Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLA-LHR-SIN

Hi there,

I will be flying from Glasgow to Heathrow and onward to Singapore this coming Thursday.

I am departing Glasgow on BA at 12:35pm and arriving at Heathrow T5 at 2:00pm. My continuing flight to Singapore on SQ at 8:35pm will depart from T3.

The flights are under one same booking code but BA and SQ has issued seperate E-tickets.

Will I be able to check in all the way through to Singapore from Glasgow? And how do I transfer from T5 to T3? Will I have to leave the security area?

Thanks much in advance for your help!

PS: Does anyone have any idea if I will be going on SQ's new 777-300ER with the new products onboard?

Originally posted by n707jt View Post
    The flights are under one same booking code but BA and SQ has issued seperate E-tickets.

Will I be able to check in all the way through to Singapore from Glasgow? And how do I transfer from T5 to T3? Will I have to leave the security area?
    You should be able to as SQ and BA, despite not being codeshare partners or in the same alliance (yet ), are generally 'nice' to each other about things like this.

You can transfer from T5 to T3 airside easily, just follow Flight Connections when you arrive and you will get a bus to T3. You will need to show your BP or ticket at T5 for them to allow you to go through. I do this every month or so and it normally takes around 15-20 minutes. You will need to go through another security check at T3 unfortunately.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Any ideas where are the transfer desks located in T3? It seems that I am unable to check in for my SQ flight because of my preceding domestic BA flight? (Different ticket, same booking code).

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Any ideas where are the transfer desks located in T3? It seems that I am unable to check in for my SQ flight because of my preceding domestic BA flight? (Different ticket, same booking code).
        The check-in person is either untrained or plain lazy. I had a similar case with UA in SEA recently, flying to LAX for a connection on SQ. The check-in guy had to get help from a senior and the whole process took 15mins so that my bags can go all the way through. Some of these systems are so antiquated - this is a *A connection after all.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

As CarbonMan says, you seem to have got a lazy or uninformed agent.

I am presuming this trip is underway ?. If so, have they at least checked your bags through ?. If not you will have to collect them at T5 and transfer to T3. The best way to do this is probably to jump on the Heathrow Express. SQ check in area at LHR T3 is Zone E.

If your baggage has gone though and you just need to pick up an SQ BP at LHR T3 then their are a number of transfer desks in the first area of the terminal you enter after transferring airside by bus.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Aren't you able to even do an Online Check-in for your SQ flight at singaporeair.com using Surname and Ticket Number?

You are in the window now if you are flying Thursday (tomorrow) and with SQ's separate ticket number you should be good to go.

If you can complete the OLCI and print off your boarding pass, BA will be able to check your bags right through to Singapore and you can proceed to Flight Connection Centre using the BP you printed.

If you can't do an OLCI it should still be possible for BA to at least check your bag right through after showing your SQ ticket, but they may be able to check you in completely. GLA is more provincial than even EDI and the number of times I've had to educate check-in staff at EDI would make your hair stand-up......considering its supposed to be our capital.

If they can't check you in go to the Flight Connection Centre after showing your ticket at T5, where you'll see Transfer Counters. You can get your BP printed there but make sure also to show SQ your baggage tag to make sure they have it in their system and it gets loaded on your flight.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have not been able to check in online on SQ website. It tells me that because my next flight is not on SQ, I should try to check in on BA's website. I am still unable to do it as BA only allows her customers to initiate a check in 24 hours before departure. I will try it this afternoon.

I didn't realised there are so many glitches around online check-ins if the tickets were purchased through a company agent.

Comment

I am surprised you're not able to check in for your SQ flight using their ticket number.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                  I am surprised you're not able to check in for your SQ flight using their ticket number.
                  Tell me about it...

I will most probably do an online checkin for my BA flight. And pop over to the transfer desk at Heathrow T3 to obtain my SQ boarding pass.

And of course I pray that my bags can be checked through to Singapore.

Comment

Well just tried to do an online check in on BA website and it seems like I cannot do that too...

Comment

I missed the Thursday bit!.

After asking someone with a bit of experience of these type of bookings I was told OLCI is sometimes a problem and checking in at the airport is usually better. You should at least get your bags checked through even if you need to pick up your onwards BP's at LHR.

If it doesn't happen then at least you have given yourself more than enough time to collect the bags at T5 and take them to T3 and check in with SQ

Comment

Working...
                      X