SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

Good to know. But now and since the last posting and even for the last 6 months, it has not flown anywhere. Hopefully they will return back with the W and Y seats for revenue service. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Are these 2 the only 777Ws in storage now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post

Are these 2 the only 777Ws in storage now ?
      SWM and SWN from my memory during the pandemic got converted to a preighter as the poster mentioned below and was only rostered on cargo flights. They are still not flying anywhere as of now, and they're not stored at ASP.

SWJ, SWK, and SWL are stored at ASP. SWL has already crossed 1 year at ASP, while SWK has been there for 9 months (since Sep 2021) after flying revenue flights and SWL has been stored for probably over a year., SWJ was just reactivated at SIN back in March, but has flown to ASP for storage, just not on any revenue flights. These planes still had the current 4-class configuration. I believe some are leased too, but not sure why it involves flying it to ASP and parking it there.

SWY has not flown since December 2020, and not sure if that will return to service. I remember that it did some cargo flights like to Kathmandu, but anyone know if that is a preighter like SWM and SWN? That's not stored in ASP either as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

SWM and SWN from my memory during the pandemic got converted to a preighter as the poster mentioned below and was only rostered on cargo flights. They are still not flying anywhere as of now, and they're not stored at ASP.

SWJ, SWK, and SWL are stored at ASP. SWL has already crossed 1 year at ASP, while SWK has been there for 9 months (since Sep 2021) after flying revenue flights and SWL has been stored for probably over a year., SWJ was just reactivated at SIN back in March, but has flown to ASP for storage, just not on any revenue flights. These planes still had the current 4-class configuration. I believe some are leased too, but not sure why it involves flying it to ASP and parking it there.

SWY has not flown since December 2020, and not sure if that will return to service. I remember that it did some cargo flights like to Kathmandu, but anyone know if that is a preighter like SWM and SWN? That's not stored in ASP either as far as I know.
        interesting, i wonder why SQ doesn't put more of them back in service....i mean their flight are so full now, why would they still keep these planes stored....

Comment

• 9V-SWD has left the fleet. How about 9V-SWE? Any details of her? Thank you.
          https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• I just read that Air India are to lease six 777ERs for 2 years. I'm betting that these may be the retired 777 from the SQ fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
              9V-SWD has left the fleet. How about 9V-SWE? Any details of her? Thank you.
              9V-SWE has also left fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post

9V-SWE has also left fleet.
                Thank you for the info.
                https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Where are you getting this info? Sometimes when the planes leave the fleet (i.e. 772 or A333), there are pics that the plane could be in all white or if not, have all titles removed before it leaves the fleet.

What about SWF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                    I just read that Air India are to lease six 777ERs for 2 years. I'm betting that these may be the retired 777 from the SQ fleet.
                    Not completely for sure on this. But I did read they could be leasing the 777ER from Delta Airlines/DL (Boeing 777-200LR). Did not stumble anything on the -300ER. They need the -200LR for the ultra long haul flights to SFO, opening up SFO-BLR again, maybe opening up LAX in the future, etc.

Comment

• SWL appears to be returning from ASP and will arrive in SIN on Tuesday evening as SQ8894.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                        SWL appears to be returning from ASP and will arrive in SIN on Tuesday evening as SQ8894.
                        Sounds like a good sign ASP is being cleared of more 777’s from multiple airlines and especially also CX.

SWL returning is a good sign more F routes are just needed since we are in post-pandemic recovery mode. SWK and SWJ would likely also follow suit at some point. SWK has been parked for over a year.

SWM, SWN and SWY are the only inactive planes in SIN that are yet to return to service if we are not including SWD, SWE, SWF.

Comment

• SWL arrived on 30Aug at 9:30PM in Singapore. Let’s see if SQ brings back any other 77W or planes from ASP.

Comment

• how many are left in ASP now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              how many are left in ASP now ?
                              2 more, SWJ and SWK. SWJ has been there since March and SWL a little more than a year.

None of the active frames mentioned are in ASP they’re in SIN idle and not flying anywhere (Not talking about SWD, SWE, SWF).

Comment

• SWL is flying after a couple of weeks in SIN. Hopefully the other few frames like SWJ and SWK can return, too from ASP.

Still looks like no other news on the current idle frames in SIN (SWM, SWN, SWY). They don’t appear to be leased which means at some point or another they’re expected to return back to service.

Comment

Working...
                                X