• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    which config?
    1 SQ 172 D SIN 2 SGN 2 0950 1055 0 13JAN11--- 772 2:05
    2 SQ 186 D SIN 2 SGN 2 1740 1845 0 13JAN11--- 772 2:05

Seems to be 2 classes, J/Y - regional product in both cabins.

Kyo, yes, I think they meant 72A. But 72A should be ER so, no sure exactly...
    Last edited by NOUSQ; 3 March 2011, 10:04 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

IST - (B772) = Regional F, Regional C, Y

ATH
      – (B772ER) = Spacebed C, Y

DME – (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

FCO – (B772ER) = Spacebed C, Y

MXP – (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

BCN – (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

FRA
      SQ26/25 (B744) = Skysuites F, Spacebed C, Y

SQ326/325 (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

MUC – (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

AMS – B772ER = Spacebed C, Y

ZRH(A380) = Suites, New C, New Y

CPH – (B772ER) = Spacebed C, Y

LHR
      SQ322/321/318/317 (A380) = Suites, New C, New Y

SQ308/319 (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

MAN
      (B77W) = New F, New C, New Y

CDG – (A380) = Suites, New C, New Y
      Hello all - I am new to SQtalk and this my first post so I hope this question has not been canvassed elsewhere.

I plan to fly PER-IST in May using a Business Saver redemption but I am not keen to fly the SIN-IST leg in the the old regional recliner seats. I checked the relevant flight (SQ490) on the Flight24.com site and it shows that the flight is operated by the same Spacebed-equipped 777-200ER aircraft that also fly SIN-AMS, SIN-ATH, SIN-FCO etc (ie the SV series). This is also shown on the Wikipedia SIA fleet page.

I rang Singapore Airlines bookings to confirm this but was told that the flight offered J recliner seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. The agent also said that F seats were available so I asked him to try to make an F booking and he seemed a bit put out when he found that no seats were showing on his system.

I have always assumed that 777-200ER aircraft were assigned to this route when direct SIN-IST flight were introduced last year but now I don't know.

Can anyone confirm the current status of this?

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk MRW

Wikipedia is the last place you should look at for update seating

This is THE place for look for correct information.

Comment

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk MRW

Wikipedia is the last place you should look at for update seating

9V-JKL - thank you so much for providing this guide. It actually was my starting point for this question re SQ490, however I began to wonder when I dicovered that there is no F class on this flight and I also wasn't sure that a
            B772 had the range to fly SIN-IST non stop. As a result I looked at the record on Flight24.com of aircraft that have recently operated this route
            (http://data.flight24.com/flights/sq490/) and it suggests that the aircraft have all been the SV series (ie B772ER) that also operate to other European destinations (eg http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/9v-svj/). In addition I was also able to find recent photos of some these aircraft on Airliners.net that showed them in Istanbul as well as Rome, Copenhagen and Amsterdam etc (eg http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...gsearch=9V-SVM). What does it all mean?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am not too excited by the prospect of a long night in a B772 and I may even consider flying via FCO or ATH in order to get a more comfortable flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRW View Post
              As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am not too excited by the prospect of a long night in a B772 and I may even consider flying via FCO or ATH in order to get a more comfortable flight.
              If it's operated by SV birds - it's definitely spacebeds. And 9V-JKL is right - this is THE place on the net, bar none, if you want to know about SQ seats

Comment

• Newbie here! I am on the verge of booking myself a short solo break to Singapore (from the UK) and needless to say I will be using Singapore Airlines. For what it's worth, I want to fly on the A380, so I will not book a flight if it is not an A380 service.

Now, here's where you can help me.

Am I right in thinking that of the 6 planes in service between LHR - SIN, SQ17/18/21/22 are A380 planes?

The last flight leaving SIN to LHR is 23.30. Is this the busiest service on SQ? I would like to think that the plane might not be full on at least one of my journeys, so which is my best flight option?

Only ever flown on VA before, so it is nice to think I will be leaving the Jurassic period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clackers View Post
                  Newbie here! I am on the verge of booking myself a short solo break to Singapore (from the UK) and needless to say I will be using Singapore Airlines. For what it's worth, I want to fly on the A380, so I will not book a flight if it is not an A380 service.

Now, here's where you can help me.

Am I right in thinking that of the 6 planes in service between LHR - SIN, SQ17/18/21/22 are A380 planes?

The last flight leaving SIN to LHR is 23.30. Is this the busiest service on SQ? I would like to think that the plane might not be full on at least one of my journeys, so which is my best flight option?

Only ever flown on VA before, so it is nice to think I will be leaving the Jurassic period.
                  Presuming you mean SQ317/18/21/22, yes, they are A380. From my experience, the one leaving SIN at 2330 is always full. The 1130 A380 is usually a bit emptier, but I can't say your flight will be empty

Comment

• SQ 865/866 will still retain as B72A beyond 01 May 2011, no more 77W upgrade

Comment

• Originally posted by itami View Post
                      SQ 865/866 will still retain as B72A beyond 01 May 2011, no more 77W upgrade
                      My 866/865 is now a Spacebed SV bird for Nov. When is the start date?

Hopefully I'll get SVK to complete my list of flown SV birds

Comment

• Updated to this post: http://airlineroute.net/2011/04/11/sq-akltpenrt-s11/

Singapore – Auckland SQ285/286 16APR11 – 30JUN11 Boeing 777-300 replace -300ER (previously planned to operate until 29OCT11)
                        Singapore – Taipei SQ880/881 eff 13JUN11 Day x126 replace Day x246
                        Singapore – Tokyo Haneda
                        SQ636/635 08MAY11 – 30JUN11 Boeing 777-200 replace A330-300 upon service resumption
                        SQ634/633 eff 01JUL11 Re-configured Boeing 777-300 replace Airbus A330-300
                        Singapore – Tokyo Narita SQ638/637
                        17APR11 – 30JUN11 Airbus A330-300 replace A380, except 28APR11 departure
                        01JUL11 – 29OCT11 Boeing 777-300ER replace A380
                        jimyvr, what 772 config will HND have? re-configured?

Comment

• hi all, just wondering if the the IST leg 777-200 fitted with new economy class products?

Comment

• I saw the SQ bird in IST last week (was flying TK C though) and thought it was an SV bird meaning a 772ER leading me to the conclusion that it has SpaceBeds in C and 'old' Y. IIRC Y on the 772ERs is actually the best one you can get 'space' wise as it should have 34" seat pitch versus the usual 32" on other SQ aircraft. IFE would be Avod, but the older Wiseman (3000?) version and smaller screens.

But then I wouldn't swear on it being a 772ER as the champagne was still weighing heavy on my clear vision
                            Last edited by demue; 14 April 2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Singapore – Tokyo Haneda
                              SQ636/635 08MAY11 – 30JUN11 Boeing 777-200 replace A330-300 upon service resumption

All I can say is that I'm booked late in Oct on SQ636 and it shows again as an A330 by then.

Comment

• Another data point.

I was on SQ973 BKK-SIN last weekend and it was a 3-class 772 with regional product and F was cordoned off as expected. However, surprised me to see a 3-class bird on this route. Guess some swap or so as 3-class would normally go to CGK or MNL (for a while still) and so forth.

Comment

Working...
                                X