the first B787 will replace a current A330 route.

Japan is the general rumour, so I am betting on KIX. NGO and FUK just don't seem like launch destinations.

Comment

Working...
                                X