• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Sssshh...!
    Thinking about it, I think I've seen mention of this RTW before. SuperFlyBoy posted a sample itinerary on TOF a while back but I assume that then got scuppered by the ex-DEL taxes.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    I think this one is a bit restrictive. As you can see, you have to find your own-way from JFK/EWR to LAX/SFO/YVR. Also, for your example, the seperate tix for LHR-FRA. Not to forget, a shord period ticket validity.
    Yes it's quite restrictive. Still much cheaper than CRWSTAR though (at least a 3 grand diff ex-MEL). I'm thinking of buying those *A Euro/NA explorer tickets in Y (or whatever the economy bucket is) if i use the SQ RTW fare in D.

edited to add - I found some of the rules:

No restrictions on number of stopovers, but you must take a minimum of 3 and ticket is valid up to 1 year.

Travel must be in a continous direction and via North/Central Pacific.

Please be aware that some surcharges will apply on direct flights from Singapore to New York or Los Angeles. Travel must be on direct services via the Pacific Ocean in one direction.

Only one stopover may be made at the same city and no city can be transited more than once, except for Singapore to enable you to return to the country of origin.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 18 January 2007, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    There's an SQ RTW (both D and A) ex-Australia. Sample routing: MEL-SIN-LHR/FRA-JFK/LAX-TPE-SIN-MEL. It could be available in other countries too but I'm not sure. The rules require you to use SQ 100%. It's good value too - I just hope the fare doesn't rise too much by the time I am ready for another big trip.

Haven't read the rules in great detail but I think they're fairly restrictive. Additional transfers to Asia from SIN allowed but incurs extra fees.
    I think this one is a bit restrictive. As you can see, you have to find your own-way from JFK/EWR to LAX/SFO/YVR. Also, for your example, the seperate tix for LHR-FRA. Not to forget, a shord period ticket validity.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    There's an SQ RTW (both D and A) ex-Australia. Sample routing: MEL-SIN-LHR/FRA-JFK/LAX-TPE-SIN-MEL. It could be available in other countries too but I'm not sure. The rules require you to use SQ 100%. It's good value too (a lot cheaper than SQ/VS, SQ/VS/NZ or CRWSTAR) - I just hope the fare doesn't rise too much by the time I am ready for another big trip.

Haven't read the rules in great detail but I think they're fairly restrictive. Additional transfers to Asia from SIN allowed but incurs extra fees.

Has anyone else come across this SQ-only RTW? SQ 100%!
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 18 January 2007, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Unlimited transits ? Does that mean I can rack up a large amount of PPS sectors (more than on a RWSTAR) by transiting SIN to all the nearby destinations ?
    Sssshh...!

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
    Are you actually allow to transit SIN more than 2 times...? I thought that the Star Alliance either Circle Pacific & Round The World fares rules aren't allow that...!
    3 transfers allowed through SIN, unless you started there, in which case it's 0.

Edit for clarity: This is for RWSTARS/CCA and CCP's
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 18 January 2007, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Unlimited transits ? Does that mean I can rack up a large amount of PPS sectors (more than on a RWSTAR) by transiting SIN to all the nearby destinations ?

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
    Are you actually allow to transit SIN more than 2 times...? I thought that the Star Alliance either Circle Pacific & Round The World fares rules aren't allow that...!
    On the SQ/VS RTW, yes. One stopover and unlimited transits per city. 29K mileage limit and you can buy an extra 4.5k miles in multiples of 1.5k

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    I don't know about the other fares but the maximum I was allowed to transit SIN on a RWSTAR was 3 times. I did:

...-FRA-SIN-CGK-SIN-SGN-SIN-PEK-...

Leave a comment:

• SQTalker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    If on SQ metal, then how ? Other than SIN-EWR/JFK-FRA-SIN of course!
    DEL-SIN-ICN-SIN-EWR-JFK-FRA-SIN-CGK-SIN-DEL

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    SFO special gathering in the making?
    Well, if you can specify where you want to be for this RTW trip, may be we all can chip in for the routing possibilities as always.

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    I think I prefer your first one - more my kind of destinations and I've never been to SFO!

Will sit down when I have time and do some thinking...

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Well, of course if you want to push it, I have other suggestion:

FRA
    JFK
    EWR
    SIN
    AKL
    SIN
    SYD
    SIN
    LHR

All on SQ... about 38,440 miles total.

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    I have a SQ/VS CRTW with 100% BIS on SQ
    If on SQ metal, then how ? Other than SIN-EWR/JFK-FRA-SIN of course!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X