Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
    They should be, since the LAX flight is using standard 359s. If it can go to LAX, it can go to YVR.

Question is filling up the plane, though temporary demand might work for now. Maybe SIN-YVR-somewhere else in the long term?
    Yeah the standard LH A359 should be able to do SIN-YVR non-stop, given that SQ operated SIN-SEA non-stop using the “standard” LH A359’s and SIN-SEA is a tad further than SIN-YVR. Also, as you’ve indicated, SQ currently operates SIN-LAX using the standard LH A359’s, which is a lot further. However, I reckon with the current load, plus cargo demand, is what is driving SQ to use the standard A359 on SIN-LAX. Remember pre-pandemic SQ was using the A359ULRs on SIN-LAX - using the standard LH A359’s may be a bit of a stretch, or it could be payload restricted especially on the west bound sector. However, again during pre-pandemic days, SQ also used the standard LH A359’s for SIN-SFO non-stop - I think this is perhaps the limit in terms of practical distance for the standard A359 ops in SQ’s configuration?

In any case, the question though, as you’ve rightly pointed out, is whether SQ can fill up the plane for SIN-YVR to warrant such a service…

Comment

• SIN-SFO I believe used the old LH configuration with 276t MTOW and 2013 Y seating.

The newer LH ones with 280t MTOW and 2017 Y could probably be used to push for LAX, that is if the change in Y seating means a lower dry weight or something in addition to the MTOW increase.
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
        SIN-SFO I believe used the old LH configuration with 276t MTOW and 2013 Y seating.

The newer LH ones with 280t MTOW and 2017 Y could probably be used to push for LAX, that is if the change in Y seating means a lower dry weight or something in addition to the MTOW increase.
        SQ32/31 used the newer LH A350 SMV onwards once they arrived in the fleet. Heard that there are no payload restriction when using these newer A350 on SQ32/31.
        Right now SQ38/37 also using these newer A350.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
          MileLion has a pretty comprehensive breakdown here.

Does this mean that SQ will add flights between Singapore and Canada? I believe it's a requirement that travellers have to fly specially-designated VTL flights.
          Wonder whether the so call new 5th freedom route will be to Canada? Maybe via Manchester ?

Comment

• doubt SQ will fly to Canada yet for some years to come

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              doubt SQ will fly to Canada yet for some years to come
              No need to doubt. SQ28 will fly direct from Sin to Canada in December

Comment

• SQ306/SQ305 (LHR) have increase frequency from 4 flight per week to 6 per week (not flying on Tuesday). So SQ is having 20 flights per week to LHR in October.

In The winter schedule, SQ306/305 will become daily basis.

Wonder whether the A380 will be back on LHR?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                  SQ306/SQ305 (LHR) have increase frequency from 4 flight per week to 6 per week (not flying on Tuesday). So SQ is having 20 flights per week to LHR in October.

In The winter schedule, SQ306/305 will become daily basis.

Wonder whether the A380 will be back on LHR?
                  The A380 will be back daily to and from London from 18th November 2021, following crew training flights to Kuala Lumpur.
                  Last edited by Not You; 19 October 2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• SQ will be operating 2x Repatriation Flights to Darwin on 02NOV and 08NOV with A359.

SQ249 SIN0740 - 1340DRW 359
                    SQ252 DRW1740 - 2030SIN 359
                    Last edited by Not You; 8 November 2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• I've just noted that today's (21st Oct) SQ281 SIN-AKL is operated by 77W 9V-SWP, according to FR24. Any ideas why is this so - SQ281/282 during the pandemic times is usually operated by an A350, so curious to know why was it "upgauged" to a 77W - was it cargo capacity requirements, or any other reason?

Anyone has any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                        I've just noted that today's (21st Oct) SQ281 SIN-AKL is operated by 77W 9V-SWP, according to FR24. Any ideas why is this so - SQ281/282 during the pandemic times is usually operated by an A350, so curious to know why was it "upgauged" to a 77W - was it cargo capacity requirements, or any other reason?

Anyone has any ideas?
                        It is a once weekly cargo flight operated by 77W till 29OCT21.

SQ281 SIN0825 - 2300AKL 77W 4
                        SQ282 AKL0115 - 0705SIN 77W 5

Also, SQ281/282 for 23NOV21 dep from SIN continues to show A359ULR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                          It is a once weekly cargo flight operated by 77W till 29OCT21.

SQ281 SIN0825 - 2300AKL 77W 4
                          SQ282 AKL0115 - 0705SIN 77W 5

Also, SQ281/282 for 23NOV21 dep from SIN continues to show A359ULR.
                          Ahh thanks for that - didn't realise SQ281/282 had a weekly cargo flight operated by 77W...

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                            SQ will be operating 2x Repatriation Flights to Darwin on 02NOV and 08NOV with A359.

SQ251 SIN0740 - 1340DRW 359
                            SQ252 DRW1740 - 2030SIN 359
                            Now expanded to five services, if it helps anyone get home!

02NOV
                            08NOV
                            09NOV
                            20NOV
                            27NOV

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                              Ahh thanks for that - didn't realise SQ281/282 had a weekly cargo flight operated by 77W...
                              Isn't 9V-SWP also a passenger aircraft too? It does fly many pax routes too, like NRT/LAX, too, so I guess the definition of 'preighter' means the plane is used for both passenger routes and also freighter purposes as applicable.

I thought 9V-SWM and 9V-SWN were purely freighter only aircraft, but I guess all could be used for that too. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• Either that or only belly cargo.
                                an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                                X