Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Holiday Romance

Dear all,

I would like to warmly welcome you all to MY Trip Report titled " A Holiday Romance " . I would like to thank all those who gave me valuable information on my thread " Need advice on Jakarta".
    This trip report would cover the flights(Hopefully the love sicknesses won;t divert my attention away) and how two separate parties fell in love on their separate holidays.

Now... With the civilities out of the way... I shall begin

Those wanting to skip how this " love story" started, please wait or scroll til i've reached the flight sections Thank you!

Background Information

Having just split with my partner of five and a half years, My good friend a.k.a my wingman, has been trying really hard to match make me with another. The numerous drinking sessions followed almost nightly for quite some time and somehow... none caught my eye.
    Till one day... He forced me to accompany him to meet his extended family. I was so reluctant to go and upon listening to his cock bull stories on how much he's done for me, i was left with no choice.

We went over to Clarke Quay and there she was... A girl was frantically waving at our direction... I was struck in awe as my eyes laid upon her... " Who is that girl" i thought out loud and he replied " That's my cousin. That's why i wanted you to come."

I didn;t really interact with his cousin much that night until we hit the clubs... I think the alcohol and the music must have done something... NOW NOW... My TR is child friendly ya.
    We talked alot and had fun i guess... I met up with her alot the remaining 5 days she spent here with her family and somehow... I fell for her. I thought it might have been an infactuation at first.. But, somehow, she was different. I could tell she felt the same way... (Ok that's bullshit, my friend was extorting all her feelings out from her)...

The fateful day of her departure arrived... I picked her up at 6am from her hotel and off we went to the airport. She queued for her boarding pass and i went to grab a cup of coffee. I sat quietly and stared at her thinking that this was impossible... We hugged before she went through those glass walls... the thought of never seeing each other again lingered in our minds... ~

She got home safely and told me how she truly felt about me. I felt the same way. I thought things were going smoothly... But.. An atomic bomb was dropped. She's in a relationship... For the past two years... Aye....

Wow! I'm hooked, keep the report going!

Comment

well, let the story continue........

and congrats..
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
        She's in a relationship... For the past two years... Aye....
        Spoiler came too early! You should have left this bit out and we would have been checking this thread daily for the next week.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

Comment

Well... upon hearing that... everything went into a spiral...
          As the day progressed, i felt really crappy and started blaming my wingman for the predicament i was in... all he could do was give me a smirk and a piece of "comforting" news... " I introduced her to you because she's my little cousin. You;re a great guy. One that's good for her. Though i know all the shit that you've done, you're more than qualified to be hers. Her bf is useless bum. Win her over and you won;t regret it. You've won half the battle... Now go win the other half"

Shocked. I immediately starting looking at flights to fly into CGK the very next day. The fares were pretty ridiculous even on budget carriers but i was determined to go. But, I got an urgent call from my family in Japan requesting me to go back to sign some documents. How timely... I decided to go once i was done with Indonesia.

I rationalize myself and called SQ for a ticket on SQ 956 the following tuesday... flight was overbooked so i got a standby ticket.The flight was 5 days away... I had 5 days to prepare for this. I've never done something as crazy as this before. I was nervous yet excited at what awaited me in Jakarta.

I started gathering "intel" from my wingman on where she stayed and all... Got my hotel booked and that's it. I was left to wait... It must have been the longest five days in my life. But.. In that span of FIVE days, i got closer to her, found out more about her, and fell even deeper in this downward spiral...

Comment

THE DAY

Thank You for suffering through my introduction.

The Journey of SQ 956 begins here...

I learnt a very valuable lesson here... Never travel with two cabin bags, one luggage and one day bag. It;s such a logistical Nightmare!

Woke up around 0630 for my 0925 departure. At 0700, my dad's driver informed us that he was already waiting for us. Pretty early as i requested for a 0725 pick up. My dad was going to the airport with me as he was going onboard SQ 22.

Driver dropped my dad off at T3 and we bid goodbyes ( Next time i would see him was around a week away in Japan) and the driver headed to T2 and dropped me off.
            T2 was pretty empty. As i headed to the Check In counter, I was greeted with a smile by a um// above middle aged lady? The smile was genuine and the service and attention she gave was good. It was such a relief to finally get this kind of service level. The last few flights over the past year i have encountered so many younger ladies who just seemed to have a bad day or just didn;t want to be there at all.

She updated me on the status on the flight. Flight was full and overbooked by 12. I has a good chance of securing a seat and was told to go back at 0840. I went for coffee and toast and went back around 0835. I was cleared for check in at 0850 and was told that the aircraft had a last minute change. From a 773R to a 773. Boarding gate was at F54. I was informed to run as it was a long way to the gate... I hated the sound of hearing F gates.. Gahh... that begin my run through Terminal 2...

I did however stop for these pictures It;s been a long time since i flew out of here...

Would love to try this someday

Reached the gate at 0857... Aircraft was originally supposed to be on SQ974...

9V-SYE is ready to take me on the craziest thing I've done in my life

19th June 2012
            SQ956 Gate: F54
            Seat 47K
            SDT 0925 ADT 0940
            Runway: 20C
            EAT 1010 AAT 0958
            Runway: 07R

I was one of the last few to board. Got to my seat and tried to stow my hand luggage in the compartment but it was FULL. The stewardess came and helped me re arrange the compartment and my carry on went in fine. Thanked her and noticed the centre seat empty. 47H was occupied by a gentleman who was VERY displeased to see me arrive... oops He reluctantly got up and let me settle down.

Comment

I'm hooked .... keep it coming. If you don't and leave us in a "potong stim" state (Malaysians will know what i mean), I will personally come and forcibly dig the rest out from you.

Now that we've dispensed with the pleasantries... please proceed

Comment

Very nice introduction. All that is needed to make this Hollywood perfect is a chase scene through an airport, a rushed kiss at the gate and... cut to a montage of 3 years later of a life renewed.

I watch too many damn rom-coms.

Comment

Luuuuuuvvvvvvv this one....
                  I'm really hooked...
                  Make me feel young again...

Will check this "romance" everyday now...
                  Please hurry....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Wow! I'm hooked, keep the report going!
                    Thanks Kyo! I'll keep it going once i've freed up my schedule! Next installment should come latest by tmr!

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    well, let the story continue........

and congrats..
                    Haha thank You kapitan!

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    Spoiler came too early! You should have left this bit out and we would have been checking this thread daily for the next week.

Looking forward to the rest of it.
                    Nah... i wouldn;t wanna risk getting "potong" by SQflyergirl

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    I'm hooked .... keep it coming. If you don't and leave us in a "potong stim" state (Malaysians will know what i mean), I will personally come and forcibly dig the rest out from you.

Now that we've dispensed with the pleasantries... please proceed
                    Ouch! i think i should just stay where i am! :X HAHAH... ok... i do understand the term "potong" and "stim" but.. Wha do they mean when it;s placed together?
                    I will keep it coming though... i am going to run out of leave after sunday! I will make sure i update this and try to finish this whole korean drama mama story by the end of this week!

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                    Very nice introduction. All that is needed to make this Hollywood perfect is a chase scene through an airport, a rushed kiss at the gate and... cut to a montage of 3 years later of a life renewed.

I watch too many damn rom-coms.
                    If only i could turn this into the movie, i'll add in all that you've just input! And if it gets into hollywood, i'd give you a slice of the pie

Comment

I must admit i am hooked on this TR. I could turn this into a novel

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                        k... i do understand the term "potong" and "stim" but.. Wha do they mean when it;s placed together?
                        it's venacular and slang. You just gotta google it cause truth be told it's a tad rude

Comment

Nice soarbeyond,
                          Exciting story, btw will u include the trip to Japan on this TR?
                          Thanks

Comment

Excellent, SoarBeyond! How refreshing to read a TR with a plot! Continue please!

Comment

When I read "Well... upon hearing that... everything went into a spiral..." I was like, dude, come on, don't give up so easily, especially since she didn't mention she had a bf at first .. then when I read on, I was like:

Comment

Working...
                              X