X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too tight transit???

We are flying SYD-SIN-CPH-ARN.

I just realised that transit in SIN will be stressfull:

Arriving on SQ242 at 23.55 I think its Terminal 2 Can anyone confirm this?
    Departing on SQ 352 at 01.10 Terminal 3

Can anyone confirm if we arrive at Terminal 2?

How fast can we get from Terminal 2 to 3?

This gets me worried, especially since we have kids.....

I could have chosen an earlier flight SIN-SYD, but would then have had 3 VERY tired kids that we would have to carry around for 3,5 hours in SIN.

Any advice is most welcome.

SQ242 can arrive in either T2 or T3, you won't know till a couple of hours before. Transferring between terminals is hassel-free and easy via a skytrain that links all terminals (except the Budget terminal). Trains leave fairly frequently (every 3 mins or so till 2.30am) and the ride takes a couple of minutes. You'll make it in time, no worries.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thanks Pinkfloyd, now I feel less stressed about this.

Comment

Like Pinkfloyd said should not be a problem, but it is the the only airport I would do tight transits, their system just works so well, I have gone shopping with unless time than you have got. The only problem is if the SYD flight is late, which can happen.

Comment

No worries. I am assuming the booking is done on a single PNR. IF your flight does get in late, SQ will put you guys up in a hotel anyway.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to do SYD-BKK-ARN with TG? Of course, you do get TG's 744 on the BKK-ARN sector.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
            No worries. I am assuming the booking is done on a single PNR. IF your flight does get in late, SQ will put you guys up in a hotel anyway.
            Now I have a question I know which hotels F and J get, but does Y class goto the same hotel as J class?

J and F get taxi and food cost paid for by SQ, would think it`s the same for Y, someone here will know.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to do SYD-BKK-ARN with TG? Of course, you do get TG's 744 on the BKK-ARN sector.

Yes, I agree TG ARN-BKK-SYD is tha quickest way, but:
              You dont get to fly with SQ
              You dont get a nice stopover in SIN on the way out.
              TG ARN-BKK is an old 747, no PTV, can be a lot of noisy tourists etc

Comment

Happened to friend - it was the Pan Pacific Marina Bay. During the LHR snow debacle, so may not have been entirely typical.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                  Now I have a question I know which hotels F and J get, but does Y class goto the same hotel as J class?

J and F get taxi and food cost paid for by SQ, would think it`s the same for Y, someone here will know.
                  I know that the airlines do pay for taxis and food (regardless of class of travel) but I guess the hotels might be different between F, J and Y.

Comment

That is a very legal connection and not particularly stressful at all. You'll make it with time to spare

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      That is a very legal connection and not particularly stressful at all. You'll make it with time to spare
                      Agreed, I, am as a Singaporean, am proud to declare Singapore Changi Airport as one of the most hassle free airports in the world when transiting here!

Comment

Fairly unusual for a flight from Australia to land at T2, although it can occur. All my flights from MEL have always landed at T3 and frequently early. I wouldn't be even slightly worried. (Well until sitting at Sydney airport told your flight is delayed by 80 mins!)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          Fairly unusual for a flight from Australia to land at T2, although it can occur. All my flights from MEL have always landed at T3 and frequently early. I wouldn't be even slightly worried. (Well until sitting at Sydney airport told your flight is delayed by 80 mins!)
                          Well, you are wrong. Today's SQ228 will be arriving at T2!

And it seems, SQ242 is using the 772ER, very likely it will land at T2, as per the past few days it landed at T2.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with my statement. Most flights to and from Australia arrive and depart from T3, including all of the one's I've been on since T3 opened. If one particular flight is arriving at T2 in a consistent pattern then I'm interested to hear that, and thank you for the observation.

Comment

Originally posted by crl View Post

Any advice is most welcome.
                              About an hour befoir your arrival into Sin, you can check on your IFE system whether you will be landing in T2 or T3; it will also tell you which gate you will be departing from in T3. There is a map in the SilverKris magazine that gives you the layout of Changi and where to catch the train if you have to TF from T2 to T3.

Comment

Working...
                              X