Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Like sqdazz, I concur that the AOT service is for pansies
      +1

Comment

Hi, I'm jjpb3. I'm an AOT limo pansy.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Dearie me, we seem to be veering off-topic everywhere tonight

A new thread for BKK taxis and their drivers, then?

Comment

Dearie me, we seem to be veering off-topic everywhere tonight

A new thread for BKK taxis and their drivers, then?
            Let's see if this parsing works. phaleesy, feel free to suggest an alternative title.

jjpb3

Comment

Like sqdazz, I concur that the AOT service is for pansies

Paying 950THB each way is an absolute rort in my opinion and I'd absolutely refuse / never do that.

Comment

We'll have to get everyone in for a BKK DO and plan an itinerary that'll just about force everyone into a taxi, or even worse yet a tuk tuk

I'd dearly love to see our AOT friends in a tuk tuk! LOL!

Comment

Kyo,

Forget the Tuk Tuk, how 'bout craming everyone into those small truck type things that look like super sized Tuk Tuks - I think they double as something between small buses or something, can't remember their actual name but damn they pack those things TIGHT!

Comment

Sorng-tels! (two-rows?)

Tuk tuks are heaps more fun though...

Comment

Sorng-tels! (two-rows?)

Tuk tuks are heaps more fun though...
                      Rode those at CNX. They were fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Let's see if this parsing works. phaleesy, feel free to suggest an alternative title.
                        jjpb3
                        Goodness... I have started such a trivial thread! The OP is coming across as someone who whinges about very minor things! BKK taxi drivers are really not that bad, certainly much better than those in some other countries.

I was more concerned about getting enough rest during the layover and the feasibility of getting to/from the airport in that time. Having to deal with a dodgy taxi driver was an additional something which I did not want to cope with.

I think everyone has overlooked my more important question about a night layover!
                        Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Please suggest alternative activities for a single girl in BKK and I might reconsider! Are there places where I could take pictures of bright city lights like in Shinjuku and Times Square? I know there would always be eating places but I don't know where to go!
                        Besides the usual clubbing, drinking (not interested in these!) and naughty activities, what else could one do at that time of the night? Night markets? Where to eat?

I'd dearly love to see our AOT friends in a tuk tuk! LOL!
                        What's wrong with a tuk tuk? I prefer scooters myself actually.

Hi, I'm jjpb3. I'm an AOT limo pansy.
                        The hardy pansy species...

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        And then there are those of us who utilize the hotel cars to relax after a long flight...and gain some additional points.
                        The slutty hot-house pansy species...

Comment

Goodness... I have started such a trivial thread! The OP is coming across as someone who whinges about very minor things!
                          Not at all. I think BKK cabbies deserved their own thread. They're one of the few who surpass MNL cabbies in my book. Sounds like the Greek ones are even more remarkable.
                          The slutty hot-house pansy species...
                          I await the response to this opinion. [Where's the popcorn smiley?]

Comment

They're one of the few who surpass MNL cabbies in my book.
                            They're definitely close. Miss the '90s when you could get a reputable driver in MNL with a nice car for USD$5 per day.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

I normally take a taxi from the taxi rank (can't be bothered to go up stairs to save THB50). I did the calculation and my life was worth GBP9.99 so the limos not worth it. I have to say in the last 3 months I have been back in the region and so travelling through Bangkok fairly frequently about 75% of the time the taxi from the airport does have seat belts.

But I have found taxis around town a real pain to use the meter. The last trip I did I had to argue the whole journey with the guy, even as he drove off he was complaining.

Comment

If you speak a little bit of Thai to them they usually just turn the meter on...

---

IT's spelt a little more like 'Song-Taew' or 'Songthaew' Kyo I ride those around a lot too, you dont have much choice when you get into the countryside. there are really big songtaew truck type things going between the small towns too.
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X