Changi Airport Delays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Airport Delays?

Just checked FR24 and it seemed like a lot of flights out of Changi Airport (especially in the evening) were delayed on 7th August. Is this normal?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Just checked FR24 and it seemed like a lot of flights out of Changi Airport (especially in the evening) were delayed on 7th August. Is this normal?
    There were some National Day aerial rehearsals at the Bay area. They may have temporarily closed takeoffs and landings. It happened to me a few weeks back on a flight from PEN, but on that occasion I was notified 2 weeks prior of the delayed takeoff.

Comment

Delays at SIN resulting from a Singapore Airshow plane on fire.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...t-escapes-with

Comment

Even with the airshow, it seems as all flights are operating as normal. Not as bad as the past few days (so far).

Comment

even before and after the Airshow, have experienced long delays due to "congestion" on the runway - which is usually alway happen when only one runway is in use during the peak morning times. Just last wed on 7 Mar, my flight was suppose to take off at 1010am from T3. During my time in transit earlier I observed that runway 02L was open and in use for both landings and take-offs and I thought there be no delay. But alas when we were all boarded and ready for push back at 1005am, the pilot came on and say that there be a delay for our push back and then i look out and saw that runway 02L was closed. After some 20 mins wait we were pushed back and make our way to the runway holding point at which time there were quite few planes waiting for departure and we were number 7th. Finally by the time we entered the acive runway and begin our take-off roll it was 11.07am - which is more than an hour behind schedule. This is one of the longest delay due to the airport using only one runway during the peak period,and have experienced this many times but this was the worse as usually its about 35 to 40 mins behind schedule. The thing is, I wonder why the airport likes to shut down one runway usually 02L/20R between the peak hours of 930am onwards for whatever maintenance or checks? And why cant the airport close the runway during the early hours before the around 9am peak time? I still "marvel" at Changi's closing of one runway during the peak times on most occassions. It's no point even having 3 runways in future if Changi closes one of the runways during the busy period.
          Last edited by flyguy; 12 March 2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

What recourse do travelers have when they miss their connecting flights at the destination airports as a result of Changi's runway closure? Budget airlines probably won't care less, but will Star Alliance member airlines book SIA passengers on later flights without charge?

Comment

All airlines generally advised a transit time of at least 1.5 hours to cater for delays either by the airport or by late arrival of aircraft. But for those on airlines with connecting flights in their one ticket/pnr would have no problem, as the airline would arrange for alterbative flights to their final destinations. Even for budget airlines, as long as one travels and connects on their airline in one ticket/pnr then the budget airline would provide the next alternative flight. For those travelling on different tickets with different pnr, then its a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X