Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ drops SIN-ICN-LAX, starts SIN-LAX at 10x weekly and boosts SIN-SFO to 10x weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ drops SIN-ICN-LAX, starts SIN-LAX at 10x weekly and boosts SIN-SFO to 10x weekly

As the title says, SQ has officially introduce a SIN-LAX schedule at 10x weekly with the following times.
    SQ38: SIN-LAX (3x a week from Nov 2, to increase to daily from Nov 9)
    Takes off at 2045hrs from SIN and lands in LAX at 1955hrs on the same day

SQ37: LAX-SIN (3x a week from Nov 2, to increase to daily from Nov 9)
    Takes off at 2225hrs from LAX and lands in SIN at 0815hrs 2 days later

SQ36: SIN-LAX (3x a week from Dec 7)
    Takes off at 0820hrs from SIN and lands at 0730hrs at LAX on the same day

SQ35: LAX-SIN (3x a week from Dec 7)
    Takes off at 0915hrs from LAX and lands in SIN at 1905hrs the next day

SQ has also introduced three new weekly flights on the SIN-SFO route to be flown with the A359 ULR, the schedule which isn’t known yet. Lastly, SIN-ICN-LAX is to be dropped from Nov 30, to be replaced by a 4x weekly SIN-ICN terminator flight starting on Dec 1 while SIN-NRT-LAX remains.

Thoughts on this? Was expecting a new third US destination but SQ is clearly confident on its SFO and LAX operations. Risky considering UA’s recent exit from LAX-SIN and boosting its own SFO-SIN flights to 2x daily on UA metal? Will 31 weekly flights on SIN-SFO be overkill? Lastly, sad to see ICN go as a point on a fifth freedom route to the US although SIN-NRT-LAX was always going to be the route that remained when choosing between ICN and NRT for a stopover point for the SIN-LAX flights...

Source: https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...to-los-angeles

Comment

It is indeed sad that the fifth-freedom ICN -US route is being axed. My other thought was great choices for timings but LAX will have 359ULR in addition to their 77WR so difficult on people who do fly Y class. They could have easily reverted SQ12/11 back to the A380 but based on a post in the forum it's the yields that they had switched to a 77WR.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        It is indeed sad that the fifth-freedom ICN -US route is being axed. My other thought was great choices for timings but LAX will have 359ULR in addition to their 77WR so difficult on people who do fly Y class. They could have easily reverted SQ12/11 back to the A380 but based on a post in the forum it's the yields that they had switched to a 77WR.
        I personally think it is a case of “watch this space” re SQ12/11, as SQ haven’t officially released any details about it, or any (possible) changes to it. For a start, the current 77W aircraft on the LAX run do the following - SIN-ICN-LAX-NRT-SIN and SIN-NRT-LAX-ICN-SIN, therefore the SQ12 aircraft turns around at LAX as SQ7, and SQ8 turns around as SQ11. With SQ8/7 dropped, it means the 77WR is going to stay on the ground in LAX for a long time. I’m guessing maybe SQ would revise the schedules (timings) and maybe even equipment on SQ12/11...

Anyway Routssonline did mention changes to SQ12/11 remain possible so I guess we will wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
          I personally think it is a case of “watch this space” re SQ12/11, as SQ haven’t officially released any details about it, or any (possible) changes to it. For a start, the current 77W aircraft on the LAX run do the following - SIN-ICN-LAX-NRT-SIN and SIN-NRT-LAX-ICN-SIN, therefore the SQ12 aircraft turns around at LAX as SQ7, and SQ8 turns around as SQ11. With SQ8/7 dropped, it means the 77WR is going to stay on the ground in LAX for a long time. I’m guessing maybe SQ would revise the schedules (timings) and maybe even equipment on SQ12/11...

Anyway Routssonline did mention changes to SQ12/11 remain possible so I guess we will wait and see...
          I'm not sure what you mean by the 77WR going to stay on the ground for a very long time. I highly doubt that will happen. The schedules already mention that SQ11 is going back to the departure it had back at the time it was an A380.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I'm not sure what you mean by the 77WR going to stay on the ground for a very long time. I highly doubt that will happen. The schedules already mention that SQ11 is going back to the departure it had back at the time it was an A380.
            OK I stand corrected of the timings on SQ12/11 as it appears that SQ have rejigged the flight timings for SQ12/11 come Nov/Dec, such that the aircraft will remain in LAX between 11:30 and 15:15 hours, which is similar timings to what SQ12/11 used to be before SQ introduced the SQ8/7 SIN-ICN-LAX vv flights some years back. Schedules also show the operating aircraft as 77W, however, I quote this statement from Airlineroute (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-changes/) as follow:

"SIA will continue to operate 1 daily Singapore – Tokyo Narita – Los Angeles service with 777-300ER, however further changes from 01DEC18 is likely."

The further changes could still indicate a chance of aircraft type and / or schedule, so I still think a "watch this space" thinking in relevant in this situation...

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post

SQ11/12 has been retimed..

SIN NRT 0920-1705
              NRT LAX 1830-1130

LAX NRT 1515-2000
              NRT SIN 2055-0335

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                SQ11/12 has been retimed..

SIN NRT 0920-1705
                NRT LAX 1830-1130

LAX NRT 1515-2000
                NRT SIN 2055-0335
                Yeah I noted that thanks, see my post just above yours...

LOL I think we must be typing the same post at the same time and perhaps I just beat you to hitting the submit button!

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chiraagnt View Post
                  SQ has also introduced three new weekly flights on the SIN-SFO route to be flown with the A359 ULR, the schedule which isn’t known yet.

Comment

Just got this email! So no more lax icn flights?

Samuel Taylor Coleridge France: An Ode

Comment

Originally posted by mekmike View Post
                      Just got this email! So no more lax icn flights?
                      No more.
                      Last SIN-ICN-LAX departure is on November 30.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                        No more.
                        Last SIN-ICN-LAX departure is on November 30.
                        wonder what happen for those book on ICN-LAX or LAX-ICN flight
                        visit my blog

Comment

What happens to Singapore's 5th freedom rights out of ICN? Are they "lost"?

Perhaps they could be used for ORD, SEA or YVR.

Comment

With this increase in frequency and the launch of non-stop EWR flights, will SIA also have to increase the total number of staff? Given that this was long in the planning I would assume hiring if needed has increased both for pilots and cabin crew.

But would be interest to hear from anyone you might know more details.

Comment

Seems that SQ is quite confident on the LAX route.. hope they won't be disappointed

Comment

Working...
                              X