Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNL Airport Guide

Hi all,

Anyone has any info on MNL? Arrivals/Departures/Transit?

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone has any info on MNL? Arrivals/Departures/Transit?
    What would you like to know? I'll write up one tonight if you need

Comment

Thanks SQFG!

Actually, want to know about a transit experience in MNL

Does one need to go through immigration/customs, and the issue of departure tax.. Is departure tax applicable on transit pax?

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      What would you like to know? I'll write up one tonight if you need

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
        Thanks SQFG!

Actually, want to know about a transit experience in MNL

Does one need to go through immigration/customs, and the issue of departure tax.. Is departure tax applicable on transit pax?

No departure tax is not applicable to transit pax as long as you don't go landside. If you have your onward BP handy, just go near the transfer counters and take the elevator or stairs up to go from the arrivals concourse to the departures concourse. If not, go to the transfer counters. Note: the signage is obscure.

Comment

If you are continuing on to a domestic location, you will probably have to go to another terminal.....which is a mess.

Comment

For those who book their tickets online for a flight out of MNL, we know a travel tax is not priced-in to the ticket. Do passengers actually pay for this at the terminal? Where is the location of the counter for T1 and can a passenger opt to pay the USD equivalent?

Comment

International depature tax is 750 pesos, you may the equivalent in US dollars also. In T1 you pay after check-in, just before security if memory serves right. The main security I mean, there's also security just to enter the terminal building.

Oh, and remember to join the correct security line after you've paid the tax, I joined the female line first time around.

After a nice, relaxing Philippine holiday there's nothing like the craziness of NAIA to remind you the vacation is over

Comment

Actually I live there but I'm talking about a travel tax which I never had to pay on-the-spot because my ticket was booked at a travel agency in the country and the tax was collected there. I know in addition to the PhP750 (~SGD23.45), there also is a PhP1,620 (~SGD50.60) travel tax for those who booked their ticket outside the Philippines and on an internet website.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                  Actually I live there but I'm talking about a travel tax which I never had to pay on-the-spot because my ticket was booked at a travel agency in the country and the tax was collected there. I know in addition to the PhP750 (~SGD23.45), there also is a PhP1,620 (~SGD50.60) travel tax for those who booked their ticket outside the Philippines and on an internet website.
                  I've always booked my flights (on SQ and CX) to and from MNL online and have never paid a travel tax at the airport. I've only ever had to pay separately the departure tax that view referred to. Which airline / booking engine are you using?

In any case, judging from the exchange rate used when I've traveled, it's much better to pay in Pesos.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

^^

I think most non-Philippine citizens and residents need not pay. I used SIA's website.

Comment

I wasn't aware of this extra tax, I've not been charged that either. My tickets have been booked online from Europe, I only paid the 750 depature tax.

Comment

It depends, if you don't reside in the Philippines, you don't have to pay.

Comment

Does SQ have a special counter in MNL for passengers who checked-in online?
                          Last edited by hybridace101; 27 March 2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Sorry to bring up this topic again. I will go to Manila next month for business trip with SQ. I heard that SQ depart from the old terminal at this airport. As this is my first time visit the country, would like to know how early I should come to the airport for SQ flight? I heard the immigration and security procedure takes a lot of time and there is always a long queue. How many security screening at this airport?
                            Thanks,
                            Wee Keong

Comment

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
                              Sorry to bring up this topic again. I will go to Manila next month for business trip with SQ. I heard that SQ depart from the old terminal at this airport. As this is my first time visit the country, would like to know how early I should come to the airport for SQ flight? I heard the immigration and security procedure takes a lot of time and there is always a long queue. How many security screening at this airport?
                              Thanks,
                              Wee Keong
                              SQ Departs from the current "old" terminal. Queues are a bit longer for SQ915. For 917, 919, and 921 not so bad.

You get checked to enter the terminal, once at the entrance where you need to show your passport and ticket. Once again before check-in (metal detector and xray). You then get screened again right after immigration. After that, to go to the "wing" where your flight departs from you need to show your BP.

Comment

Working...
                              X