• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeeming a suite class

Hi all,

Deciding to use my miles to try the suite class for first time.*
    I have done research on the routes of the new suite class.*

My question here is, do you think it is very different on the new A380 vs the old A380 suite class?
    There are limited saver ticket available on the new A380 suite, easier to redeem on inbound flight to SG. So my another question is, is the first class experience in Changi airport (i.e. lounge) really great (compared to, say, LHR) ? Because, if I redeem the inbound ticket, I will not get to enjoy the experience.*

I did experienced both Silver Kris lounge (business class) in SIN and LHR before.*

I do have just enough miles for outbound and inbound suite class redemption, but I thought to save the miles for other redemption, hence, probably just try the suite class once.*

*Thanks*

[QUOTE=Shen;222977]Hi all,

Deciding to use my miles to try the suite class for first time.*
    I have done research on the routes of the new suite class.*

My question here is, do you think it is very different on the new A380 vs the old A380 suite class?
    There are limited saver ticket available on the new A380 suite, easier to redeem on inbound flight to SG. So my another question is, is the first class experience in Changi airport (i.e. lounge) really great (compared to, say, LHR) ? Because, if I redeem the inbound ticket, I will not get to enjoy the experience.*

Q:do you think it is very different on the new A380 vs the old A380 suite class?

Yes, very. The new one gives tons of personal space. I personally prefer the old one. But its always a thrill to travel suites.

Q:is the first class experience in Changi airport (i.e. lounge) really great (compared to, say, LHR)

Home base lounge is often the best that the airline can muster. Flying suites and First on SQ, you have your own mini check in area, private immigration, and you can enjoy the Private Room which is like a restaurant, sitting lounge and office all in one, and a butler at you beck and call. You will enjoy it if that is your kind of thing. When you are done, they will transport you to your gate in an electric vehicle if your gate is not directly downstairs. I am not sure if that is 'really great', because it's not my kind of thing. LOL. But it sure was an eye opener.

Enjoy yourself!

Comment

Hi Shen

There is a fair amount differences between the new and previous Suites. The new one is very modern and high tech (better or worse choice of words) while the previous Suites is more of a classic. Both are great but my preference is towards the previous Suites but if this is a once is in a lifetime experience I'd recommend the new Suites and do try to aim for a longer Journey like LHR to maximise the experience - I feel SIN-HKG may not give the full experience and not worth the miles which I would save

In terms on ground experience - Changi is already great even in economy, yes you do get a First Class terminal and private security but with the efficiency of Changi it really does not matter to me unlike overseas Airports like in the US where the security and immigration can take a really long time.

Also in Changi the lounge is very central and the gates are not that far (as most A380 flights are in A1-A8 or B1-B4 gates) compared to others like LHR where you practically need over 15-20mins to walk in Terminal 2. LHR is where First Class buggy service is useful.

The Private Room which is exclusive to ONLY First and Suites passengers offers really good food so I go recommend if you are flying from Changi to arrive a few hours early to enjoy.

I would say the First Class experience in Changi is the best SQ offers compared to outstation but if I'm flying SIN-LHR return and had a choice of Suites for only one leg I would choose LHR as the walking the lounge / gate is really quite far.

On a separate note - (for info only) if you fly Suites into SIN and then onwards to another destination in SQ on the same day you can access the Private Room. Example HKG-SIN (Suites) > SIN-LHR (Business) on the same day. I did this before

Hope this helps and have a great experience

Comment

The new Suites is very big (with space to walkabout inside) and high tech with a few lights you can control, comes with a HUGE toilet and TV. There is also hand held device to control lighting and window shades. Now there is wireless headset. For SQ, only the seat is amazing. Other than that SQ's A380 does not have a lounge or showers.

Lounges in SIN just good food that's all, very mediocre. Nothing much to do other than eating and it's getting old.

Just try 1 way ZRH, LHR or SYD to get the amenity kit, pajamas will do, don't waste your miles on the world's most overrated airline.

Save the miles and redeem with Asia Miles for better lounges like Cathay Pacific's The Pier First and The Wing First in HKG and Qatar Airways Al Safwa First Lounge in DOH and BE AMAZED!! Or great food and drinks like Suntory Hibiki 17 years on Japanese airlines like ANA and Japan Airlines First Class.

If you have Qantas miles, redeem on Emirates A380 with showers and lounge or the world's first 'fully enclosed' First Class Suites on EK's B777-300ER.
        Last edited by vsepr; 8 January 2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X