SQTalk page formatting, vis-a-vis downloading of photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQTalk page formatting, vis-a-vis downloading of photos

As we know, pages on SQT "skip" downwards everytime a photo loads. Especially in the case of long photo trip reports on slow connections, this makes the entire thread effectively unreadable until the whole content has loaded.

I don't know the technical terminology for this, but is it possible to immediately format the page size with the photo frame outlines (eliminating the "skipping"), during the time the actual photos are downloading.

I hope my description of the issue is clear?

P.S. Longer term, is there a possibility of a SQ Talk "lite" version for viewing on mobile devices??

One solution *may* be when the first picture starts to download, hit the STOP button on your browser. That's what I do anyway when I browse a TR from a mobile phone.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      One solution *may* be when the first picture starts to download, hit the STOP button on your browser. That's what I do anyway when I browse a TR from a mobile phone.
      Yup I do that sometimes too... But sometimes I really want to see the photos!

Comment

If you disable images in your settings, I think you get links to the pictures which you can click on as you please.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          As we know, pages on SQT "skip" downwards everytime a photo loads. Especially in the case of long photo trip reports on slow connections, this makes the entire thread effectively unreadable until the whole content has loaded.

I don't know the technical terminology for this, but is it possible to immediately format the page size with the photo frame outlines (eliminating the "skipping"), during the time the actual photos are downloading.

I hope my description of the issue is clear?

P.S. Longer term, is there a possibility of a SQ Talk "lite" version for viewing on mobile devices??

No this is no possible because of the data flow. The only way you have to improve the situation is to use a very fast connection (T3 or above).
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
          X