Big changes coming to SKL / TPR / KF G at T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big changes coming to SKL / TPR / KF G at T3

If they do ever get around to pulling the trigger that is. They've been kicking the can down the road for a few years now, especially for TPR as that was originally supposed to be done a couple of years ago with it being changed to having sectioned off 'Private Rooms' and should have been done and dusted

It does appear that SQ have finally managed to get more space from Changi so the size and floor area of the lounges will increase as well. The main decision now is supposedly how long they close them for, with one suggestion they could be closed for up to a year.

What is not in doubt is both TPR and the SKL's are in need of a big upgrade. For an airline that still likes to think itself at the top of the tree the current offerings are nowhere near good enough.

Will they include windows?

Comment

I was in the First Class lounge at T3 yesterday, pre SQ494. The food was dire, not even a decent sandwich. And of course, no windows or natural light.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Probably not going off the track record at Changi....and HKG, MEL...

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
        I was in the First Class lounge at T3 yesterday, pre SQ494. The food was dire, not even a decent sandwich. And of course, no windows or natural light.
        Yep, it's poor in 2019 for a leading airline in its main hub.

Comment

Maybe they are just waiting for T5. Upgrading T3 SKL May prove tricky as it’ll impact so many PAX unless they find a temp area.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
            Maybe they are just waiting for T5. Upgrading T3 SKL May prove tricky as it’ll impact so many PAX unless they find a temp area.
            There’s no way that’s a viable option. T5 is too far away to keep the current outdated setup for another decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
              It’s particular bad during off peak hours between breakfast and dinner time. I’ll be back there tomorrow bright and early for a good breakfast.

Comment

SIN T3 is IMHO far too large for a single J lounge to suffice; at least 2, possibly 3 lounges are required (ala CX at HKG?).
                And here is a subversive thought: why not restore the practice of allowing QPPS into F lounges? In my experience F lounges tend to be ghost towns these days, given the declining numbers of actual F seats.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  It seems part of the lounge will include windows as the expansion is going to swallow the KFG and SATS lounges

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    It seems part of the lounge will include windows as the expansion is going to swallow the KFG and SATS lounges
                    I wish SQ would drop this whole notion of a separate Krisflyer Elite Gold lounge vs SilverKris Lounge, and just have a common SIN lounge for all Star Gold / PPS / Krisflyer Gold equivalents, similar to how CX in HKG does it for their Oneworld equivalents.

If space was a constraint, they can go for a multi-lounge strategy, again similar to CX in HKG, where CX have several excellent lounges in different parts of the terminal.

And yes, windows would be great!
                    Last edited by yflyer; 30 January 2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      I wish SQ would drop this whole notion of a separate Krisflyer Elite Gold lounge vs SilverKris Lounge, and just have a common SIN lounge for all Star Gold / PPS / Krisflyer equivalents, similar to how HKG does it for their Oneworld equivalents.
                      I don't think the issue is with separate lounges - it's how SQ perceives Star Gold as inferior to Business. Lufthansa has separate Senator and Business Lounges at their hubs, and while I have not been to their Business Lounges, the Senator Lounges (for Star Gold) are far superior to the equivalent Star Gold lounges at SQ's home base in Singapore. In fact, LH allows Star Gold to use their First Class check-in counters (not the First Class Terminal though) whereas for SQ Star Gold is lumped with Business Class check-in.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        I wish SQ would drop this whole notion of a separate Krisflyer Elite Gold lounge vs SilverKris Lounge, and just have a common SIN lounge for all Star Gold / PPS / Krisflyer Gold equivalents, similar to how CX in HKG does it for their Oneworld equivalents.

If space was a constraint, they can go for a multi-lounge strategy, again similar to CX in HKG, where CX have several excellent lounges in different parts of the terminal.

And yes, windows would be great!
                        Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                        I don't think the issue is with separate lounges - it's how SQ perceives Star Gold as inferior to Business.
                        Yep, can't disagree with any of that. I personally think the way SQ treats is regular YCL pax and KF Gold members pretty appalling.

Comment

Just to update this with more details...

- Work scheduled to start before end of July
                          - First up is the new KF Gold Lounge, which is moving up to/past the DNATA Lounge
                          - New KF Gold Lounge will have much better bathrooms including....showers!
                          - The current FCL lounge will be part of the expanded JCL Lounge that will also take in the current computer station area and the outdoor area just before the entrance
                          - The New FCL Lounge will be on the left at the first part of what is the current JCL area
                          - The new TPR will be behind the new FCL on the 'inside' of the expanded lounge area thus meaning the current outside views, which are already spoiled by the metal grills Changi insist are necessary, will be gone and there will be no outside views at all.
                          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 16 March 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Just to update this with more details...

- Work scheduled to start before end of July
                            - First up is the new KF Gold Lounge, which is moving up to/past the DNATA Lounge
                            - The current FCL lounge will be part of the expanded JCL Lounge that will also take in the current computer station area and the outdoor area just before the entrance
                            - The New FCL Lounge will be on the left at the first part of twhat is the current JCL area
                            - The new TPR will be behind the new FCL on the 'inside' of the expanded lounge area thus meaning the current outside views, which are already spoiled by the metal grills Changi insist are necessary, will be gone and there will be no outside views at all.
                            Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Any idea when this will be publicly announced?

Comment

Well it won't be hard for it to have better bathrooms, given it currently has no bathrooms whatsoever. You can't even wash your hands in there!

I'm touched that they waited until my many years of KFEG status will come to an end before starting this development. So many showers could have been had...

Comment

Working...
                              X