The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
    I can attest to this. The detachable adapters seem to be introduced sometime in the middle of their 70th anniversary campaign
    It was somewhere between the 13 Jul & 04 Aug

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
      You just got to play a bit and not insert the plug fully. It works pretty fine with sound on both ears.
      Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      It does. Not the case with my regular JVC headphones which work for my computer and iPhone in both ears but 1 ear on the entertainment system. I don't think they were as bad as i imagined. No complaints from my dad on his 359 in Sep/Oct on the headphones.
      If you insert a normal 3.5mm stereo miniplug into one side of a 2-prong airline headphone socket, you will only get one channel of signal.

You may hear it out of both sides L and R if you insert the plug partially, but what you are hearing is not stereo -- it is a mono signal played through both sides if your headphones. Better than hearing out of one side, but not the same as stereo sound.

If you want stereo, you will need to get hold of an airline headphone adapter.

As mentioned by others, SQ now provides adapters with their earbuds.

Comment

• Regarding the new economy class, why didn't they make a bigger IFE screen? There is quite some room on the sides, and I think people would appreciate it. Also, after seeing the new Emirates' economy class it would've been nice if SQ had made nicer lavatories in Y just to make it a little more fancy and to create some additional publicity.
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
          Regarding the new economy class, why didn't they make a bigger IFE screen? There is quite some room on the sides, and I think people would appreciate it. Also, after seeing the new Emirates' economy class it would've been nice if SQ had made nicer lavatories in Y just to make it a little more fancy and to create some additional publicity.
          I found EK's new Y quite classy. 13.3" screens, light pastels and gray. The USB port and ear phone plugs are cleverly hidden on the lower edge of the TV. In SQ's case, that space is taken up by the personal light underneath the TV, which I heard from SQ is patented and no airline is going to be able to install that

Comment

In SQ's case, that space is taken up by the personal light underneath the TV, which I heard from SQ is patented and no airline is going to be able to install that
            I've always thought that it's an ingenious idea, great to know that SQ patented it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
              I've always thought that it's an ingenious idea, great to know that SQ patented it.
              Yes I think it's patented. (Read it ages ago when 2006 Y was rolled out but I can't tell you the exact source now)

However, I don't think a lot of people (non aviation enthusiasts) used it, or even noticed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                Thanks for the advice!

I honestly don't understand why they can't just make a one-pin plug instead then. Is it much more expensive?!

I understand that in the past part of the reason they did this is to prevent passengers from removing the headsets. However, now given that SQ doesn't even give out headsets in Y-class, why don't they revert it to the normal plugs.
                I was advised by an acquaintance that the headphone plugs for the new birds can accept both single & double plugs.

Comment

• Saw this on AUSBT. Seems like they had considered doors for the new JCL too. The comments at the bottom are rather interesting..

https://www.ausbt.com.au/designing-s...ss-class-seats

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Other than SYD and LHR, there is no information or rumours going around yet.

I think it extremely unlikely (basically not a hope) that MEL will see a new or refitted A380 any time in 2018.
                    Thanks

Then I shall just keep myself on the A359

Comment

• Australian Business Traveller has posted some photos of the actual cabin (all classes) on one of the new A380s (specifically the second new delivery scheduled for early 2018) on their Facebook page. Presumably the photos will appear as part of an article in an email digest to subscribers in the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADL_SQ View Post
                        Australian Business Traveller has posted some photos of the actual cabin (all classes) on one of the new A380s (specifically the second new delivery scheduled for early 2018) on their Facebook page. Presumably the photos will appear as part of an article in an email digest to subscribers in the next few days.
                        From the pictures of the cabin installations on 9V-SKV, it seems the 'dust cover' bears the word SKYROOM. Is that what they will be called? Skyroom rather than Suites?
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• It's odd, I picked this up a while back at the launch and I was mystified that this snappy and aptly-descriptive marketing moniker – which SQ went to the trouble to have emblazoned on the seat covers for fitout – seems to have not appeared in any SQ publicity. I quite like the 'Skyroom' tag even though it always makes me think of an Adele song!

Comment

Saw this on AUSBT. Seems like they had considered doors for the new JCL too. The comments at the bottom are rather interesting..

https://www.ausbt.com.au/designing-s...ss-class-seats
                            Check out this video. It clearly shows that they considered doors for the new business class seat (starts at 0:09).

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...nd-sell-planes

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CrpWOY8bKE

Sam Chui was aboard the delivery flight of 9V-SKU and posted a pretty informative video about the products. Enjoy!

Comment

• I'm curious to know about the new economy class seats, has anyone tried them out on a real flight yet?
                                Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                                X