Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ now allows for partial milleage accrual on restricted Y tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ now allows for partial milleage accrual on restricted Y tickets?

Some generosity here

Was booking my flights to Tokyo in Y and it seems like SQ is offering 10% milleage for Super Deals fares and 50% for Super Deals. Previously both fare classes were strictly non milleage accruable.

Super Deals

Sweet Deals

A letter promptly arrives from KF

Earn KrisFlyer Miles on More Economy Class Flights

We are delighted to announce that you can soon earn KrisFlyer miles on certain promotional Economy Class fares on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.

When you book an Economy Class flight on Singapore Airlines under ‘Sweet Deals’ and ‘Super Deals’, you will receive 50% and 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles respectively. When you book an Economy Class flight under ‘Hot Deals’ on SilkAir, you will also receive either 50% or 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles, depending on your booking class. These promotional fares will, however, not be eligible for the additional tier bonus.

You can start earning KrisFlyer miles for flights booked under the above-mentioned fare types for flights departing on or after 1 April 2012, regardless of when you booked your flight.

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Singapore Airlines again soon.

Comment

with the usual caveats ...

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I booked my flight on Singapore Airlines which will depart after 1 April 2012 under ‘Sweet Deals’ a few months ago. Will I earn KrisFlyer miles?
      A: Yes. As long as your flight departs on or after 1 April 2012, regardless of when you made the booking, you can earn 50% of applicable KrisFlyer miles. However this fare will not be eligible for additional tier bonus.

Q: I booked my flight on SilkAir which will depart after 1 April 2012 under ‘Hot Deals’. How many KrisFlyer miles will I earn?
      A: You will receive 50% of applicable KrisFlyer miles if you booked your flight on N or Q booking class, and 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles if you booked your flight on T or V booking class. Please refer to your electronic ticket to find out which booking class you are booked on.

Q: Will I earn Elite miles when I book for flights under ‘Sweet Deals’ and ‘Super Deals’ on Singapore Airlines, or ‘Hot Deals’ on SilkAir?
      A: Yes, like earning KrisFlyer miles, you will receive Elite miles equivalent to 50% or 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles, depending on the booking class on which you booked your flight.

Q: Will PPS Club, KrisFlyer Elite Silver and Elite Gold members receive additional membership tier bonus for flights booked under ‘Sweet Deals’ and ‘Super Deals’ on Singapore Airlines, or ‘Hot Deals’ on SilkAir?
      A: No, as these are promotional fares, the additional membership tier bonus will not be applicable.

Comment

Maybe the penny has finally dropped, they need to start enticing people more. This announcement combined with many cheaper fares out of Australia for most of this year if booked soon has to be good for business in my opinion.

Comment

now if only Thai would do the same for W and V class
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

When will we see 400% for R, 300% for F, 200% for J?

Comment

I think this is a nice move for those of us who fly Y.

Super Deals fares are normally dirt cheap. I just paid S$646 for my flight to Tokyo. Delta, United, JAL, ANA who all fly SIN-TYO were more expensive than that, even their promotional fares. May not mean much but its nice to get 10% of the miles rather than nothing.

The Sweet Deals fares are also reasonable at S$1,050 and you now get 50% rather than 0 previously. I think this fare bracket would be a lot more attractive now to many leisure consumers.. A little more expensive than their competitiors but you now get 50% of the miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                When will we see 400% for R, 300% for F, 200% for J?
                When they double, triple and quadruple the miles required to redeem Savers.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  When they double, triple and quadruple the miles required to redeem Savers.
                  Scheduled Maintenance for singaporeair.com - KrisFlyer Services Unavailable

All KrisFlyer-related services will be unavailable on Sunday, 18 March 2012, from 0100hrs to 0425hrs Singapore Time (Saturday, 17 March 2012, from 1700hrs to 2025hrs GMT) due to scheduled system maintenance.

During this period, PPS Club and KrisFlyer members will not be able to log into their accounts to retrieve their bookings or perform KrisFlyer services, such as redemption of award flights and upgrades and retroactive mileage claims.

Offline account enquiries and services will also not be available at this time.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------

And I can't access my krisflyer account right now. May be early maintenance schedule?

Comment

Just got an email from The PPS Club:

We are delighted to announce that you can soon earn KrisFlyer miles on certain promotional Economy Class fares on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.

When you book an Economy Class flight on Singapore Airlines under ‘Sweet Deals’ and ‘Super Deals’, you will receive 50% and 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles respectively. When you book an Economy Class flight under ‘Hot Deals’ on SilkAir, you will also receive either 50% or 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles, depending on your booking class. These promotional fares will, however, not be eligible for the additional tier bonus.

You can start earning KrisFlyer miles for flights booked under the above-mentioned fare types for flights departing on or after 1 April 2012, regardless of when you booked your flight.

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Singapore Airlines again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Shirlene Teo
                    Manager Loyalty Marketing
                    Singapore Airlines
                    ....ETA : and just seen it's already been posted.

Comment

i'd be more delighted if they allowed upgrades hehe

Comment

Appears to be KF-only. Other FFPs don't seem to be allowing accrual on these fare buckets.

Comment

Actually I think what SQ (and other airlines) should do is count that super dirt fare toward tier qualificationand not rewards miles.

The program is FREQUENT flyer. If someone always fly on the cheapest airfare he is still the frequent flyer but now he will not be recongnized as one
                          visit my blog

Comment

It was ultimately a good news for passenger travelling on economy class, finally able to accrual mileage for their flight, but after reading thru the fine print, it indicate that "G" booking class are not eligible for mileage accrual, which I find it totally unacceptable, here are my points.

1. We booked a group tour to Europe for a family of 4, ticket issued under "G" booking class, fare reflected at $1150 plus $717.30 taxes/fuel surcharges amount to $1867.30 per person, after my investigation, fare is the same as "N" booking class.

Now, with the introduction of the new accruability policy, "N" booking class able to accrual 50% of the mileage, while "G" booking class is non, and to make thing worst "V" class can even get 10% mileage, while "G" booking is zero!

My question is, most Singaporean love to join package tours for travel, and bulk of the ticket thru travel agency is booked under "G" class, so why should group passenger not able to enjoy the perk of FFP if they are not really paying "Rock Bottom" fare?

If fare $1288* for Milan able to accrual mileage, I don't see why we paying $1867.30* not able to get even a single mile in our FFP?

If "N" & "G" booking class is common rated fare, then why SQ is instructing the travel agency to book under "G" class and not "N" class?

*Inclusive of taxes/surcharges.

Thank you!

Comment

Yours Sincerely,

Shirlene Teo
                              Manager Loyalty Marketing
                              Singapore Airlines

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I booked my flight on Singapore Airlines which will depart after 1 April 2012 under ‘Sweet Deals’ a few months ago. Will I earn KrisFlyer miles?
                              A: Yes. As long as your flight departs on or after 1 April 2012, regardless of when you made the booking, you can earn 50% of applicable KrisFlyer miles. However this fare will not be eligible for additional tier bonus.

Q: I booked my flight on SilkAir which will depart after 1 April 2012 under ‘Hot Deals’. How many KrisFlyer miles will I earn?
                              A: You will receive 50% of applicable KrisFlyer miles if you booked your flight on N or Q booking class, and 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles if you booked your flight on T or V booking class. Please refer to your electronic ticket to find out which booking class you are booked on.

Q: Will I earn Elite miles when I book for flights under ‘Sweet Deals’ and ‘Super Deals’ on Singapore Airlines, or ‘Hot Deals’ on SilkAir?
                              A: Yes, like earning KrisFlyer miles, you will receive Elite miles equivalent to 50% or 10% of applicable KrisFlyer miles, depending on the booking class on which you booked your flight.

Q: Will PPS Club, KrisFlyer Elite Silver and Elite Gold members receive additional membership tier bonus for flights booked under ‘Sweet Deals’ and ‘Super Deals’ on Singapore Airlines, or ‘Hot Deals’ on SilkAir?
                              A: No, as these are promotional fares, the additional membership tier bonus will not be applicable.

Not sure if it is the same if we choose to clock the miles for SQ flights on Star Alliance partner airlines' frequent flyer programs like United Mileage Plus, ANA Mileage Club etc...
                              Last edited by vsepr; 15 March 2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X