No announcement yet.

14 A380s to be refurbished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw an article saying that 3 of SQ's A380's were not owned by SQ. I thought so far that SQ was owning all its aircrafts. It seems they don't. Is Airbus owning the some of SQ's A380's?

Comment

The don't own any of the A380s or A330s.

The first 5 A380s are owned by Doric group. The others are owned by someone else.

They have also returned a Boeing 747-400F that was on lease

Some of the A350s are leased from Aercap.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post

The first 5 A380s are owned by Doric group. The others are owned by someone else.

They have also returned a Boeing 747-400F that was on lease

Some of the A350s are leased from Aercap.
        I see. I think at least 5 A380's will be returned to Airbus. I suppose that Airbus might own some of them but returning doesn't necessarily mean that Airbus owns them. Maybe just returning them for refurbishments and big works.

Comment

Originally posted by r123 View Post
          I see. I think at least 5 A380's will be returned to Airbus. I suppose that Airbus might own some of them but returning doesn't necessarily mean that Airbus owns them. Maybe just returning them for refurbishments and big works.
          Airbus doesn't own them. Hannover Leasing owns the first 5.

Comment

Airbus doesn't own them. Hannover Leasing owns the first 5.
            Isn't Dr Peters who owns these 5 A380s?

Comment

yes Dr Peters group owns the first 5 of SIA's A380s.

Comment

The most accurate info on this is from the company's annual report. As at 31 March, SQ leased in all of the A330s, 9 A380s (including the 5 that are being returned now) and 3 B777-300ERs. All other aircraft (excluding subsidiary airlines like MI and TR) are owned. As of now, SQ owns all of its A350s. That doesn't mean it won't enter into a sale and leaseback program at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  yes Dr Peters group owns the first 5 of SIA's A380s.
                  Sorry about that, you are correct

Comment

Singapore Airlines: new first class, business class launch Nov 2

Mark your calendars; November 2, 2017!

Singapore Airlines will reveal its all-new Airbus 380 first class suites and business class seats on November 2, ahead of the delivery of the first of five new superjumbos to join the fleet.
                    https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...s-launch-nov-2
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      Mark your calendars; November 2, 2017!

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...s-launch-nov-2
                      Awesome, thanks 9V-SPL. We knew that it would not be 2018 that the new A380s would be delivered, given a poster indicated SKU and SKV seem ready. Judging by the pics, it would be October or latest November for delivery. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the A380 new seats. Again, like someone said Y class seems to be ignored, I wonder how will the Y seats look like...Similar to the 77WN/77WR or something new?

And I'm sure the Premium Economy seats will be similar to the 77WR and current A380. If not, just let us know. Hey, what do you know, even though it's 1 month (or less) late, at least it's something we look forward to hearing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Awesome, thanks 9V-SPL. We knew that it would not be 2018 that the new A380s would be delivered, given a poster indicated SKU and SKV seem ready. Judging by the pics, it would be October or latest November for delivery. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the A380 new seats. Again, like someone said Y class seems to be ignored, I wonder how will the Y seats look like...Similar to the 77WN/77WR or something new?

And I'm sure the Premium Economy seats will be similar to the 77WR and current A380. If not, just let us know. Hey, what do you know, even though it's 1 month (or less) late, at least it's something we look forward to hearing this year.
                        I'm assuming that the launch of the new seats would come days before they take delivery of their first refurbished A380. So it probably isn't October..

Comment

I hope the refurbished A380s will be able to carry more passengers and be able to deploy to SQ221/232 before December holidays.

This route is always full and sadly SQ is not deploying SQ261/262 to SYD this year which makes Christmas tickets could sold out early.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            I hope the refurbished A380s will be able to carry more passengers and be able to deploy to SQ221/232 before December holidays.

This route is always full and sadly SQ is not deploying SQ261/262 to SYD this year which makes Christmas tickets could sold out early.
                            Book out of BNE instead and then just get a domestic flight up to there. With the difference minus the domestic flight I still saved $500. Possibly CBR is offering good prices too but CBR flight days are completely mismatched with DUS, so wasn't an option for me. I booked MEL-BNE with VA, so even more miles!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Book out of BNE instead and then just get a domestic flight up to there. With the difference minus the domestic flight I still saved $500. Possibly CBR is offering good prices too but CBR flight days are completely mismatched with DUS, so wasn't an option for me. I booked MEL-BNE with VA, so even more miles!
                              But with BNE switching to A359, it is also another cut to capacity as well.

CBR is a good option and with a 3 hour $39 bus ride to Canberra from Central it might worth it.

Just a question, I think if you book VA and SQ separately, they won't check you luggage thru, or do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                                But with BNE switching to A359, it is also another cut to capacity as well.

CBR is a good option and with a 3 hour $39 bus ride to Canberra from Central it might worth it.

Just a question, I think if you book VA and SQ separately, they won't check you luggage thru, or do they?
                                I wouldn't expect it though as they are two separate terminals and I'd rather see the luggage end up in SQ's hands, but I'm planning to do a stopover anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X