No announcement yet.

KrisFlyer Devaluation: Changes to KrisFlyer Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, people. It'll all get better when...

the PPS cull completes (PPS benefits will be restored; God-like treatment);

more A380s and 77Ws deliver (reduced KF award levels); and

T4 opens (world class lounges).

So stop whinging!

(I'm amused by the renaming so soon of the "unrestricted" awards (weren't SQ so generous at the time to introduce these giving us more availability!). What next in a year or so ? Ultimate, not so full, standard and saver awards ? )

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      (I'm amused by the renaming so soon of the "unrestricted" awards (weren't SQ so generous at the time to introduce these giving us more availability!). What next in a year or so ? Ultimate, not so full, standard and saver awards ? )
      I prefer StarG's suggestion of "Beyond" First, Business and Economy, with requisite benefits higher than the equivalent paid tickets...

Comment

The SQ spin doctors need a bit more imagination. Giving the title

Enhancements to KrisFlyer Redemption

to the email announcement is so cliche. Don't they know 'enhancements' is by now an ironic term among frequent flyers?
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

to the email announcement is so cliche. Don't they know 'enhancements' is by now an ironic term among frequent flyers?
          Quick definitions (enhancement)

noun: an improvement that makes something more agreeable

SQ didn't say who will be more agreeable / benefit, did they?

Comment

The more I look at it, the fact that they renamed unrestricted to "Standard" award. It would definitely be the new standard and double miles will be the way of the future.
            A sad day for all KF members.

Comment

The more reason we should burn all our KF miles ASAP.....

Comment

There have been hints recently of such a change, e.g.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...48&postcount=5
                http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=10

And there was a post on SQT by someone but I can't find it now.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Indeed.

As soon as I even saw the 'E' word this morning my immediate thought was 'Oh sh*t, what now'...
                  Last edited by MAN Flyer; 17 September 2008, 12:29 AM.

Comment

This is a competitive reaction to QF's changes which made QF's FF scheme less generous to SQ's, so SQ have evened up the field. Expect SQ to significantly reduce availability of premium class redemptions for saver and standard awards just like QF has done to force the use of more points to redeem seats. I predict that customer reaction to both QF and SQ will be to ignore FF schemes when booking seats in future and simply buy the most competitively priced ticket on any airline for the class being flown. This will ultimately be bad news for QF and SQ who already sell the highest priced tickets in the world for premium classes.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      A Full Award in First Class SIN-LON-SIN is charged at 972.000 miles.
                      So, has anyone seen a million-mile redemption yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        So, has anyone seen a million-mile redemption yet?
                        A full award in F from Australia/NZ to europe is well over 1 million miles return.

Comment

Unless SQ allows it's PPS & KF members to earn points the same way as BD, Full awards will be out of reach for most people.

Comment

Question! Could the one-way redemption enjoy the 15% off of the actual miles required?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Indeed.

As soon as I even saw the 'E' word this morning my immediate thought was 'Oh sh*t, what now'...
                              Let's hope SQ really make good on this... If they do, it's not such a bad situation:

6. With the introduction of the Full award, will there be fewer seats available for the Saver award and Standard award?
                              No, seats for the Full award will be made available in addition to the seats set aside for the Saver award and Standard award.

As for the renaming to Standard award, I think this change mostly applies to Business and First Class Travelers, as more and more aircrafts are configured with the new seats

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                                Do SQ and QF recruit their staff from the same School of Bean Counting or what?
                                You forgot to mention Delta Airlines.

Starting this month of September, DL SkyMiles introduces three award levels: discounted, expanded, and last seat. As an example, an award from North America to Asia roundtrip will require 120,000 miles, 240,000 miles, and 370,000 miles respectively.

Comment

Working...
                                X