Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ now allows for partial milleage accrual on restricted Y tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasonahl View Post
    It was ultimately a good news for passenger travelling on economy class, finally able to accrual mileage for their flight, but after reading thru the fine print, it indicate that "G" booking class are not eligible for mileage accrual, which I find it totally unacceptable, here are my points.

1. We booked a group tour to Europe for a family of 4, ticket issued under "G" booking class, fare reflected at $1150 plus $717.30 taxes/fuel surcharges amount to $1867.30 per person, after my investigation, fare is the same as "N" booking class.

Now, with the introduction of the new accruability policy, "N" booking class able to accrual 50% of the mileage, while "G" booking class is non, and to make thing worst "V" class can even get 10% mileage, while "G" booking is zero!

My question is, most Singaporean love to join package tours for travel, and bulk of the ticket thru travel agency is booked under "G" class, so why should group passenger not able to enjoy the perk of FFP if they are not really paying "Rock Bottom" fare?

If fare $1288* for Milan able to accrual mileage, I don't see why we paying $1867.30* not able to get even a single mile in our FFP?

If "N" & "G" booking class is common rated fare, then why SQ is instructing the travel agency to book under "G" class and not "N" class?

*Inclusive of taxes/surcharges.

Thank you!
    Maybe cause the travel agency takes a cut of the fare whereas SQ gets the whole fee?

Comment

Thank you Kris,

The fare that disseminate to travel agency by SQ, Agency are required to add on a service/documentation fees amount to the ticket and sell it to their customer, so that amount of $1867.30 is the net amount payable to SIA, which is the same as the internet fare.

I am still wondering, does any of the SQ management staff read these thread, if they do, are they doing something to it?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
        Appears to be KF-only. Other FFPs don't seem to be allowing accrual on these fare buckets.
        Can anyone verify this please

Comment

Originally posted by jasonahl View Post
          Thank you Kris,

The fare that disseminate to travel agency by SQ, Agency are required to add on a service/documentation fees amount to the ticket and sell it to their customer, so that amount of $1867.30 is the net amount payable to SIA, which is the same as the internet fare.

I am still wondering, does any of the SQ management staff read these thread, if they do, are they doing something to it?

Thank you!
          Typically The net fare the agent pays is 5% less than the internet fare (excluding taxes) .
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            Typically The net fare the agent pays is 5% less than the internet fare (excluding taxes) .
            I thought SQ did away with the agent's commission. Did they capitulate?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              I thought SQ did away with the agent's commission. Did they capitulate?
              They certainly pay commission in the Australian market. If they didn't they would lose a huge amount of business. Thai remains one of the most generous here.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
              X