Waitlist on Redemption booking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlist on Redemption booking

Anyone having luck booking using redemption points recently? All my dummy bookings to look for any availability all showing waitlist for travel in January.

I’m waitlisted for SQ25 for next month in JCL. Booked it back in May and have called SQ for a chaser. The agent said the book load looks good but still, I’m a tad bit nervous that I haven’t heard anything from SQ yet. Called them
    again yesterday and ironically, theres an automated recording at the beginning of the call that says something along the lines “unable to assist with waitlist bookings” or something like that. Has anyone else been cleared the waitlist recently?

Comment

I've given on it plus with the uncertainty to the opening of Japan's border swayed the decision to book somewhere else. Confirmed on all sectors on savers.

Comment

Seems harder now. All my waitlists have not cleared, save one (which I didn't use because I gave up and redeemed another ticket), for the past 5 months. It is also not possible to extend ticketing deadlines like in the past anymore, when CSOs were much more flexible and helpful. I can't say I like how things are heading.

Comment

I have gotten my Advantage Award on J class from SIN-ICN cleared during Xmas period automatically by system recently. But lately, it is not easy to get waitlist cleared on redemption ticket. I had waitlist on revenue ticket and didn't clear as well from SIN-PEN. Agent will no longer send chaser or extend ticketing deadline. I guess everyone is requesting for such and they decided to put a stop on this. Even extending ticketing deadline for revenue ticket issuance is "subject to approval" now.

Comment

My waitlists for JFK-SIN and SFO-SIN for August 31st didn’t clear. Ended up sitting in economy…….At this point, cash is king to SQ.

Comment

Working...
            X