Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26th December - Boxing Day

Hi All,

Is this day a public holiday in singapore? Are banks operational as normal?

Also is flying from SYD-SIN on this day very busy pax load wise normally?

Thanks,
    K.

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    K.
    Not a public Holiday.

Banks are operational as normal.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks,
      K.
      Huge loads depart Australia on Boxing Day. There won't be an empty seat out of SYD on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Huge loads depart Australia on Boxing Day. There won't be an empty seat out of SYD on that day.
        Ok thx. Can I ask why Boxing Day has huge loads departing Sydney?

Comment

Ok thx. Can I ask why Boxing Day has huge loads departing Sydney?
          Not just Sydney any Australian airport, most business here close a few days before Christmas and stay closed for 2 week. People stay to spend Christmas with family and then head off for holidays on Boxing Day.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
            Not just Sydney any Australian airport
            Good to know this and to avoid this in future. Will be on MEL-SIN on boxing day, lucky to get my redemption booking cleared then.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
              Good to know this and to avoid this in future. Will be on MEL-SIN on boxing day, lucky to get my redemption booking cleared then.
              Same here but I’m Syd-sin on Boxing Day. Also award booking in j X 3. Lucky to get 3 J’s. I couldn’t get any other dates which I thought was weird AJ ce Boxing Day was very popular.

Is your redemption also in premium cabins?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                Not just Sydney any Australian airport, most business here close a few days before Christmas and stay closed for 2 week. People stay to spend Christmas with family and then head off for holidays on Boxing Day.
                I would like to add further that not just any Australian airport, but this pretty much applies to any New Zealand airport as well. Just like in Australia a lot of businesses in NZ close for 2 weeks (some close for 3 weeks) over the X'mas and New Year period. Apparently, Auckland Airport have warned that Friday 21st Dec is going to be the busiest travel day of the year, given a lot of businesses finish off for the year on that day, so heaps of people will be travelling - a lot will be heading to spend X'mas with family and loved ones... The next "wave" of people travelling would be Boxing Day as mentioned by the @SQ228 and @SQ217...

Comment

Do SQ tend to do op upgrades on boxing day due to loads?

Comment

Same here but I’m Syd-sin on Boxing Day. Also award booking in j X 3. Lucky to get 3 J’s. I couldn’t get any other dates which I thought was weird AJ ce Boxing Day was very popular.

Is your redemption also in premium cabins?
                    Yes, I'm having 4J and 1F redemption on that day. 4F booked 330 days in advance, while the 1F (booked much later) cleared recently.

According to my seat maps, F looks full on my flight, but J still looks to have empty seats, so the probably op up is probably Y to PY or PY to J.

Comment

Do SQ tend to do op upgrades on boxing day due to loads?
                      Whilst not strictly about extra flights on Boxing Day, and not sure about the OZ flights, but SQ have, in the past years, and continuing with this year, mounted extra flights to CHC during the summer travel months. Not sure if there is a flight on Boxing Day though. As for AKL, summer season sees SQ285/286 upgauged to an A380 (from a 77WR). And beginning this summer (i.e. started in Nov), SQ and their alliance partner NZ have mounted extra flights on the SIN-AKL routes, such that between NZ and SQ they operate a combined total of 3x daily SIN-AKL - SQ with 2 flights SQ285/286 on an A380 and SQ281/282 on a 77WR, whereas NZ operate once daily NZ283/284 on a 789.

Comment

Thanks guys. Here's hoping the J cabin won't be cramped full of people

Comment

I figure if you're in J....even if every seat is full it won't feel packed. Its in Y where the 'action' will be hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                            I figure if you're in J....even if every seat is full it won't feel packed. Its in Y where the 'action' will be hahahaha.
                            Lol. Am I dreaming that we will get upgraded to F? haha there are 3 of us. I don’t think that has ever happened has it?

Comment

26th December is traditionally the busiest day of Australians travelling out of cities as they finished their family gatherings on 25th then drive/fly out for holidays.
                              Therefore, I can expect every flight out of Australia on 26th will be full of passengers.
                              Also if you are travelling from Sydney, please catch the train as roads could be congested around the airport. You are encouraged to use a Opal Card with just more than $4 credit to avoid a higher fare.
                              Having said that, as we all know, 24th December is going to be International Sick Leave Day, where no one (including Singaporeans and Australians and alike) will be at work in offices, so there might be people who would have taken the long weekend and leave on 22nd instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X