Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    FlightTrack - alerts when flights depart/arrive
    My Flights (as mentioned above) (by schofs on FT)
    OnTheFly (by ITA software)
    BA / CX / SPG / PC
    Priority Pass
    Worldly (the entire contents of Wikitravel on your phone - like carrying a stack of travel guides around)
    World Atlas (National Geographic)
    AllSubway (a large amount of subway/metro/underground maps)
    CityMap2Go (maps of cities around the world)
    TripAdvisor City Guides (selected cities all on your iPhone)
    XE (currency exchange)
    Darkness (sunrise/sunset times)
    Plus:

Sabre's TripCase (obviously only for bookings in the Sabre GDS)
    Airports

Comment

[iPhone] Track Inbound Flights

Looking for a replacement for FlightAware since it keeps crashing and has to be restarted constantly.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Looking for a replacement for FlightAware since it keeps crashing and has to be restarted constantly.
        Not sure if it has the functionality you want but I use FlightTrack.

Comment

Not sure if it has the functionality you want but I use FlightTrack.
          Yup. I have Pro Version 4.5.4 -- before the Expedia acquisition and subsequent additional charge of USD$4.99 to upgrade to Version 5, which people apparently hate (1.5 star rating).

Net Net: it doesn't have that capability (unless I'm missing some trick inside the app).
          HUGE AL

Comment

Yup. I have Pro Version 4.5.4 -- before the Expedia acquisition and subsequent additional charge of USD$4.99 to upgrade to Version 5, which people apparently hate (1.5 star rating).

Net Net: it doesn't have that capability (unless I'm missing some trick inside the app).
            I had version 4 too but upgraded (no difference in functionality from what i can see like a lot of these "upgrades").

What's Net Net ?

Comment

What's Net Net ?
              "Basically"
              HUGE AL

Comment

Need New Flight Tracking iPhone App

Add Flight Status' recent overhaul to the list of apps I cannot use (still on iOS 8.1 because ) so now I'm kinda out of decent options. Kayak is OK, but it deletes previous flights after a while.

I found the requirements of this old article solid:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2862...s-for-ios.html

but their recommendation of FlightView is moot because the company has apparently sold and the app sucks now.

Flight Status (I know nobody used it, but I got it free when it first came out) rocked because I could search all flights by number or city pair and it laid them out in a simple GUI. Once selected, they could be saved into separate trips or people or whatever you wanted.

Everything else I have is completely jumbled whenever you run a search…OR, the information is inaccurate.

Suggestions appreciated.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Camera+ Adds RAW Support for Pictures AND Editing

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/12...l-camera-more/

This is crazy news for all iPhone photogs (read: yflyer). I've been using this app since it was first released and cost more than double what it is today. Not sure if the shutter speed is enhanced off stock photos (I've always used the stock Camera app when handing the phone to someone else), but pictures taken with this app supercharge your iPhone's camera -- not to mention, many of the features Apple incorporated originally came from this product.

I think I may be the only person who is using this thread.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

RAW shooting and support for the 7+'s dual lenses is also done by:

https://www.procamera-app.com/en/

who came out with their support a month or so ago ? I use this. No idea how it compares to Camera+.

Comment

RAW shooting and support for the 7+'s dual lenses is also done by:

https://www.procamera-app.com/en/

who came out with their support a month or so ago ? I use this. No idea how it compares to Camera+.
                      OK, perhaps jhm and I are the only ones using this thread. (And where were you when we had the shindig in SIN???)

They have competed head-to-head for quite some time. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Both great apps.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

I also use Microsoft Pix, which automatically shoots a 4 sec "creative live image" video on together with the still pic. Helpful in some circumstances.

Comment

I used to use BlackBerry Travel

Now just TripIt (normal edition)
                          drink Coke...save water

Comment

Just stumbled on this interesting flight monitoring app.

Upside: It's a 3-D FR24!
                            Downside: only tracks UK airspace, works only on the iPad and available only on the UK app store.

http://www.nats.aero/news/uk-air-tra...-tracking-app/

Comment

...their recommendation of FlightView is moot because the company has apparently sold and the app sucks now.
                              I've actually been using FlightView for some time now and it works quite well -- even tracking most inbound flights.

OT: Really wish more people would get on the CamScanner bandwagon (read people who take pictures of menus ). Not only does it enhance the image, but it also flattens it out to be read easier.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X