SQTalk

SQTalk (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All About Singapore Airlines (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16185)

young 30th May 2018 12:18 PM

Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR
 
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/u...pore-to-return

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...tm_source=hero

Trent1000 30th May 2018 12:37 PM

The schedule, according to ausbt, shows SQ22 departing near midnight and returning in the afternoon as SQ21. It used to be the other way around.

9V-JKL 30th May 2018 01:10 PM

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg.../ne2018-180530

Link at bottom of press release shows 2013 J seats rather than than 2017 J seats on the new A380

Triniflyer 30th May 2018 01:16 PM

So the JFK to sing remains in tact? I have a booking in oct

ek&sq 30th May 2018 01:28 PM

Looks like theyíve switched things around with a late night departure from SIN and morning departure from Newark. Iím not sure how many domestic US connections will be possible on the EWR-SIN leg with a 9:45 departure.

Short Final 30th May 2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ek&sq (Post 218900)
Looks like theyíve switched things around with a late night departure from SIN and morning departure from Newark. Iím not sure how many domestic US connections will be possible on the EWR-SIN leg with a 9:45 departure.

It was the reverse problem previously on SIN-EWR, something like 11am departure, arriving late afternoon around 4pm, if I remember correctly. Sometimes connections were difficult, depending on to where you were connecting.

Does anyone know what is the main determining factor the determines flight timing for a route like this? Is it the available landing slot into EWR?

Carfield 30th May 2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triniflyer (Post 218898)
So the JFK to sing remains in tact? I have a booking in oct

Yes SQ has no plan to cancel the JFK flights! The article mentions it.

maestro 30th May 2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9V-JKL (Post 218897)
Link at bottom of press release shows 2013 J seats rather than than 2017 J seats on the new A380

Yes, I found that really interesting! I'm perplexed as to why :confused: Anyone?

Trent1000 30th May 2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 218905)
Yes, I found that really interesting! I'm perplexed as to why :confused: Anyone?

Either to keep the exclusivity on A380 or an admission that the older but wider seat is better for ultra long haul or both. :smile:

9V-JKL 30th May 2018 05:48 PM

The 2017 J seats are too wide to fit into the A350.
5.61m vs 5.92m.

hybridace101 30th May 2018 06:58 PM

I have not seen the C seats up-front but aren't the 2013 seats themselves (not including the 'peripheral' or 'storage' areas) wider?

Short Final 30th May 2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 218905)
Yes, I found that really interesting! I'm perplexed as to why :confused: Anyone?

I don’t think we can assume the pictures are representative of what the end product will be on the ULR

djsflynn 30th May 2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Final (Post 218910)
I donít think we can assume the pictures are representative of what the end product will be on the ULR

The ULR will use the same business class seats as the standard A350-900.

hybridace101 30th May 2018 10:46 PM

Slightly off-topic: isn't SFO further from SIN than LAX is? If so, why is SFO getting a Y-configured A350 and LAX would use the A359ULRs with C- and W-only seats? And why didn't SQ bother to install F seats on such ULR flights?

SQ_326 30th May 2018 10:49 PM

Seat on your favorite 3 seater sofa with 50" tv in front of you for 19 hours already cannot tahan. Can't imagine even for business class....i would rather transit at FRA.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net