Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIA to offer unlimited wifi to economy pax (If they sign up for Krisflyer membership)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA to offer unlimited wifi to economy pax (If they sign up for Krisflyer membership)

Unlimited wifi on flights from 1 July! This sounds like great news. I hope internet bandwidth on planes is sufficient for so many users.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...my-from-july-1

Coming just weeks after EK offered free wifi.

Comment

This is a welcome change. At least there is no more data based wifi. Luckily the trips I took on SQ (2016/2022) had time based wifi. Good thing is we are all KrisFlyer members so it’s a good thing.

Flying EK to India in October, and my parents signed all of us up for Skywards, so it’s a win-win if you’re a member.

But the other side to this is that you have to sign up if you want free internet, not always ideal depending on how many airlines you fly. At the same time, one news could lead to another over time.

First & Business class passengers do not have to worry about having an account for getting free internet. I wonder if this is going to be next for Economy & Premium Economy in the future if this trial goes well.

It’s also a little annoying SQ still has two types of Wifi onboard certain aircraft especially some 777’s. Hopefully all their 777-9 will be more consistent with the same Wifi provider.

Comment

Working...
      X