No announcement yet.

[LHR] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my 4 experiences this year, KF Gold and SQ Y boarding pass definitely gets entry into the Clubhouse.

Comment

Happily enjoyed the VS CH at NRT today with no issues with KF EG and VS Economy boarding pass.........But i did get another email from KF yesterday to 'confirm' that access will not be granted by VS.....

Comment

Just sent VS an email regarding their policy on letting in SQ J paxs into the Clubhouse in LHR (ignoring FF status)... Will post a reply when I get one... Hope to get some clarification on all this confusion.... AND because I am due to fly out on SQ 321 in J in the next 10 days and don't want to have to be stuck in the SKL...
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

The VS CH LHR lounge dragon said he could let in SQ J pax.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            The VS CH LHR lounge dragon said he could let in SQ J pax.
            Just got a reply from VS:

"Dear Pinkfloyd

Thank you for your email.

I would like to inform Clubhouse access is allowed for First Class, Business Class travellers while travelling with Singapore Airlines.

Thank you for contacting Virgin Atlantic.

Kind Regards

Suparna Roy
            Contact Centre Customer Service Team"

So yes no probs while flying J or F in SQ to access the VS Clubhouse....
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

phaleesy and I got in fine here just by asking the lounge staff and showing our SQ J BPs just now.

We just sampled some of the menu - the goat cheese and whitebait starters; and the eggs benedict and the burger. phaleesy thought the eggs benedict was dry and unpleasant. The burger was fine but nothing special. Perhaps the Chinese food in the SKL J would have been a better choice. We do like the extensive tea choice though.

Maybe we're getting old but the atmosphere (too dark; like a car park) and music got on our nerves. We've taken refuge in the relatively bright and quiet business centre. The staff are certainly much friendlier than (say) a BA LHR lounge but on the whole (and without trying any of the treatments available), we think we prefer the T5 BA CCR (which feels more spacious and classy IMVHO from our one visit there).

phaleesy will no doubt chime in later with any further thoughts.

Comment

We have to eat our words so soon!

SQ321 is delayed 90 mins and we were (very politely) told we have to go to the SKL as the VS CH is closing. The VS CH even phoned the SKL to let them know we're turning up! However, the SKL J is rammed full of pax with very few seats free and we're sat in the darkest corner. We want to go back to the nice VS CH!

Furthermore, after taking some photos, phaleesy thinks the VS CH in the photos really looks very photogenic even though the initial feel when we sat there wasn't so. And the staff really are very friendly.

We're still not impressed with the VS CH food though.

(The SKL staff said that SQ321 has had hydraulic problems which they've been trying to fix now for 5 hours. They'll decide in about half an hour whether to fly or not this evening.)

Comment

Have to agree with jhm's thoughts on the VS CH.

1. Catering - the menu is quite impressive but the food I got was not so. This will become more apparent when I post the pictures soon.
                  2. Service - very good, especially in the Brasserie.
                  3. Atmosphere - I managed to tune out the music out of my head so that wasn't as much of a problem for me. The lounge overall is very photogenic, I must say.
                  4. Etc - the 10 minute neck/shoulder massage was great, the Office was good to work in, the ability to check your coat and bags was a nice touch, and unfortunately the Garden (for a bit of planespotting ) was sadly closed due to some inconsiderate smokers.

By far the best lounge in T3 LHR, I'm sure - but I think the food let it down for me.

Comment

From my (perhaps) last visit to the VSCH

Comment

Working...
                    X