• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77W 9V-SWA delivery flight

Our 1st 77W on its way........

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...11-21&x=10&y=6

Hoorray, can't wait for Dec5...

Comment

Interesting to see that it's stopping over at ICN. Odd. Shouldn't it be able to fly from Paine Field to Singapore nonstop (assuming it's flying empty)?

Comment

It is a bit strange. There can't be much weight on the bird.

Be nice to get a picture of it arriving at Changi on here. Better get onto the NinerVictor lot methinks.

Comment

I have a feeling that plane's belly may well be full of cargo.

Similarly, 9V-SYL's delivery flight was also via ICN.

Comment

I've been on a delivery flight. There were two test pilots plus one instructor pilot (as an observer) onboard. A nonstop PAE-SIN flight would require an extra pilot and would use more fuel. What would be the advantage of flying nonstop?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I have a feeling that plane's belly may well be full of cargo.

Similarly, 9V-SYL's delivery flight was also via ICN.
              Cargo of what though? BTW, 9V-SYL doesn't have the capabilities to fly nonstop from PNE-SIN in headwinds. A still-wind flight would still have the plane splashdown some 1000 km shy of SIN.

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              I've been on a delivery flight. There were two test pilots plus one instructor pilot (as an observer) onboard. A nonstop PAE-SIN flight would require an extra pilot and would use more fuel. What would be the advantage of flying nonstop?
              And actually, flying PAE-ICN-SIN is 12978 km, while PAE-SIN is 12960 km, so it would actually be shorter by a whole 18 km. Not paying landing fees would be a big cost advantage.
              Last edited by globetrekker84; 23 November 2006, 04:37 AM.

Comment

ETA SIN 1145

Current landing pattern using 02L runway. woo hoo! I may get to see it from my office window
                Last edited by 9V-JKL; 23 November 2006, 09:17 AM. Reason: added current landing pattern

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  Cargo of what though? BTW, 9V-SYL doesn't have the capabilities to fly nonstop from PNE-SIN in headwinds. A still-wind flight would still have the plane splashdown some 1000 km shy of SIN.
                  No idea what cargo, just speculating...maybe some spares of???

AFAIK, SQ delivery flights have the normal full crew (flightdeck + cabin) & so other admin staff. Told to me by a LSS who was once on a non-stop 772-ER delivery flight

Comment

ETA SIN 1145

Current landing pattern using 02L runway. woo hoo! I may get to see it from my office window
                    Recheck ATIS often!

Comment

AFAIK, SQ delivery flights have the normal full crew (flightdeck + cabin) & so other admin staff. Told to me by a LSS who was once on a non-stop 772-ER delivery flight
                      Really? A full crew of 10+? I admit it would be fun to do a delivery flight. Kind of like the 772LR's longest flight (22 hours+). I wonder how many bottles of Dom I could go through.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
                        Recheck ATIS often!
                        Am checking.

Comment

A B777-300ER can fly PAE-SIN nonstop with some cargo. How much depends on the winds that day. Anyway, it's difficult to imagine cargo on a delivery flight. On my delivery flight, I was only allowed one regulation carry-on. The cargo hold was empty.
                          And actually, flying PAE-ICN-SIN is 12978 km, while PAE-SIN is 12960 km, so it would actually be shorter by a whole 18 km. Not paying landing fees would be a big cost advantage.
                          Landing fees for a tech stop would be less than the extra fuel burned on a nonstop.

Comment

Normally, a first delivery, such as 9V-SWA, would include a load of extra employees celebrating the new type or subtype. Later deliveries, such 9V-SWB, would probably have about 5 or 6 people onboard.
                            Last edited by zvezda; 26 November 2006, 03:04 AM.

Comment

She arrived in beautiful weather into 02L no less. Pics available from the NinerVictor forum
                              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 23 November 2006, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X