X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yflyer
    replied
    Updated coverage of the BKK SilverKris Lounge

Updated coverage of the BKK SilverKris Lounge, from a visit in August 2019, can be found in a TR here.

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    Wow, instant TG --> SQ status match!
    I spend too much time in TG FCL...

Leave a comment:

• yflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    The bar tender used to be from TG FCL...... instantly recognises me when I went in and greeted with a wai .... then told his mate... "he's from the FCL"...
    Wow, instant TG --> SQ status match!

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
    I agree with PPSFlyer and quite enjoyed the lounge the last time I was there earlier this year. The tendered bar is certainly a nice element and I wish all lounges would feature it. He mad some great cocktails. The food was pretty good too.
    The bar tender used to be from TG FCL...... instantly recognises me when I went in and greeted with a wai .... then told his mate... "he's from the FCL"...

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    It wasn't very good.
    It's not very good, I popped into the lounge today and tried.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SKU
    replied
    Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
    Personally prefer the new lounge to the old one. Much bigger and more spacious, compared to the previous one which seemed so crammed up. Also love the cocktail bar where I can get some drinks before boarding. Foodwise, I thought it was ok. The local food section which I tried before: Mee Siam, chicken rice and Laksa (IIRC), were all pretty decent.
    I agree with PPSFlyer and quite enjoyed the lounge the last time I was there earlier this year. The tendered bar is certainly a nice element and I wish all lounges would feature it. He mad some great cocktails. The food was pretty good too.

Leave a comment:

• PPSFlyer
    replied
    Personally prefer the new lounge to the old one. Much bigger and more spacious, compared to the previous one which seemed so crammed up. Also love the cocktail bar where I can get some drinks before boarding. Foodwise, I thought it was ok. The local food section which I tried before: Mee Siam, chicken rice and Laksa (IIRC), were all pretty decent.

Leave a comment:

• Bytor
    replied
    I was in there last month and I thought it was pretty awful. The food was dire, even the Thai food was poor. I lived in Bangkok for 3 years and never had duff food then, or in all my visits, until the dreadful massaman curry in that lounge. The old one was way better.

Leave a comment:

• yflyer
    replied
    Coverage and pictures of the new BKK SilverKris Lounge in a TR here...

Leave a comment:

• lcpteck
    replied
    Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    Just visited this lounge. I was quite impressed. Agree with MAN Flyer that this is a big improvement over the previous BKK lounge. One of the better outstation SQ lounges. TR soon...
    It definitely looks nice though, too bad no showers.

Leave a comment:

• lcpteck
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    It wasn't very good.
    Just tried it last night, you're right...

Leave a comment:

• yflyer
    replied
    Just visited this lounge. I was quite impressed. Agree with MAN Flyer that this is a big improvement over the previous BKK lounge. One of the better outstation SQ lounges. TR soon...

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    The only reason I will go into this lounge will be to have laksa, if its available...
    It wasn't very good.

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    The capacity is clearly larger but the problem that will bring is the large numbers of TG pax who don't want to use their crappy JCL lounges.
    The only reason I will go into this lounge will be to have laksa, if its available...

Leave a comment:

• SQtraveller
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

The capacity is clearly larger but the problem that will bring is the large numbers of TG pax who don't want to use their crappy JCL lounges.
    post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X