LH Resumes MUC-SIN in Summer 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH Resumes MUC-SIN in Summer 2018

In line with the agreed upon JV flight plan, LH has announced resumption of MUC-SIN from Summer 2018. Following the de-linking of MUC-MAN, and subsequent downgauge of SQ services from 77W to A359, Lufthansa will resume operations 5 times a week initially utilizing an A359.

Schedule has not been publicly announced yet.

More interestingly though, the accompanying announcement also states 5 A380's will be transferred from FRA to MUC, to be deployed to LAX, HKG and PEK

http://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/e...17/q2/458.html

I would have thought the A350's are better suited to MUC than FRA anyway. MUC doesn't have as much yield.

Comment

The LH First Class Lounge in MUC may need to be expanded--as it is the utilisation is quite high.

Comment

Hmm hmm.. originally I thought LH would cooperate with SQ on this route rather than a head-on competition.

Comment

Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
          Hmm hmm.. originally I thought LH would cooperate with SQ on this route rather than a head-on competition.
          If the JV covers MUC-SIN, then they're not competing. Flyers will have more flights to choose from as well.

Comment

So they've finally given up on that silly plan of ferrying everyone to FRA for long hauls. I like the idea of more competition on SIN-MUC to keep pressure on prices, but given not many months ago there was only 50% of a 77W flying daily between the two airlines, filling 12 A350s per week will be a difficult task. It's almost triple the capacity per week. LH's previous flight on this sector had a tag onto CGK- perhaps this time SQ will provide that for LH passengers as a connection? I've heard plans to increase LH long haul destinations out of DUS as well.

Comment

I would expect that SQ will decrease number of flights. I'am not too sure if MUC as standalone is doing that well. SQ flight timing ex-MUC is also not ideal. LH will have an advantage with the late evening departure ex-MUC.
              But lets see, LH couldn't make it work in the past.....

Comment

This restarts today but is overwhelmed by the news of the arrival of SQ's 78J

Comment

Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
                  The LH First Class Lounge in MUC may need to be expanded--as it is the utilisation is quite high.
                  LH A350 have no First Class, so no need to worry about LH F Lounge capacity. Besides from the one or two HON on those flights, no one will be eligable to enter the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    If the JV covers MUC-SIN, then they're not competing. Flyers will have more flights to choose from as well.
                    The JV covers this route. So, technically it's a capacity increase.
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

will they reinstate CGK also?
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        will they reinstate CGK also?
                        lowkey hoping they'll do so, if the market is right, they might launch this route

Comment

I wouldn't count on that. Either they can make it work direct or code share on SQ.

Comment

when LH discontinue the FRA-KUL-CGK route they said that they didn't have the right equipment to fly to CGK(at that time they use A340-300), now there's A350-900 which is more efficient, but maybe they can do MUC-SIN-CGK at first before making it direct, considering the plane is idle for 6h50mins as of now, there's a chance for the flight to CGK to be reinstated

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
                              when LH discontinue the FRA-KUL-CGK route they said that they didn't have the right equipment to fly to CGK(at that time they use A340-300), now there's A350-900 which is more efficient, but maybe they can do MUC-SIN-CGK at first before making it direct, considering the plane is idle for 6h50mins as of now, there's a chance for the flight to CGK to be reinstated
                              Possibly, but that's a tight turnaround. Two 90 minute flights leave 3h50. Layovers at SIN of 75 minutes each reduce ground time at CGK to 2h20. Deduct 90 minutes turnaround at CGK and there's 50 minutes of slack. Certainly possible for sure. Crewing is another expense with tag flights. Now they have a JV with SQ, it's easier for them just to codeshare, which could have been part of discussions with SQ about recommencing direct MUC-SIN.

Comment

Working...
                              X