Silver Kris Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Kris Magazine

What has happened to SQ's Silver Kris magazine? Even the online version has disappeared! The Silver Kris magazine used to support SQ's branding rather effectively. A fantastically produced magazine that was informative, exciting, engrossing and upbeat, with quite a hip quotient in terms of presentation, I might add. The loss of this magazine cannot be a positive development for the airline. Look at the seat pockets these days - empty, except for the Air Sickness Bag. I'm not sure if the pandemic precipitated the end of of print copies. Even If I grudgingly accept this loss, what about the online version? Why stop producing that?

Silver Kris magazine has been in print since 1976 - I remember my first copy - in 1976 - with a windmill and red tulip cover. In those days, I remember that the magazine came out bi monthly, so as a child, there was a real expectancy at the end of the second month for the next edition.

One thing that SK magazine does for SQ is that it reinforces the airline's image. SQ should not underestimate this power. Do you know how many passengers take home the magazine, which serves to extend the airline's reputational potential to non SQ travellers? Each time, I flip open the double page route map, read the line after a feature story - “Singapore Airlines serves xxxxxxxxxx destination, yy times weekly”, I feel excited about travelling on SQ to that destination (even If I have been there before because the articles tend to be so updated).

Bring back SK magazine, please, Singapore Airlines!
    Last edited by Caravelle; 1 August 2022, 10:42 PM.

Ooops - I forgot - the Flight Safety Card, besides the Air Sickness Bag which can be found too in the seat pockets. OK, there you go - defintely 2 things not associated with the splendours and enjoyment of air travel. Please bring back Silver Kris magazine! The Thompson Aero and Recaro seat pockets are calling out for their lost friend - the Silver Kris magazine!
    Last edited by Caravelle; 1 August 2022, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Gosh - didn’t realise that even the online version of SK Magazine disappeared too… I must say I’m still a “paper person” - the digital online version just don’t cut it for me sadly. Always love the SK Magazine - always thought it was one of the better Airline Inflight Magazines out there, Always take home the onboard copy whenever I travel with SQ.

On a side note, I’m pretty sure that when I last travelled on SQ (which was back in Apr and May), I thought I also saw the KrisWorld Entertain managing/booklet in the seat pocket too!

Comment

Working...
      X