No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN 220, the 2nd ULR to be built and probably the 1st to be delivered.

Picture credit: https://twitter.com/thatjohn/status/965877505336008706

Comment

• SQ A359 ULR Progress Update

Msn216 (1st SQ A359 ULR) is currently in Station 40 of the Final Assembly Line (FAL). This is where the wings, tail cone, vertical tail & horizontal tail are joined to the fuselage. Engine pylons and the main landing gear are also installed here. Interior furnishings including the side walls, overhead compartments, carpets, floor surface and partitions are also installed in Station 40. We should see her emerging from from the FAL something next month. Her first flight is expected in April after which she will undergo further testing and certification before being delivered in October.

Msn220 (2nd SQ A359 ULR) is currently in Station 59 where the different parts of the aircraft are arriving at the FAL. A photo of her fuselage section has been posted by 9V-JKL. Her First Flight is scheduled in June with Delivery in August.

Comment

• Thanks, 9V-JKL and SQKevin, for the photo and description. You guys are great! Is it my eyes playing tricks on me or is the fuselage really narrow? I know the A350 is narrower than the B777, but it looks overly small. Difficult to imagine fitting in a 2-3-2 configuration here.

Comment

• Thanks 9V-JKL and SQKevin for the updates on the 359ULR. I wonder what the next reg series will be. Looking forward to more updates and pics.

Comment

• For the moment the A359ULR is looking for a Sep start-up ... and my bet is that it's back to EWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              For the moment the A359ULR is looking for a Sep start-up ... and my bet is that it's back to EWR.
              I miss that flight and the days of Exec Econ (but not the space Beds)

Comment

For the moment the A359ULR is looking for a Sep start-up ... and my bet is that it's back to EWR.
                Based on an article linked here earlier, LAX is also supposed to start in September

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
                  Yes, that was a very long time ago, EWR. Flew at the back of the plane a few times, before moving to the front. Really enjoyed the low volume of pax.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    Based on an article linked here earlier, LAX is also supposed to start in September
                    Seems like it's not carved in stone yet. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      I relish the experience of mingling with fellow passengers and cabin crew (the latter more than the former ) at the back of the ULH.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                        I relish the experience of mingling with fellow passengers and cabin crew (the latter more than the former ) at the back of the ULH.
                        It was really fun as people gathered behind eating and chatting while the SQ girl popped her head out of the galley and asked for Singapore Sling takers. The chief steward mingled and later excused himself as he made his way down to the crew bunk to sleep (he showed us the steep stairway). It really felt at home. I had shorter journeys that felt longer.

Comment

Seems like it's not carved in stone yet. We shall see.
                          Yeah I'm going to join you on backing EWR. That article had some points of logic that didn't quite add up to me and its tone seemed lacking in authority.

EWR (assuming they return there and not JFK) packs a way better punch as a headline as they would be relaunching the world's longest route with the launch of the ULH. I seem to recall UA plans to or has already launched a 787 one-stop to LAX which hardly excites to be matching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Yeah I'm going to join you on backing EWR. That article had some points of logic that didn't quite add up to me and its tone seemed lacking in authority.

EWR (assuming they return there and not JFK) packs a way better punch as a headline as they would be relaunching the world's longest route with the launch of the ULH. I seem to recall UA plans to or has already launched a 787 one-stop to LAX which hardly excites to be matching it.
                            UA37 already operates on B789 nonstop from LAX. Naughty naughty UA even borrowed SQs flight number for the route

Comment

• My bet would be on JFK rather than EWR, and with the introduction of more direct services to the US using A350-900ULR, here's my proposed network change for SQ:

Scrap SIN-ICN-LAX, replaced by Asiana Airlines codeshare
                              Scrap SIN-NRT-LAX, replaced by All Nippon Airways codeshare

Maintain SIN-FRA-JFK, B77WR to replace A380-800
                              Maintain SIN-MAN-IAH

Introduce SIN-LAX direct, using A350-900ULR
                              Introduce SIN-JFK direct, using A350-900ULR
                              Introduce SIN-ORD direct, using A350-900ULR

Relocate all SQ flights at JFK to Terminal 5, so that passengers can connect with High Quality Jetblue, replacing rogue United.

Introduce SIN-HKG-LAX, replacing SQ 868 and SQ 857, with B77WR
                              Introduce SIN-HKG-JFK, replacing SQ 872 and SQ 891, with B77WR

A350-900 will replace A380-800 on SQ856/861
                              TR978/979 and TR980/981 will be scrapped, replacing with Silkair B737 Max 8

A380-800 to replace B777-300ER on the following flights:
                              SQ211/212
                              SQ241/242
                              SQ217/218
                              SQ288

A380-800 to replace A330-300 on the follow flights:
                              SQ876/877

By establishing a scissor hub at HKG for American services, and preferably entering a JV with Hong Kong Airlines, I am sure it will allow Singapore Airlines to further tap into both America and China market., also it allows Singapore Airlines to replace Cathay Pacific to become the preferred airline for Chinese, Hong Kongers and Taiwanese for American routes.

It also reduces intra competition amongst Star Alliance carriers as well.

Thoughts and discussions welcomed.
                              Last edited by Metropolitan Airlines; 24 February 2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• believed SIN-NRT-LAX will alway remain, and for SQ to use HKG as a "hub" to US is not really viable as there are already fairly intense competion on the HKG to US routes and CX is a major player and doubt SQ will be able to wrestle much traffic from CX.

Comment

Working...
                                X