[BKK] Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BKK] Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam

I stayed in this hotel in March 2016, and I simply love its location!

Room

I got a standard room which came with a Queen bed. The room itself was adequately sized. I stayed on the 15th floor and my room, which was facing the National Stadium, had an awesome view. The rest of the amenities in the room were pretty standard.

Standard room

Awesome view of the city

Cool lighting!

I like that there were two options for the pillows: Firm and Soft. The air conditioning also worked well, which is very important in Bangkok's smoldering heat!

Hmmm. Which one should I go for?

Service

All the staff I encountered during my stay were cordial and proficient in their job. The receptionists processed my check-in and check-out fast, and they were also able to answer my queries on places to visit. Being an IHG rewards club member, late check-out till 2 pm was automatically extended to me. Nothing exceptional, but nothing to pick on either.

Food

Breakfast (included in the room rate) was served from 6 am to 10.30 am at Level 7. The dishes served were standard hotel breakfast fare (eggs, sausages, rice/noodle, bread, pastries, cereal etc). I didn't like the coffee as it was diluted. While the selection was limited, it was adequate for me. One thing to note is that there was limited seating space in the cafe so you might have to share tables with other guests.

Breakfast

If you don't fancy hotel dining, there is a McDonald's at the lobby of the hotel that opens till 2 am everyday. You can avoid the queue by calling them to place an advance order from the comfort of your room, and collect it from the store straight. Very convenient!

MacD right at your doorstep

Facilities

There's a gym beside the rooftop garden on the 24th floor. It was small-ish but I seem to be the only one using the gym during my stay. The selection of free weights was limited, but you can't expect much from a hotel gym. There is no swimming pool in the hotel.

Gym with a view

Probably the best selling point about this hotel. The hotel is about 2 mins walk from National Stadium BTS station (Silom Line). To get there from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, take the Airport Rail Line from the airport and change to the BTS Sukhumvit Line at Phaya Thai station. Take the train towards Bearing for one stop and alight at Siam station. Cross the platform and transfer to the BTS Silom Line towards National Stadium.

From National Stadium station, take Exit 1. Once you get down the stairs, you'll see Ibis and Mercure Hotel on your left. Turn behind you and keep going straight. The hotel is just 70 steps from the station (Yes, I've counted).

It took me just 30-40 mins to get to the hotel from the airport. The only down side for this transport option is that not all BTS stations have lifts and escalators. Therefore, there will be certain sections during the transfer which requires you to carry your luggage up/down the stairs. So if you have heavy bags, this option may not be suitable for you.

That's all folks!
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.
Working...
X