Best Seat in A-380 C Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Seat in A-380 C Cabin

Guys, what is the best seat in A-380 C Cabin. I prefer in Mini Cabin.

Avoid 11A/K and 12 A/K in the front cabin.

I would go for 15A or K in the front cabin and all the other windows seats in the back cabin except maybe 27A/C/D/K are good. 17A / K will give you the best privacy but they are too close to the galley and can be busy and noisy at times.

Comment

It seems that most SQtalkers like 15K in the A380.

I was wondering whether there's any discernable difference between 14K and 15K? I'm able to choose either, but the one thing i'm iffy about re 15K is the proximity to the washroom, the associated traffic and people mingling ard.

is it an issue to be concerned with, esp on a long 13hr flight? Thanks!

Comment

No discernible noise or 'traffic' when seated in 15K. In fact, this seat feels very private.
        I would always book this seat in the more intimate front cabin.

View from 15k:-

Comment

Is the legrest/footrest on the J seats as useless as the ones I had on the 77W in F? The 77W F leg/footrest was clearly designed for midgets, or I was just being very incompetent at extending it fully - it could have been the Dom The best I could manage was having it extend to the middle of my calves, so I gave up and just put my feet up on the little shelf under the IFE screen instead...

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
            It seems that most SQtalkers like 15K in the A380.

I was wondering whether there's any discernable difference between 14K and 15K? I'm able to choose either, but the one thing i'm iffy about re 15K is the proximity to the washroom, the associated traffic and people mingling ard.

is it an issue to be concerned with, esp on a long 13hr flight? Thanks!
            Washroom is not directly behind 15K. There is a good size storage compartment behind 15K (and 15A) that takes up a pitch of almost another C seat. 16F is the closest to the washroom. The way that the washroom indicator light is placed, most of the mini cabin pax will end up using the big washroom in the front of the cabin (right next to the main stairs). The washroom in the mid section galley is mostly for the main cabin J pax so not a lot of pax will walk past the mid section galley (except maybe me).

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
              17A / K will give you the best privacy but they are too close to the galley and can be busy and noisy at times.
              These seats are great for day flights or if you don't want or need to sleep. However, for an overnight flight when you really want to sleep it can be a bit noisy around there. I had 17K on SQ221 a few weeks ago and as much as I loved watching and listening to the crew in action (great fun...), I got disturbed a few times while sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                These seats are great for day flights or if you don't want or need to sleep. However, for an overnight flight when you really want to sleep it can be a bit noisy around there. I had 17K on SQ221 a few weeks ago and as much as I loved watching and listening to the crew in action (great fun...), I got disturbed a few times while sleeping.
                I echoed man flyer's views. I had 17k and it's the most private ever... and watching the crew in action is truly an interesting experience.

I am now in LHR Virgin clubhouse typing this while i get my shoes polished. The experience is amazing.. the best of the lounges i had so far.

Honestly, despite the great 17k seat, i have traded it for 15k for today as i was up partying until 5am this morning. Now i had less than 2 hours sleep and definitely need to get more on the plane.. no time for the crew in action for now.

Comment

Looking at this discussion, I am intrigued by one thing - that they (SQ) have succeeded in making a cabin where MOST seats are acceptable in J, and that there are differing opinions all over the place.

We all know 11A and K are the pits, that's obvious, but just about every other seat is someone's favourite.

This is unlike say the 744 - where 17ACHK is the standard answer for the most part.

Comment

Having every seat access to the aisle makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Looking at this discussion, I am intrigued by one thing - that they (SQ) have succeeded in making a cabin where MOST seats are acceptable in J, and that there are differing opinions all over the place.

We all know 11A and K are the pits, that's obvious, but just about every other seat is someone's favourite.

This is unlike say the 744 - where 17ACHK is the standard answer for the most part.
                      Well using the example of the 77W, which has similar seats, I think most seats are acceptable but bulkhead Row 11 is by far the best.

Is this not the case that (bulkhead) Row 11 on the A380 would naturally have been the seats of choice, but by "handicapping" them, SQ has made the other non-bulkhead seats seem more equal?

** Disclaimer: I have yet to fly on the A380 btw...

Comment

11 D/F are fine. For A and K, besides these seats do not have any windows they are also smaller due to the curvature of the front cabin of the aircraft. The front panels where the TV monitors are located are also only about 3/4 of the width of the seats.

Comment

Working...
                        X