Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisFlyer enhancement: Elite Gold Rewards

An enhancement for EGs:
    We are pleased to introduce Elite Gold Rewards, our latest enhancement to the KrisFlyer programme to make your travels even more rewarding.
    Starting from 9 October 2018, as an exclusive benefit to our KrisFlyer Elite Gold members, the Elite miles you accumulate on your travels on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir may also earn you Elite Gold Rewards.
    You’ll receive the following Elite Gold Rewards when you attain the corresponding Elite miles accrued from Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights, during your membership year.
    Elite miles earned on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights during membership year Elite Gold Rewards
    60,000 Double KrisFlyer Miles Reward
    Receive one voucher which allows you to earn twice the KrisFlyer miles for a single flight segment.
    75,000 Short-haul Advance Upgrade
    Receive one advance upgrade voucher, which allows you to apply for a one-cabin class upgrade for a single flight segment for the following zones at the point of booking.
    Zone 1 to Zone 2, or vice versa;
    Zone 1 to Zone 3, or vice versa;
    Zone 9 to Zone 9; or
    Zone 11 to Zone 11.
    Your upgrade will be confirmed at the point of booking, subject to availability.
    100,000 Premium Economy Advance Upgrade
    Receive one advance upgrade voucher, which allows you to apply for an upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy Class at the point of booking. Your upgrade will be confirmed at the point of booking, subject to availability.
    All Elite Gold Rewards earned will automatically appear in your KrisFlyer Account Summary, ready to be used for your next flight.
    Thank you for your continued support and we hope to welcome you onboard our flights soon.

Just received the email as well, I hope tomorrow it will reflect the new enhancements as my membership year resets end of this month and I currently have 92K miles earned this year.

It's nice to see that SQ is finally introducing some additional benefits to Gold members who clock over 50k miles in whY class.

Do you guys think whether SQ will ever consider to introduce a lifetime Gold status or perhaps a new tier like platinum level?

Comment

You can be sure that some of the self-aggrandizing QPPS/TPPS members lurking in this forum will be gawking at any suggestion that encroaches on their "hallowed" status.

Comment

I received the email today as well.

For Krisflyer Gold members who mainly fly economy class, it is a welcome step forward.

It means that after qualifying for Elite Gold at 50K, there are still additional benefits for very frequent flyers, when you go to 60K, 75K and 100K miles.

This is better than the current state of affairs, where frequent flyers who don't fly Business or First/Suites essentially hit a ceiling at 50K miles and Elite Gold, and don't get any additional benefits, even if they fly 150K or 200K Y miles a year with SQ.

I think it is a step in the right direction, although I personally think they need to go even further than that, for example, J upgrades rather than PEY, or as someone mentioned, an even higher FF tier than Elite Gold that very frequent economy flyers can aspire to.

But I doubt SQ will go as far as a new FF tier, as they already have PPS, targeting Business and First/Suites pax, which seems to work well for the airline.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          I received the email today as well.

For Krisflyer Gold members who mainly fly economy class, it is a welcome step forward.

It means that after qualifying for Elite Gold at 50K, there are still additional benefits for very frequent flyers, when you go to 60K, 75K and 100K miles.

This is better than the current state of affairs, where frequent flyers who don't fly Business or First/Suites essentially hit a ceiling at 50K miles and Elite Gold, and don't get any additional benefits, even if they fly 150K or 200K Y miles a year with SQ.

I think it is a step in the right direction, although I personally think they need to go even further than that, for example, J upgrades rather than PEY, or as someone mentioned, an even higher FF tier than Elite Gold that very frequent economy flyers can aspire to.

But I doubt SQ will go as far as a new FF tier, as they already have PPS, targeting Business and First/Suites pax, which seems to work well for the airline.
          Yeah, but given most of us Y flyers fly on Flexi Saver though, the qualifying threshhold is now 66.6k in "real terms". They've wiped out an entire band of KFEG members with that change, so I'm not surprised they're willing to be more generous to the remaining Y flyers who can actually still qualify. I've got 6 months left and then I'm KFES or lower. And can someone remind me of the actual benefits of KFES again... Oh wait, you get a silver card instead of blue!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Yeah, but given most of us Y flyers fly on Flexi Saver though, the qualifying threshhold is now 66.6k in "real terms". They've wiped out an entire band of KFEG members with that change, so I'm not surprised they're willing to be more generous to the remaining Y flyers who can actually still qualify. I've got 6 months left and then I'm KFES or lower. And can someone remind me of the actual benefits of KFES again... Oh wait, you get a silver card instead of blue!
            in the long run, devaluation is certain. The same travel pattern will fall out of the curve in terms of qualification or redemption. That's reality

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Over the past few years, I've dropped from TPPS all the way to KFES last week, mostly due to the change in my job role. The bulk of my travel these days are leisure related. While in the past decade or so, I've felt compelled to chase re-qualification for TPPS or PPS, and before that, KFEG, I've re-discovered. in the past year or so, the freedom to fly whatever airline that gives me the best value or timing.

It has been quite a liberating experience, though of course, one has to deal with the withdrawl symptoms of not being able to stand on a carpet when one checks-in, having to keep myself seated when they announce commencement of boarding and the realization that I'm no longer Mr Carbonman the VIP to the cabin crew. Not having to fly SQ also meant that I could park more budget at a nicer hotel and indulge in really good food. Indeed I still fly SQ from time to time, who wouldn't, but not in the same obsessive compulsive way as in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ773ER View Post
                Just received the email as well, I hope tomorrow it will reflect the new enhancements as my membership year resets end of this month and I currently have 92K miles earned this year.

It's nice to see that SQ is finally introducing some additional benefits to Gold members who clock over 50k miles in whY class.

Do you guys think whether SQ will ever consider to introduce a lifetime Gold status or perhaps a new tier like platinum level?
                The enhancements have been automatically loaded to my account. There is a fine print stating that only mileage accumulated on SQ metal counts towards the enhancements.

Comment

I won't be able to re-qualify for Krisflyer Gold. Guess I will settle for Aegean Gold then.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    I won't be able to re-qualify for Krisflyer Gold. Guess I will settle for Aegean Gold then.
                    you can also consider OZ or TK or even TG depending on your travel patterns
                    visit my blog

Comment

As ever we should always be grateful for any additional benefits offered by travel programmes these days but I remain of the opinion that SQ treats KF Golds terribly in general.

Comment

The announcement came as a welcomed enhancement as I have been clocking 70-100k consistently for the past few years (in fact, 110k elite miles last year). Currently stands at 80k elite miles and recently got my PPS from the few rare occasions that I could fly in J. Had a shock when KF agent informed that I won't be getting my PEY upgrade voucher when I hit 100k elite miles because I am no longer KFEG.

For the first time, I really felt like downgrading myself back to KFEG... lol

Comment

It is not a good news though.

The rest of the post about elite miles and qualification date are deleted to prevent false news for now as I am thinking it might be uninformed call centre, since they seems also not to grasp the concept that the rewards is for sq and mi only meaning my flights with nh should not count.(i have 25000 miles for the rewards as opposed to what she said: 54000 miles which is my elite miles).

I will repost it if indeed sq emailed us about that “new qualification date” within this year.
                          Last edited by 726; 2 November 2018, 01:11 PM. Reason: Deleted uncertain info

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                            It is not a good news though.

The rest of the post about elite miles and qualification date are deleted to prevent false news for now as I am thinking it might be uninformed call centre, since they seems also not to grasp the concept that the rewards is for sq and mi only meaning my flights with nh should not count.(i have 25000 miles for the rewards as opposed to what she said: 54000 miles which is my elite miles).

I will repost it if indeed sq emailed us about that “new qualification date” within this year.
                            We have some reference from PPS Club where similar rewards were introduced last year.

Yes, the qualification year is now counting to the exact expiry date (you wont wanna lose rewards to early set back to zero).

The qualification period start and end date remains the same. No switch to calendar year was introduced here.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                              We have some reference from PPS Club where similar rewards were introduced last year.

Yes, the qualification year is now counting to the exact expiry date (you wont wanna lose rewards to early set back to zero).

The qualification period start and end date remains the same. No switch to calendar year was introduced here.
                              Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I was trying my luck calling sq to request early reset, and was not surprised when it was rejected. Bit disappointed, yes, but i know that i got to play by the rules, so it was really okay.

But here comes the mistake that I thought call centre made. I deleted this from my original post, but am warning readers not to trust this yet. I think this might be because of uninformed call centre staff. I was told firstly to accumulate an addition of 6000 miles in order to get the first of kf gold reward. And where did she get the number? My elite miles was around 54000 miles (now 57000), but on sq website it said that points for reward was only 20000 (i took my flight with ana or asiana). I began to suspect she was uninformed. Lastly before she hung up I was told that qualification period will be reset to december 2018, no exception, and “we’ve received a lot of complaints about this”. This time i got really angry. She sounded confident though.

No, i still did not trust what was said.

Well, at least on my last flight from sin to hk, i was upgraded at the gate to the newest business class seat from premium, far before my supposed first experience with that new business class to London. So that soften the blow. Thx SQ. this was my third upgrade this year, second with sq.

Comment

Working...
                              X