Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    There’s an SQ8845 scheduled to leave Changi for HKG @2030hrs tonight. flight to be operated by A320 (MI craft?)
    Anyone knows what this flight is for? Repatriation? Odd...there’s SQ872/871 also operating, that should provide enough seats.
    Airbus A350 LH operating

Comment

• SQ318|26MAR (SIN-LHR) will be operated by 9V-SKP today, having been upsized from the usual B77W to A380 to aid in repatriation of Singaporeans still in UK. This arrangement will likely carry on on 27MAR.

On a sidenote, SIA has/will be operating the following cargo only flights:
      SQ970 (SIN-BKK) operated by 9V-SCB
      SQ802 (SIN-PEK) operated by 9V-SWQ (return flight SQ807 will carry passengers)
      SQ176 (SIN-HAN) operated by 9V-SHN (return flight SQ175 will carry passengers)
      SQ872 (SIN-HKG) operated by 9V-SCO
      SQ982 (SIN-BKK) operated by 9V-SCB
      Last edited by Not You; 28 March 2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...6+12%3A09%3A34

There will be a major announcement by SQ today...
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Sam Chui has published an article on worldwide fleet grounding, including some photos from current situation at Changi.

https://samchui.com/2020/03/26/covid.../#.XnwsWIgzZpk

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...6+12%3A09%3A34

There will be a major announcement by SQ today...
            Not sure if it would be today. But listening to the budget speech by DPM Heng, it will involve Temasek.

Comment

• Yes, Temasek will come to the rescue of SIA and as a single largest shareholder of SIA too.

Comment

• 15 Billion dollars for SIA

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...box=1585242446

Comment

• Btw is there a reason for the 78X being the aircraft choice for cargo?
                  Or only because the flights were already scheduled to be operated with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    Btw is there a reason for the 78X being the aircraft choice for cargo?
                    Or only because the flights were already scheduled to be operated with them.
                    Could be that the 78X has more cargo capacity compared to the A359?

According to Wiki:
                    78X: 40 LD3 or 13 pallets (191.4 m3)
                    A359: 36 LD3 or 11 pallets
                    772: 150.9 m3
                    773/77W: 201.6 m3
                    A333: 158.4 m3

Comment

• Wow, just heard back about my refund! Due to sudden border closures, my flight last week was cancelled the day before I was due to fly. SQ called me and said that the last flight out was only a couple hours away but they couldn't transfer my current flight as it was already handed over to the airport. However, they told me to book a new flight with them and they would immediately refund the cancelled flight. No problem, so I thought. I didn't receive the immediate refund and followed it up. Now they called and said it will take 4 months! Say what?! Just a warning to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
                        Wow, just heard back about my refund! Due to sudden border closures, my flight last week was cancelled the day before I was due to fly. SQ called me and said that the last flight out was only a couple hours away but they couldn't transfer my current flight as it was already handed over to the airport. However, they told me to book a new flight with them and they would immediately refund the cancelled flight. No problem, so I thought. I didn't receive the immediate refund and followed it up. Now they called and said it will take 4 months! Say what?! Just a warning to others.
                        I think it’s a blessing that there’s still a refund?

If SIA collapsed (touchwood), 4 months is probably nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                          I think it’s a blessing that there’s still a refund?

If SIA collapsed (touchwood), 4 months is probably nothing.
                          If SIA collapsed, that means Singapore Inc has collapsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                            If SIA collapsed, that means Singapore Inc has collapsed.
                            Yep hence 4 months is nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                              Yep hence 4 months is nothing?
                              It sure is nothing, only if it is even remotely possible that SQ collapses.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                                It sure is nothing, only if it is even remotely possible that SQ collapses.
                                Well, I guess we will probably never know?

Comment

Working...
                                X