SQTalk

SQTalk (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All About Singapore Airlines (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14645)

concept|infinit 18th March 2015 01:57 PM

SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Logged into SQ's site to make some amendments to an upcoming booking earlier and was asked if I'd like to try out the Beta version of their new website.

I guess a thread for for experiences on their "newest" website is warranted

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/...pscdycmqc2.jpg

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/...pscyr51pwb.jpg

All worked fine for me so far. The design looks very similar to the old one.

Then again, I'm probably one of the lucky ones who didn't experience any problems with their old website:tongue3:

demue 18th March 2015 04:11 PM

Had a look at http://beta.singaporeair.com. Flight booking seems a tad streamlined with the date calendar selection and all plus slightly different selection of revenue versus award booking. I didn't progress much further yet than the flight selection page, but already found a shortcoming that existed in the current site not fixed in the new one.

When you pull up flights the screen displays a max of 8 flights for a day in one direction. Nice and mostly fine, but CGK has 9 flights and KUL 10 IIRC. Hence one is never able to book the last flight of the day to CGK or from CGK online. Similar for KUL.

I mean I reported it via feedback multiple times over the years and nothing, so I guess I had too high expectations when I thought a new version would fix this simple, but annoying issue. :rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see if they finally mange to enable mixed class online bookings. Got to try it out another day. Not holding my breath though. if it is merely look and feel and maybe faster / optimized loading then that would be a wasted opportunity.

KC* 18th March 2015 06:35 PM

Looks distressingly like the current site. :frown:

inix 18th March 2015 08:14 PM

I don't think they have fully updated the site. Most links seem to use back the old interface. I think they are taking it very slow this time.

viraj735 18th March 2015 09:27 PM

Clicked "Plan and Book" on the Beta site and I assume that I was redirected to the old website when this showed up!

Hey look, a sale!

http://i.gyazo.com/77a7b6f8439a9e52005a9f1d7e669a40.png

SQGamespeed 19th March 2015 12:07 AM

I love how there is a line that asks "Prefer our current website?", followed by a "Go back" button. :biggrin:

grignard 19th March 2015 08:33 PM

I tried their new website...logged into my KF account and clicked home. New beta website shows up...all is well.

Try this...click on the bottom right hand corner where New Krisflyer Lounge...and it brings you to a new page. Check whether your KF account is still under the same name. I got someone's KF account name on my website when i did that.

KC* 19th March 2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grignard (Post 192355)
I tried their new website...logged into my KF account and clicked home. New beta website shows up...all is well.

Try this...click on the bottom right hand corner where New Krisflyer Lounge...and it brings you to a new page. Check whether your KF account is still under the same name. I got someone's KF account name on my website when i did that.

Horrors!!! You're right. Same thing happened to me. :5eek:

SilverChris 20th March 2015 08:48 AM

Let the fun begin :biggrin:

Kyo 20th March 2015 10:41 AM

So far still showing my own account... hopefully they squashed that bug fast.

StarG 8th April 2015 01:18 AM

New website (2015)

So I was checking in for my flight today and there was an offer to try the beta version of the new website.

beta.singaporeair.com

More sections will be rolled out in phases so some are still presented in the current format.

Let's hope this one works much, much, much better than the current one when it was introduced. :biggrin:

What do you all think about the new design? :smile:

CarbonMan 8th April 2015 01:46 PM

Am glad they're catering to the presbyopic group by making everything bigger on the frontpage. Every other page seems to be the same.

Dickson 20th April 2015 01:47 PM

SIA eases transition from old to new website
PUBLISHED ON APR 20, 2015 12:42 AM
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...bsite-20150420

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) has launched a new website, but is making the transition from old to new gradually to avoid the problems that ensued during the last overhaul four years ago.

The website had to be taken down for more than an hour then because of software bugs after it was rolled out on May 22, 2011. Months later, customers continued to face problems when booking flights or retrieving flight and travel information.

To avoid teething problems this time, SIA launched a beta website - still in the development stage - while continuing to offer customers the current version.

SIA has learnt well from the previous website redesign, said associate professor of marketing Seshan Ramaswami of the Singapore Management University.

"Even if the changes are supposedly for the better, there is a certain amount of inconvenience in having to relearn how to go through the site... So, it is a great idea to let consumers grow into the system slowly," he said.

While noting that SIA will have to switch completely to the new site at some point, having both for an interim period is a very customer-friendly idea, he said.

SIA spokesman Nicholas Ionides told The Straits Times that the website revamp, which started about two months ago, will be rolled out in phases this year and part of next year.

He said: "We have placed the customer at the centre of this redesign project, and the delivery of the new website in a beta environment allows for continual tweaks and enhancements to improve the user experience and design, based on feedback from our customers."

SIA said it is working with several vendors on the revamp, but declined to name them.

Most travellers who tried the new version said they like the less cluttered homepage, which also has a bigger font size. It is also user-friendly and easy to navigate, they said.

Mr Sim Kok Chwee, an aviation enthusiast and freelance writer who travels regularly on different carriers, said the website now has a lot of useful information, such as the seat layout for SIA aircraft, a world clock, a currency converter, weather information and immigration information for different cities.

"Under the plan-and-book function, there is also a travel guide for each destination with a list of hotels, restaurants, events happening and even suggested itineraries. This is very useful," the 54-year-old said.

"It is also stated clearly which flights are operated by SIA and which by partner or codeshare carriers. For many other airlines, this information is not available when making a booking."

However, marketing executive Jenny Lee, 26, was less impressed. She said: "The old and new look the same to me."

yflyer 20th April 2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickson (Post 192928)
However, marketing executive Jenny Lee, 26, was less impressed. She said: "The old and new look the same to me."

:biggrin:

saobangpo 21st April 2015 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC* (Post 192327)
Looks distressingly like the current site. :frown:

that was my impression as well

Dickson 23rd April 2015 09:19 PM

Hmmm ... I wonder if this is a (good) sign of things to come.
I logged into my account, and was tinkling around the OLD website to do a dummy booking, just to check the latest airfare. I didn't proceed to book since I was just checking and closed the browser.
Later, I got an email from Singaporeair noting that I didn't complete my reservation, and showed the entire dummy booking itinery & the airfare, with a one-click button for me to proceed to book.
Impressed ???

viraj735 23rd April 2015 11:54 PM

I think those follow up emails have been around for a while now.

StarG 11th May 2015 03:51 PM

Hmm... it seems weird that now it takes one more click to enter our KF number and password and log onto our KF accounts. It used to be right there on the top left corner.
I thought every website improvement should result in less clicks and faster navigation into the information we need to get to.

StarG 20th May 2015 01:46 AM

Seat selection function - moving between flights using the tabs on top keep getting to error messages.
BTC not featured as an option for meal selection.

KC* 23rd May 2015 10:39 PM

I just booked my daughter on a J ticket. But at the Tickets and Reciepts page, it showed cabin class as "economy" when it was actually "business". :eek3:

Not alarming. Not surprising.

Some things don't change.

FN-GM 24th May 2015 05:45 AM

Hmm, searching Book the Cook on the new site returns 0 results...

MAN Flyer 5th July 2015 06:23 PM

Looks like they are intending going fully live with this new site this month.

This could be 'fun', again.....

SQ380 5th July 2015 09:54 PM

Well, I do not think it is really all up and ready for the simple reason that I have been invited to another focus group session....

Dear Mr XXXX

In our commitment to continuously listen to our passengers, Singapore Airlines is pleased to invite you to the next wave of individual interviews to receive your feedback on future design features for our website (Singaporeair.com).

Venue: Customer Service Room
SIA Reservation and Ticketing Office

2 Orchard Turn # 04-04, # 04-05 ION Orchard
Singapore 238801 (above Orchard MRT station)

Please be assured that your answers will be treated in strict confidence. As a token of appreciation, you will receive a S$100 KrisShop e-shopping voucher.

A reply by 22 June 2015 with your preferred time slot (session no) would be much appreciated. We apologise in advance if some time slots become unavailable.

It would be a pleasure to meet you again. We hope that you will be able to join us.

Yours Sincerely

Singapore Airlines
Customer Research

SQ025 6th July 2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer (Post 194548)
Looks like they are intending going fully live with this new site this month.

This could be 'fun', again.....

Iam not looking forwrd to this.

If i click on the beta-version I get this:

Quote:

We can't find the page you're looking for.
Seems to be difficult times ahead...

concept|infinit 3rd August 2015 09:38 AM

I have been using the new website for 3 months now and havent encountered any problems.

Over the last month or so though I have been moving more towards the mobile app which is a great improvement over the earlier one

demue 3rd August 2015 09:54 AM

Well if ticking the "Krisflyer Redemption" box at times takes btw. 5-10 secs for the tick mark to appear then I can't really see how this is so great. Look and feel may be better in some areas, but functionality is still lacking like for mixed class bookings. We'll see.

Kyo 3rd August 2015 11:12 AM

Just got this:

"Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.

You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines Office should you require urgent assistance.

Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
Singapore Airlines"

and clicking on the SilkAir button:

"Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on silkair.com, and are working to rectify the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Your understanding is much appreciated.

Should you require urgent assistance, please contact our call centre at (+65) 6223 8888.

Alternatively you may email us at silkair_websitefeedback@singaporeair.com.sg. Please include the following information in your email:
a. Full name as in passport (with salutation)
b. Flight itinerary (date / destination)
c. Date of birth of child / infant (if applicable)
d. Total fare amount quoted
e. Contact details

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
SilkAir"

tiltonhall 3rd August 2015 02:17 PM

Unable to log in to SQ website today .... trying to make bookings ... arghhh ... will they EVER fix the damn website?

ninervictor 3rd August 2015 02:50 PM

http://i58.tinypic.com/2e37bpg.png

Kyo 3rd August 2015 03:49 PM

That's some major outtage on both portals, during working hours...

milehighj 3rd August 2015 04:14 PM

Seriously, what kind of sh*tty and regressive UI design requires a page reload to enter login details?

viraj735 7th August 2015 01:55 PM

I can't select "one way" as an option on the homepage when trying to redeem miles. From time to time the box gets checked but the return calendar is still visible and if I search for flights it still shows me return options.

SQ228 8th August 2015 11:06 AM

A number of fails and disappointments...

New site seems to have killed off the PDF timetable. Call me old fashioned, but I like to have a document that shows me what is going on when all the interactive searches fail. And fail they have.

Go to the 'Where we fly' map. Leave the 'show partners' box unchecked. Apparently SQ now flies to NIM. Hope that route works out for them and capitalises on all the traffic between Niger and Singapore that has gone to competitors until now.

I checked the 'partners' box. I selected NKC as my origination and MEL as my destination. Clicked 'show flights'. None of the information populated into the next page and instead gave me "please select a valid departure city". Well maybe Nouakchott isn't a valid departure point, but then don't put it on your map!

I tried something easier for the little algorithms to manage. I thought that if I used SIN as my departure point, surely I could be connected to any city on the map. I picked SIN on the map and then clicked on Dakar. Up popped 'Dakar (DKR)' in the right field and it showed me a happy little curved line between the two cities. Clicked 'show flights'. "Please select a valid destination."

No, SQ, how about YOU select a valid destination!!! :cussing:

Metropolitan Airlines 29th August 2015 01:35 PM

May I ask has Singapore Airlines given up on Premium Economy less than 1 month after launch? There's no Premium Economy bookable on their website!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...f48f3952f5cd59

SQ228 29th August 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines (Post 195539)
May I ask has Singapore Airlines given up on Premium Economy less than 1 month after launch? There's no Premium Economy bookable on their website!

The new website is a mess. I have personally had more errors on it so far than I ever had in with the previous disaster of a site.

I tried a multi-city booking on my mobile and it kept insisting on adding another flight and saying I hadn't picked a destination. Kept deleting the extra flight off and it just kept adding it back.

Got on my desktop and managed to pick cities and get a quote. Hit the 3-day fare-calendar and it appears as a jumbled incomprehensible mess of tabs with nothing lining up and trying to then go back to the set of flights generates errors which then crashes the whole search.

Well done SQ for proving you could out-do yourself after the last failure.

demue 30th August 2015 12:26 PM

Yup agree, who would have thought it could get worse after 3+ years of mediocrity? Proven wrong again, having a good hard product and very decent inflight services (mostly) is one thing. A working, easy to use and stable direct sales channel is a nice to have I guess. :(

726 30th August 2015 09:56 PM

it's a downgrade. a half-baked improvement (or is it a downgrade). just as they finished rectifying the old website's errors, they are creating a new problems. if it an't broke, don't fix it.

scooby5 31st August 2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 726 (Post 195559)
if it an't broke, don't fix it.

The last one was still broken. The new one is more broken and I've seen a few epic fails on it already not flying to places they say don't even exist.

SQ025 31st August 2015 10:09 AM

I was under the impression that they wanted to roll-out the new website in July, but it still seems to be a patchwork of old and new website (and a quite messy one). Seems they didn't learn anything from their previous disaster.

SQ228 31st August 2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQ025 (Post 195576)
I was under the impression that they wanted to roll-out the new website in July, but it still seems to be a patchwork of old and new website (and a quite messy one). Seems they didn't learn anything from their previous disaster.

Summed up perfectly! :thumbsup: