Redemption on Virgin/Star Alliance LAX-LHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption on Virgin/Star Alliance LAX-LHR

Has anyone had experience booking a redemption flight between LAX-LHR on either Virgin Atlantic or Star Alliance carrier like Air New Zealand or United?

I have slightly over 100K miles and have been trying to use them for an European trip around Fall (late August/early Sept). Upper class on Virgin is 100K miles and 95K miles for Star Alliance flights - so this would be convenient for me.

However, when I called up their customer service, they could not find any available seats (upper, prem economy or even economy) on any of these flights for that period. I went as far as late Sept looking for availability, but no luck. There was some availability in October but only for the return flights (LHR-LAX) on VS!

The lady told me to try calling later saying that seats may open up at other times. So I am wondering if it is a better strategy to call closer to the date of departure?

If anyone has experience booking redemption tickets either in this sector or on Star Alliance partners/Virgin partners and can share, I'll really appreciate it.

Thank you.
Working...
X